Scott frost has retired from professional pool

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
No
I might take his lessons as well

1 man and no aiming system

You may not need his lessons, but a whole lot of us lesser players sure do. We need it badly.

Gene worked our town a year ago twice (no pros here, but 12 leagues going strong now) and I've seen the results of his work.

One example...There is a good woman player who has never beaten me in the 15 years I've known her. She knows pool, loves pool, her boyfriend is an old time good player, she does the tourney's, I met her at a private tourney, etc. etc. She's good but she wasn't good enough for whatever reason.

Well we, usually the first place team, played her team this summer and they kicked our asses! She ran out on me in a troubled layout which I've NEVER seen her do before. I mentioned to her boyfriend that she was hitting 'em pretty sporty. He whispered to me like he didn't want anyone to hear, "Well, there was this guy who came through town last year and he showed us his way of getting the proper eye in position when going into a stance and it changed her game...It made mine much better, too." I just smiled and said, "Ah, you met Geno." He followed up with, "I was skeptical about it, but the evidence is there."

You're maybe too good, being closer to the top of the learning curve, to get more than a tiny percentage gain from his method, but please stop knocking his action....I thought real pool players didn't do that. We, the mundane pool players need guys like him and we need it bad. So does the game itself.

Gene is helping the game, not himself so much. Cripes, listen to what he goes through just to be out there. He's my age, I know how hard it is to just get out of bed when I'm home, not to mention in a fleabag hotel.

Imho, what Gene had better do is to teach others to teach his methods...and fast!

(Btw, I've been in marketing for 30 years and I mentioned to Gene that his name "Perfect Aim" was far from perfect and he'd regret naming it that, as promising perfection and never being able to deliver it is a recipe for disaster. He defended it and we just let it go at the time....it's not really our business, afterall.)

Jeff Livingston

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
You may not need his lessons, but a whole lot of us lesser players sure do. We need it badly.

Gene worked our town a year ago twice (no pros here, but 12 leagues going strong now) and I've seen the results of his work.

One example...There is a good woman player who has never beaten me in the 15 years I've known her. She knows pool, loves pool, her boyfriend is an old time good player, she does the tourney's, I met her at a private tourney, etc. etc. She's good but she wasn't good enough for whatever reason.

Well we, usually the first place team, played her team this summer and they kicked our asses! She ran out on me in a troubled layout which I've NEVER seen her do before. I mentioned to her boyfriend that she was hitting 'em pretty sporty. He whispered to me like he didn't want anyone to hear, "Well, there was this guy who came through town last year and he showed us his way of getting the proper eye in position when going into a stance and it changed her game...It made mine much better, too." I just smiled and said, "Ah, you met Geno." He followed up with, "I was skeptical about it, but the evidence is there."

You're maybe too good, being closer to the top of the learning curve, to get more than a tiny percentage gain from his method, but please stop knocking his action....I thought real pool players didn't do that. We, the mundane pool players need guys like him and we need it bad. So does the game itself.

Gene is helping the game, not himself so much. Cripes, listen to what he goes through just to be out there. He's my age, I know how hard it is to just get out of bed when I'm home, not to mention in a fleabag hotel.

Imho, what Gene had better do is to teach others to teach his methods...and fast!

(Btw, I've been in marketing for 30 years and I mentioned to Gene that his name "Perfect Aim" was far from perfect and he'd regret naming it that, as promising perfection and never being able to deliver it is a recipe for disaster. He defended it and we just let it go at the time....it's not really our business, afterall.)

Jeff Livingston

I didn't mean I would take his lessons
I was saying the people he gave lessons to in Columbus want them from me so I might take his clients
Gene could use some lessons from me
Did you watch out match ? It was close

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I was saying the people he gave lessons to in Columbus want them from me so I might take his clients

No I didn't watch but I read as it progressed.

You killed him, if the score is any indication. That was a good lesson, I'd guess.

Good luck.

Jeff Livingston

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Let's give him some lessons right now Bart.

You played him enough to see his strengths and weaknesses.

What does Gene do well?

Where does Gene need improvement?

And what is Gene's #1 flaw?

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You dont look too old in the photo in your avatar and you already know what the business is like, dice and the wheel are tough but if you got a good head, you should be able to fade it.

And as you know, it aint how well you deal, its how you handle people that means everything. I used to have guys on my crew that couldnt run down a stack for love or money, BUT they could make money off of anyone because they knew how to hustle and handle people.
If you aint doing nothing better, look into it. But if you got a better gig going, stick with what youre doing.

Ever since the layoff in 08 things have not been the same. I will be looking to get back in somewhere.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

It could have gone either way.
JoeyA

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
."Touch Of Perfect" Aim

Jeff Livingston

Maybe he needs to change it to TOP AIM....."Touch Of Perfect" Aim ;)

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The future of pro pool players:

homeless-laptop.jpg

At least they'll have a laptop to continue posting on azbilliards.

Sad but true in most cases. Fun but no ROI.

barking4action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Chris b. please come to the Bay Area and bust these frisking nits! Pool sucks where I'm at. Would like to see some action. You can stay at my house and they would come to you to play. I have a perfect gold crown 2 with 4" pockets.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
You have become truly delusional if you actually believe an entry level job in the oil industry in North Dakota is anywhere close to what Scott has been doing.

Lol. I've worked as a roustabout in the oil fields and it is no picnic but most of the roughnecks I know seem to be in a lot better shape than the pool players who have been in their line of work for the same period of time.

A pro players life isn't tough. It's low pay, but it's not tough.

So you think a low-paying job/life isn't tough?

Texas has Eagle Ford Shale stretching across dozens of counties. Pick a county any county. They can't find enough workers. South Texas, warm weather, great fishing and hunting. Plenty of bar room 8 ball hustling opportunities and did I mention the ladies.

I didn't know Texas also had a shortage of workers in the oil field. Interesting.

I have always known about the great fishing and hunting and the ladies. (well, the ladies part is second-hand information):grin:
JoeyA