Pool eyeglasses 2023

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
IF you're still l@@king...
[ OUT OF STOCK - WILL NOT REORDER ]
REALLY LIGHT WEIGHT - HUGE GLASS AREA (currently Dec-2022) $20.00
I used a tan paint pen to cover the red.
In a mirror, looks like I'm not wearing glasses.
I bought 3 pairs in +.25 steps to my prescription. (1.75 - 2.00 - 2.25)
I change lens when needed AND if I break a frame, got spares.
I pinched the nose pads closer and the frame sits higher.
Only part of the frame I see is near the hinge.

Last edited:

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 2019 I ordered a pair of snooker glasses from Spex4less in the UK. and all was fine with them. Tried to order another pair as prescription had changed too much in Oct. 2022 and they will not ship outside of the UK anymore so was out of luck. Bummer as they were only $100 shipped and worked fine for me. They offered no reason why they wouldn't ship out of the UK and I did press them about it. Probably some change due to limits on shipping during the pandemic I would guess.

The choice when you fill out the shipping info is limited to the UK. There are no choices other than just that. If you know someone in the UK that can forward them for you then perhaps you can get a pair that way.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No,dont call gordon ,his after sale support sucks,he said he was going to try to fix the problem,and left me hanging
that was not my experience with him
he was quick to get back to me and answer questions and on one set where the prescription was wrong he expressed mailed the replacement to me at no charge to me
i have 4 or 5 glasses from him
(my prescription changes as i get older and after cataract surgery)

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IF you're still l@@king...
REALLY LIGHT WEIGHT - HUGE GLASS AREA (currently Dec-2022) $20.00
I used a tan paint pen to cover the red.
In a mirror, looks like I'm not wearing glasses.
I bought 3 pairs in +.25 steps to my prescription. (1.75 - 2.00 - 2.25)
I change lens when needed AND if I break a frame, got spares.
I pinched the nose pads closer and the frame sits higher.
Only part of the frame I see is near the hinge. Thanks for your feedback. I ordered a pair of pool/snooker glasses. I will review them hopefully in a month.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that was not my experience with him
he was quick to get back to me and answer questions and on one set where the prescription was wrong he expressed mailed the replacement to me at no charge to me
i have 4 or 5 glasses from him
(my prescription changes as i get older and after cataract surgery)
In 2019 I ordered a pair of snooker glasses from Spex4less in the UK. and all was fine with them. Tried to order another pair as prescription had changed too much in Oct. 2022 and they will not ship outside of the UK anymore so was out of luck. Bummer as they were only $100 shipped and worked fine for me. They offered no reason why they wouldn't ship out of the UK and I did press them about it. Probably some change due to limits on shipping during the pandemic I would guess.

The choice when you fill out the shipping info is limited to the UK. There are no choices other than just that. If you know someone in the UK that can forward them for you then perhaps you can get a pair that way. I actually spoke to Janet Styles from Spex4less. She said they are willing to ship to the U.S sometime in 2023. And yes, their prices are very reasonable.

Reactions: bbb

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually spoke to Janet Styles from Spex4less. She said they are willing to ship to the U.S sometime in 2023. And yes, their prices are very reasonable.
Swell. but just WHEN is the question!
Snookerspex.com looks like the way to go for me now. Thanks for the tip on them!

frenchpeasoup

Registered
No,dont call gordon ,his after sale support sucks,he said he was going to try to fix the problem,and left me hanging
This is Gordon ,
owner and optician of www-billiard-eyeglasses.com .

I am aware of the issues MIke K is having and the situation has been resolved .

I believe it is important to let you know that, when offering products for sale on line, there is a risk that you will have certain clients that are more difficult. I try very hard to resolve these issues but it is not always possible. Thankfully I have the opportunity to have dealt with hundreds of outstanding pool players over the past 15 years and my thanks go out to them.

Many of my billiard eyeglasses are worn by major professional names in the pool sports arena and I am very proud to have assisted them. Professional or beginner, I will always be available to answer your questions and guide you accordingly. I am semi retired and continue to make Billiard Eyeglasses for my clients due to the need to help them.

If you wish to speak to me or have any question related to Billiard eyeglasses , please call me, I only ask that you respect normal business hours. Calling from California at 9:00 PM means I am answering my phone a midnight.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
Does anyone have recommendations on pool eyeglasses.

I have an eye issue and cannot get surgery or contacts

I Have heard of Curren eyeglasses, but the $500 entry may price me out...

thanks in advance
Hi everyone,
I purchased a pair of Snookerspex.com glasses. These glasses come from England and because the currency rate as of today, Snookerspex are very affordable. So below are some details about my purchase: (Good and bad first impressions)

Good
  • The Snookerspex.com glasses are very light weight (I do not notice them on my face)
  • The materials feel and look to be high quality frames and lenses
  • The glasses fit me well and needed no additional adjustment
  • I can see better than without glasses
  • The price was less than half, more like a third of U.S made high quality glasses
  • Other glasses at this price point are much, much heavier
Bad
  • Who do you call for service after the sale, England?
  • Getting an order filled was 30 days to my door
  • Wearing glasses is not nearly as good compared to natural vision
Pics attached...

So I will do a long term update, if there is anything new to report! Cheers

Attachments

• PXL_20230131_001210498 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230131_001210498 (1).jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20230131_001227474.jpg
    PXL_20230131_001227474.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20230131_001210498.jpg
    PXL_20230131_001210498.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20230131_001215314.jpg
    PXL_20230131_001215314.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 56

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
50A7BDE2-E41C-421B-BDD6-7915CD4AF1B0.jpeg

A friend of mine who plays VERY strong just got these.

