Rasson Table

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... Rasson's Victory table has a unique look to it. I think it looks cool. I also like that your front foot will never hit a table leg.

victory%2528blue%2529.jpg
from: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=292558
attachment.php

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good points.. you are right. (I think Brunswick had already gone overseas by the time diamond came along though...) Although with high definition TVs the Chinese government provides\d incentives which offset the cost of shipping to undercut domestic price points ... one of the reasons that 0% of HD screens are manufactured in the US... this includes all screens used in DOD equipment.

So the only price competition would probably be labor (but we can match that by doing more with less...) so ultimately in comes down to customer service and quality... because the international market is a level playing field thanks to the WTO....

Thanks! I've been posting here a long time and this may be the first time I've ever convinced anyone of anything.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
They're back....................

I will still call them no name cause I have never seen one, biggest exporter of pool tables in the world or not.

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/12771-rasson-announced-as-new-matchroom-pool-table-supplier/

MATCHROOM SPORT is delighted to announce that RASSON BILLIARDS will be the Official Table Supplier at all Matchroom pool events over the next three years.

The company, based in Jiujiang City in south western China, have made large in roads into the billiard world since setting up 26 years ago. Originally, they were a slate producing country, something that they still specialize in.

Rasson will be bringing their top-of-the-range Victory table to the Mosconi Cup, World Cup of Pool and World Pool Masters.

With the Mosconi Cup set for Alexandra Palace, London this December and details of the World Cup of Pool and World Pool Masters 23rd and 11th editions to be announced in due course, Rasson’s tables will be seen on pool’s global stage over the next three years.

Rasson general manager, Junny Song said, “We’re thrilled to work with Matchroom. Matchroom Sport is a world leader in pool productions and does an excellent job on holding all three pool events.

“We also feel much honored for so many great players from all over the world would play on Rasson table. All Rasson commercial tables are equipped with our own designed and patented levelling system and pockets that are the easiest to assemble in the market.

“As the biggest pool table manufacturer and exporter in the world, we believe this would be win-win cooperation for both Matchroom and Rasson. We wish every player would enjoy the play on our table!”

Commented Matchroom Sport Chairman, Barry Hearn, “We are delighted to have Rasson on board as our table supplier and look forward to showcasing their magnificent Victory table in the finest pool events in the world.

“The Mosconi Cup, World Pool Masters and World Cup of Pool will give Rasson unprecedented exposure to a TV audience across the world and we’re very excited to be working with them over the coming years.”

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And, apparently, this is the Victory table: http://www.rasson.cn/#!victory/ijerh

I wonder what the story is behind the switch from Diamond to Rasson.

[Edit -- whoops, I see pictures of the table have been posted a couple of times earlier in this thread]

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Mark Wilson should be calling up Florian right now to see if he wants to host a USA Mosconi Cup warm up event in his house prior to going over to England.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
And Diamond was really bad for the folks working at Brunswick, and that was a great thing for the pool world! That's how competition works.

Hate to break the news to you, but Diamond didn't do SQUAT to Brunswick.

Brunswick Corporation or as it used to be knows, Brunswick-Balke-Collender Company is a former Fortune 500 company. They are worth BILLIONS of dollars.

Trust me, if Brunswick had wanted to, they could have absolutely destroyed Diamond like Godzilla stepping on a cockroach.

Diamond is only around in professional events because Brunswick bailed on the professional pool scene because pool sucks so bad.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hate to break the news to you, but Diamond didn't do SQUAT to Brunswick.

Brunswick Corporation or as it used to be knows, Brunswick-Balke-Collender Company is a former Fortune 500 company. They are worth BILLIONS of dollars.

Trust me, if Brunswick had wanted to, they could have absolutely destroyed Diamond like Godzilla stepping on a cockroach.

Diamond is only around in professional events because Brunswick bailed on the professional pool scene because pool sucks so bad.

I agree. Sad but true.

