Show us your HOME ROOMS !!

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Some very cool memorabilia! Love the barber's chair ... best viewing chair I ever saw. The One Pocket framed poster is also very cool! :thumbup:

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
here is mine

Attachments

• IMG_4315.jpg
    IMG_4315.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,482
  • IMG_4312.jpg
    IMG_4312.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,556

Ruark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... I actually considered wrapping the carrying beam above with some heavy-duty metal plate so I could lose the columns right up until an architect indicated this would be risky to do - could irreversibly damage the house...

Nice room, though. Really nice.

Last edited:

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
During this renovation I actually considered wrapping the carrying beam above with some heavy-duty metal plate so I could lose the columns right up until an architect indicated this would be risky to do - could irreversibly damage the house.

Too bad you didn't talk to a structural engineer. You can span almost any distance with almost any load if you have enough strength ... and the structural engineer is just the person to figure that out .... architects not so much.

Dave

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
My 25 year old little dream

Lived in our home for 13 years and the basement became a storage facility to the point there was zero room left to put anything for the last several years. Being away from the game for nearly 15 years, I got "The itch" January 2013. Spent two weeks emptying the room of 10+ years of junk accumulation. I removed a partition wall that divided the room and got to work.

Painted the exposed ceiling black (I wanted future access to mechanicals & plumbing for repairs etc), Next, was the stone, stucco & limestone ledge. To finish it off I installed a vinyl plank floor in cherry finish. The room is not done, but complete enough that I can enjoy it and I have the rest of my life to finish it. I snagged the spectator chairs of Craigslist for $300, what a score that was.

The Connelly table was bought used and in poor condition, It only took me a month before I tore it apart for new cushion rubber, facings & new cloth along with some minor repairs here and there. It may not be much, but it's mine and I don't have to pay table time and it never closes.

This thread gave me much inspiration as I was transforming my small dungeon of a basement, and it brings me much joy to be able to add to it.

KvqO1GB.jpg

HomerJay20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lived in our home for 13 years and the basement became a storage facility to the point there was zero room left to put anything for the last several years. Being away from the game for nearly 15 years, I got "The itch" January 2013. Spent two weeks emptying the room of 10+ years of junk accumulation. I removed a partition wall that divided the room and got to work.

Painted the exposed ceiling black (I wanted future access to mechanicals & plumbing for repairs etc), Next, was the stone, stucco & limestone ledge. To finish it off I installed a vinyl plank floor in cherry finish. The room is not done, but complete enough that I can enjoy it and I have the rest of my life to finish it. I snagged the spectator chairs of Craigslist for $300, what a score that was.

The Connelly table was bought used and in poor condition, It only took me a month before I tore it apart for new cushion rubber, facings & new cloth along with some minor repairs here and there. It may not be much, but it's mine and I don't have to pay table time and it never closes.

This thread gave me much inspiration as I was transforming my small dungeon of a basement, and it brings me much joy to be able to add to it.

KvqO1GB.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!! I'll bet the before pictures of that space have no resemblance to what it is today. Well Done!

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
BEAUTIFUL!!! I'll bet the before pictures of that space have no resemblance to what it is today. Well Done!

Thanks for the compliment and you're right on the money. The room had become like those hoarder shows you see on tv. Just the thought of going into the basement would make me cringe.
Now, I almost never leave....... Got a fridge, 40" tv on the wall and computers, I only go upstairs when dinner is ready.. :thumbup:

Dopc.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the compliment and you're right on the money. The room had become like those hoarder shows you see on tv. Just the thought of going into the basement would make me cringe.
Now, I almost never leave....... Got a fridge, 40" tv on the wall and computers, I only go upstairs when dinner is ready.. :thumbup:

Dopc.

Room looks great. Really like the painted/exposed ceiling. Never seen that in a house. What was the process to paint it? Just a sprayer? Did you have to be careful around certain ductwork etc?

Ian

44Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a small room but it works. Just big enough for the 8 foot Pro-Am with stroke room all around. I have been told that I may have the only 3 piece slate 8 ft Pro-Am ever made to this point. Apparently 8 ft Pro-Ams are rare period. It is on the 3rd floor.

