Shaw vs Orcollo OmegaTv thread

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will have to wait for AtLarge's final stats, but 55 BNR has to be @45% . Dennis can play with Filler if he can keep that up.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All I know is that when Dennis gets in stroke he plays scary good. I've seen him run rack after rack of Ten Ball on my triple tough (4.25") Diamond table. Even though he is just practicing, to watch him run out from nowhere where I can't see how he can play position is pretty awesome. He swishes very tough shots and runs the cue ball around the table, through traffic, to get perfect on the next shot. He has the table speed and rails down pat!

When he practices he breaks the balls and plays from where they stop, no ball in hand. And it's always Ten Ball. 9-Ball is kind of a joke for him. It's no accident how he keeps beating all the best players we can throw at him. There are only a handful of players on the planet in the same league!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I know is that when Dennis gets in stroke he plays scary good. I've seen him run rack after rack of Ten Ball on my triple tough (4.25") Diamond table. Even though he is just practicing, to watch him run out from nowhere where I can't even see how he can play position is pretty awesome. He swishes very tough shots and runs the cue ball around the table, through traffic, to get perfect on the next shot. He has the table speed and rails down pat!

When he practices he breaks the balls and plays from where they stop, no ball in hand. And it's always Ten Ball. 9-Ball is kind of a joke for him.
I seen him running out like water at Hardtimes one day 7-8-9 years ago at a Sunday tourney on a stream. On the front table in the finals.

At the time I was in stroke. Next day I went into Hardtimes and was banging a few rocks around on that same box-the one he made look like a Valley barbox with extra large pockets. Funny thing, I don’t think I ran a rack, not even close

Chasing the dream
Fatboy😀

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think DO would have won regardless but today's score difference has to have Shaw's mental state/tiredness figured in. What happened to his wife had to have some effect.
The commentators mentioned towards the end that there had been something that happened to Shaw over the weekend. What was it?

The level of play over the first two days was amazing. Dennis was just able to take his best game into the third day. Jayson's play today was not as good. He missed more balls today and made more mistakes than he did in the previous two days. Hope that it was nothing unrelated to pool that caused it. Josh Roberts felt pretty strongly that they will match up again.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All I know is that when Dennis gets in stroke he plays scary good. I've seen him run rack after rack of Ten Ball on my triple tough (4.25") Diamond table. Even though he is just practicing, to watch him run out from nowhere where I can't see how he can play position is pretty awesome. He swishes very tough shots and runs the cue ball around the table, through traffic, to get perfect on the next shot. He has the table speed and rails down pat!

When he practices he breaks the balls and plays from where they stop, no ball in hand. And it's always Ten Ball. 9-Ball is kind of a joke for him. It's no accident how he keeps beating all the best players we can throw at him. There are only a handful of players on the planet in the same league!
Dennis needs to take on Shane in 10B again, maybe he'll stand a chance if they play again.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Robocop had fresh batteries. What a machine he is once he gets going! He has had a great year too.

I ask the group that follows pool events closer than me:

Is this his best year ever? Paging Mr. Helfert!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Robocop had fresh batteries. What a machine he is once he gets going! He has had a great year too.

I ask the group that follows pool events closer than me:

Is this his best year ever? Paging Mr. Helfert!
I'm not sure if it is so much his best year, but certainly has been a very consistent one, always on top or near the top tournament after tournament. I don't think he's had a bad year in the last ten or twelve years, piling up wins and $$$ year after year. Probably only Shane has won more tournaments in the USA then him, and it's very close at that, considering months go by and Dennis is not here.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being a family man, owning a business/ working and getting older are the enemy of great pool playing. But the rewards or family and hard work are irreplaceable...and getting old just sucks.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the Jayson info. Such a shame. Horrible for Jayson and tainted one of the best match ups I have had the pleasure of watching. Great pool and a great example of never giving up. Each player showed great heart in being down double digits while watching their opponent play run out pool and then sucking it up when they got a chance and getting right back into the game. I think Dennis shot 48% Break & Runs. That is in 10 Ball and over 3 days!!