I can’t play with glasses on, the pockets seem to move. But if I could this would be the plan

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Similar shape, REALLY light.

zz_20230130_195812.jpg
$12.00 (2021 - free ship)

Last edited:
View attachment 685125

I can’t play with glasses on, the pockets seem to move. But if I could this would be the plan
Well I'm glad that he's work out for him I try to pair from billiard c u e glasses out of Canada and he couldn't fit me correctly so I opted to buy contacts which I haven't worn for 15 years and they're working out great good luck

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm glad that he's work out for him I try to pair from billiard c u e glasses out of Canada and he couldn't fit me correctly so I opted to buy contacts which I haven't worn for 15 years and they're working out great good luck
I have to play with contacts. I’m blind without them🙁

Shooter1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've bought 3 pairs from Spex4less in the UK in the last 12 years or so and have had pretty good luck. I normally wear tri-focals all the time. I play primarily on bar boxes and even only needing to see a span of about 7 feet my single power prescription is a compromise. I have it tuned to be sharp and clear for up close shots but on table length shots, the OB is a bit out of focus but not much.

As stated earlier this company will no longer ship to the USA. If you don't know anyone in the UK you can use as a shipper, there are companies that will set up a PO box in the UK for you and they act as the shipper and charge you a fee for it. I think it was in the $25 range to do this.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some glasses by Bill Curran out in PA. I took delivery of them in late Nov./early Dec. of last year, and I love them. I'm in my mid 30's and have shot since my early 20's with no glasses. I'm about 6'2" and shoot really low over my cue, so standard glasses have always been a problem. I can still pocket balls and have decent nights of play without glasses, but what I noticed in recent times is that I would begin to fatigue badly about an hour into playing. My eyes would become very tired, the balls would get really blurry, etc. So my stamina for playing any kind of longish set was just in the gutter. Any long, fairly tough cut shot was just a total crapshoot. I'd often just miss the ball entirely or hit it too fat since I couldn't actually see the edge of the ball. Shots like a ball being just off the end rail and a diamond away from my pocket with ball in hand while playing one pocket - I'd very often miss shots like these.

The whole process was really fantastic with Bill - it's a little bit of work to complete the form on their site (have somebody take pics of you shooting, etc.), but it's all to the end of them creating the best possible fit for you. I completed the form and submitted it in the evening, and had an email from Bill the next morning saying he'd give me a call to talk about the glasses. He did that afternoon, and we had a brief conversation where he asked me some questions and then he went on his way, quoting me around 10 days for delivery (slightly longer than normal with Thanksgiving happening).

The glasses fit perfectly, and the prescription is perfect. They weren't cheap, but I got basically every upgrade possible with the idea that this is a once every few years purchase. My insurance knocked off about 100. The one caveat I'll mention, and it may only be my experience, is that the glasses took a bit to get used to. I have zero issues transitioning from my regular glasses to them now, but initially the switch made me nauseated. Not while I was playing, but after. I'd get done playing and feel sick for the next few hours. I think if I'd just gone to the pool hall for a ton of hours every single day those first few weeks I'd have adjusted to them much quicker, but I don't have that kind of time. So my adjustment to them was piecemeal, and happened as I played a couple times a week over about a month. Eventually, it completely stopped.

In summation: I love these glasses, and should have gotten some years ago. It took me a bit to adjust to them, so be wary of that possibility and give it a few play sessions for your eyes and brain to iron everything out.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some glasses by Bill Curran out in PA. I took delivery of them in late Nov./early Dec. of last year, and I love them. I'm in my mid 30's and have shot since my early 20's with no glasses. I'm about 6'2" and shoot really low over my cue, so standard glasses have always been a problem. I can still pocket balls and have decent nights of play without glasses, but what I noticed in recent times is that I would begin to fatigue badly about an hour into playing. My eyes would become very tired, the balls would get really blurry, etc. So my stamina for playing any kind of longish set was just in the gutter. Any long, fairly tough cut shot was just a total crapshoot. I'd often just miss the ball entirely or hit it too fat since I couldn't actually see the edge of the ball. Shots like a ball being just off the end rail and a diamond away from my pocket with ball in hand while playing one pocket - I'd very often miss shots like these.

The whole process was really fantastic with Bill - it's a little bit of work to complete the form on their site (have somebody take pics of you shooting, etc.), but it's all to the end of them creating the best possible fit for you. I completed the form and submitted it in the evening, and had an email from Bill the next morning saying he'd give me a call to talk about the glasses. He did that afternoon, and we had a brief conversation where he asked me some questions and then he went on his way, quoting me around 10 days for delivery (slightly longer than normal with Thanksgiving happening).

The glasses fit perfectly, and the prescription is perfect. They weren't cheap, but I got basically every upgrade possible with the idea that this is a once every few years purchase. My insurance knocked off about 100. The one caveat I'll mention, and it may only be my experience, is that the glasses took a bit to get used to. I have zero issues transitioning from my regular glasses to them now, but initially the switch made me nauseated. Not while I was playing, but after. I'd get done playing and feel sick for the next few hours. I think if I'd just gone to the pool hall for a ton of hours every single day those first few weeks I'd have adjusted to them much quicker, but I don't have that kind of time. So my adjustment to them was piecemeal, and happened as I played a couple times a week over about a month. Eventually, it completely stopped.

In summation: I love these glasses, and should have gotten some years ago. It took me a bit to adjust to them, so be wary of that possibility and give it a few play sessions for your eyes and brain to iron everything out.

View attachment 685125

I
View attachment 685125

If you feel the point of focus is moving try eyeglass straps.

You may not prefer glasses, but we can use whatever we have to.

I knew so many old timers with coke bottles on running out from everywhere. 😂