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
Room looks great. Really like the painted/exposed ceiling. Never seen that in a house. What was the process to paint it? Just a sprayer? Did you have to be careful around certain ductwork etc?

Ian

Easiest thing I have ever done and yes I used a Graco Commercial airless sprayer. I spent about 6 hours removing nails/fasteners etc, cleaning dust, lint and who knows what from all the nooks and crannies, used a scrotchbrite pad on any exposed surface rust or crud buildup.
There is roughly 700sq feet of exposed ceiling, painting it by hand would have taken weeks :p . I started with 15 gallons of Kilz primer sealer in 3 coats allowing about two hours between coats with 36 hours dry time before paint. I used 12 gallons of paint, applied 2 heavy coats of Glidden Eggshell Black. (cheap and effective. Also easy to wipe clean verse a chalky flat, and none of that shine that satin or semi-gloss/gloss has. I wanted it easy to clean from dust and cobweb buildup over time)
I had little care or expectations of how it would look in the end, I was just looking for something that wouldn't lower the ceiling or make any future repairs more costly & requiring finish work. Now, if I ever need to do a plumbing repair(kitchen above), when done I just break out the primer and paint those items to match with a small hand roller/brush.:thumbup:
When people see the room for the first time, the response usually goes like this, "Wow, I like the stone, but I LOVE THE CEILINGS, how'd you do it". Gets me every time, the one thing I gave the least attention to, the least cost of, and the least time invested in, is what grabs peoples attention the most.
Regardless, in the end my happiness is all I was concerned about, and I couldn't be any happier unless I had another 1,500sqf, a restored Centennial or a restored Gold Crown I/II, or a new Diamond Blue label & a full bar. Maybe if we upgrade homes in the future, I will certainly take these points into consideration for a future big boy toy room.
The main motivation for this room was for my 9yr old son so we could have some priceless father/son time, he is slowly catching the "Pool Bug", as he gets a little older/taller I'm sure it will catch on even more. The times we've already had are worth every penny I spent and we have already created some priceless moments and I'm certain many more to come.
As for the cost. This was a design on a dime project, with me doing every bit of the labor. I had a 5k budget including the table, yea I blew past that budget but not by very much.
Future plans include a small bar housing the fridge and a place to hide the computer equipment & other electronics out of site, such as theater sound receiver/cable box and so on. I want to have cable management under control and out of site as much as possible. All I want sitting on the bar top is my 3 computer monitors, wireless keyboard and mouse with everything else hidden out of site.
Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

Dopc.

EDIT: I later realized I failed to answer the last part of your question regarding safety & being careful. I used all latex primer & paint so no fire hazard there (gas furnace & water heater down here). But, I did foul out the thermocouple (keeps the pilot light flame lit) on the furnace from over-spray mist during priming. It's an easy $7 fix, but I didn't realize it until after the hardware stores closed. I had to manually light the pilot light several times to get heat in the house until the hardware store opened and I could get a replacement.

Last edited:

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KvqO1GB.jpg

Turned out beautiful. Love the stone work!

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
My Room

Here is my humble room. When we moved in to our new house we knew the basement was going to need a total overhaul. It was "finished" (poorly), previous homeowner wasn't what you would call handy. Myself and a couple of friends gutted the basement. Stripped it down to the poured foundation walls.

In order to put in a table I needed to remove the lolly columns and add a new steel bearing beam. In order to do that we needed new footings for supports for the new I-beam, removing much of the ducting for the furnace to get the I-beam in... ect.

After the I-beam was installed we moved the bathroom out from the middle of the room, reframed all the walls, boxed in the new beam and duct work, new acustical ceiling, recessed lights, all new wiring.
I still had enough room to add my rod building workshop, computer station, 55" flat screen and a couch.

The 9' Balck Gandy with new Simonis 860HR tops off the room.
I am sure I missed some stuff that we did but that is the general idea of it.
I couldn't have finished this project without the help of some great friends, the amount of time, labor and support (plus the loan of the pool table) they gave was humbling. If they read this we thank them from the bottom of our heart.

Thanks for looking.
Stan

Table-rack wall sm.jpg

Table-work benches sm.jpg

Finished Basement7 sm.jpg

Chairs pcitures sm.jpg

CueRack1 sm.jpg

Last edited: