Pool items you think of that won’t ever be made

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
wolfy get a patent or it gets stolen on you.
but john barton is a nice guy and honest. maybe try to arrange a deal for him to produce and sell and you get a royalty for each case.
other wise you will just have heartbreak trying to put it together.
Yeah I know. Just like with pool I put other things off too. This idea came about over a year ago. Wish I could say more. The only reason I mentioned it was to hopefully get back on it. Plus nata posted. He’s got that cool ball he made. He actually made his idea reality.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
even if you do get it made and all your sh--t together you still have to market it. and you will still end up giving away rights to those that can market it.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys, I’ll keep repeating this throughout my career:

Do not be paranoid about your idea.

Make an NDA, it’s an easy way to calm your nerves. You need some level of collaboration in order to materialize your idea. Your idea has absolutely no value to anybody until it is proven to make money. People are paralyzed by over protecting their ideas because they think that the conception is the hardest part. Everyone on Earth has at least one excellent idea.

The hardest part is scaling for manufacturing, not the idea itself.

The amount of people that come to me with great ideas and fail to execute on them has been 99%.

Patents do little for you in a small market unless you have $100k of litigation funding. It isn’t illegal to infringe, nobody will go to jail, and it is a civil matter at the burden of the infringee. It is much better to be first to market and make a name than it is to worry about a patent, in niche markets.

Last edited:

DaWizard

Yeah, nice try, large corporations!!

----

So I had another brain short circuit: deep fake pool video's. Train video AI on the many many hours of pool footage so AI can create any type of player and have them play actual games. At any time you can let Filler play prime Varner a virtual game of pool.

When I started writing this post I thought it was a worthless idea, but on second thought it might be interesting.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
Man you all are driving me nuts. I might just have to sell the restoration project and invest to get a restored one later. Damn ADHD! Sorry about writing and deleting. I need to work on hitting “cancel” instead. lol. 😂

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Small button inserts where the round white part is drilled out of the pool table for the diamond location. Unable to see the round white diamond but a nice dim pastel led light with wiring feeding it or a removable one to insert a button battery to light it up would be a goldmine for some manufacturer.
A 'goldmine'???? Bit of a stretch to say the least. More of a fix in search of a problem. Never heard anyone complain they couldn't see the diamonds. I'd rather have a auto-racker like a bowling pin-setter. ;)

dquarasr

Registered
How about instead of those signs in the bathroom, a sensor in the bathroom that says please wash your hands when you don’t. Now this one isnt Pool Hall specific but that’s disgusting.!
I'm retired. There are signs in public places, usually restaurants, that say "Employees MUST wash hands!" Well, since I'm no longer an employee.....

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm retired. There are signs in public places, usually restaurants, that say "Employees MUST wash hands!" Well, since I'm no longer an employee.....
Last tournament I was at, a player walked into the restroom, went over to the sink and washed his hands, then proceeded to go to the urinal and pee. Then he left without washing his hands. :rolleyes:

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
A 'goldmine'???? Bit of a stretch to say the least. More of a fix in search of a problem. Never heard anyone complain they couldn't see the diamonds. I'd rather have a auto-racker like a bowling pin-setter. ;)
That's what was said about Diamond Tables when Brunswick had control. That's what they said about Walmart when K-mart had control.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1711741429179.png

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has two reviews. Neither have comments.

I found his Etsy store:
IMG_3509.jpeg

Last edited:

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Here are a couple....

Saw a DIY version of this somewhere...looked like a block of wood with a piece of leather that swiveled.....double decker ball marker......I made a 3D printed version using a 608 bearing....If the ball is partially on the rack template...swivel it open and mark the ball with the upper deck....remove the ball and the template can easily be removed and the ball replaced.

ballmarker1.jpg
ballmarker2.jpg
ballmarker3.jpg

The other one is a grip trainer.....I am a last three finger gripper of the cue......I was a right handed Golfer so the left grip was gripped in the last three fingers......I play pool left handed so I hold the cue very much like I would hold a golf club...(last three fingers)..........I wanted to quiet the fingers and have them work more in unison so I made a grip trainer........Turns out....I like it so much I am just going to throw it in my bag and put it on any time I play...

gripring2.jpg
gripring1.jpg

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
Or how about a cue with some buttons like a toy bazooka. Call it sharkie. You can press the button when you make a good shot that sounds like you just picked up an extra life in Mario. And when you play safe good press the button to say “ooh that’s gotta hurt!” Think NBA Jam….