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having lost 4 jobs to overseas competition, let me explain to the best of my ability how overseas competitors enter the market and gain market share. First, they introduce a product at a significantly lower price point. The quality at the introduction may or may not be comparable to the top dawg in the market, but they will enter because of the price. Once that occurs, as someone noted, they will steadily improve their quality until it IS comparable or better. At that time, they will become the market leader, and if the product is labor intensive, the US product better have a loyal following, or they are in deep trouble. As for shipping cost, well, I don't know how they do it, but I as a business owner have bought a lot of product from China at no shipping cost whatsoever. If Diamond is not worried, it won't be long before they are. My opinion, based on experience.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Lets just say Rasson tables are built well like diamond and Brunswick. Does anyone know how much one of them would cost shipped? How about 8 or 12 of them. Me thinks there is a lot more going on than tournament dates, good for the pros, and tournament dates. Johnnyt

PS: How would I find out the price of the tables?

i dont know about those but im very interested in an aailex? metro table

identical to the brunswick metro, only in pin wood not mahogany

anyways he tells me the 9fter with ball return is 700 usd, with 600 usd shipping

i tell him BRING IT ON!

then he goes silent, seems hed perfer not to ship just one table overseas as its the same cost for 5 tables to ship, even though i pay the shipping

i still want it, hope i can get it some time

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having lost 4 jobs to overseas competition, let me explain to the best of my ability how overseas competitors enter the market and gain market share. First, they introduce a product at a significantly lower price point. The quality at the introduction may or may not be comparable to the top dawg in the market, but they will enter because of the price. Once that occurs, as someone noted, they will steadily improve their quality until it IS comparable or better. At that time, they will become the market leader, and if the product is labor intensive, the US product better have a loyal following, or they are in deep trouble. As for shipping cost, well, I don't know how they do it, but I as a business owner have bought a lot of product from China at no shipping cost whatsoever. If Diamond is not worried, it won't be long before they are. My opinion, based on experience.

Interesting observations, but I wonder if Diamond is really at any risk in this situation, unless these folks really can build a better mousetrap.

Diamond tables occupy a niche at the top of the serious player/serious enthusiast market based on a perception of superiority. All of the people on this board who bought Diamonds could have bought a much cheaper table, even a good much cheaper table with the seemingly endless supply of used Gold Crowns on the market. Pool halls get Diamonds because of demand from serious players/enthusiasts.

My guess is that Kasson isn't primarily aiming at the US market and is looking at the international market, where Diamond has (to my knowledge, at least) not made much of an impact.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
i dont know about those but im very interested in an aailex? metro table

identical to the brunswick metro, only in pin wood not mahogany

anyways he tells me the 9fter with ball return is 700 usd, with 600 usd shipping

i tell him BRING IT ON!

then he goes silent, seems hed perfer not to ship just one table overseas as its the same cost for 5 tables to ship, even though i pay the shipping

i still want it, hope i can get it some time

$1300.00 American dollars for a new table with shipping from China? That cannot be right.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Now I've heard it all. A Canadian company doing business on American soil using knock-off Chinese tables. :eek:

Jam, the Chinese are creepin' in everywhere, just the way it is when freedom is on the other side of the wall. In a few more centuries of cross breeding it won't matter an iota.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
$1300.00 American dollars for a new table with shipping from China? That cannot be right.
I talked to a local billiard supply store owner. He had to compete with the $1300 slate tables from China that people ordered over the internet. At that time (and maybe still), the quality was such that he would not install them or repair them -- too many call-backs.

He is no longer in business.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I talked to a local billiard supply store owner. He had to compete with the $1300 slate tables from China that people ordered over the internet. At that time (and maybe still), the quality was such that he would not install them or repair them -- too many call-backs.

Bob I too remember a similar situation in which Massey had 20 some Chinese? knock off's years ago. I heard of the top rail laminates peeling back. Good ta see ya at CA, but 10 hrs sleep in two days, and such, I was cooked and didn't get a chance to say Hi.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

How does one even compete with prices that low? Its just unfathomable!! Obviously hardcore players know the difference between a professional Diamond and a cheap Chinese table and even at those prices serious would most likely pay extra for the Diamond but even comparing that $1300.00 to furniture tables is ridiculously cheap! If you have no CONTUS dealers I could see where getting the table set-up could become very difficult, thats not even considering what happens if there is a problem with one of the table parts coming from the other side of the globe.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Another example of cheap products ruining the market.
Those import tables have ruined the pool table market here.
People go broke and discouraged after getting them. They dump them on CL and probably never buy a table again.