Sold this cue 10 years ago, bought it back yesterday: CM98 Sneaky Pete

wilkamania

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back story, I got into pool around winter 2010, and I bought this from Duc Lam in Feb 2011 (@Cuemaster98 ). It was one of his Falcon Blank conversions with his Ferruless Shafts. It was my 3rd cue and I really liked it, but sadly I hit some really bad financial woes and had to sell it. I ended up selling it to a friend of my APA teammate around 2012 so i could have some money to get groceries.

Over the years I've had many cues, but I always thought of this one. I would message the new owner a couple of times, and he loved the cue and wouldn't sell it back.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago, I messaged the owner on a whim and asked if he wanted to sell it. He said he'd consider it for the right offer, we found a match, and I was reunited with my first full splice. As you can see it has some battle scars from 10 years of APA, but everything is still straight and solid. He even retained the ferruless shaft, which was surprising given the fact he wanted to add a ferrule right after he bought it.

I was debating on getting it refinished, but now I just want to enjoy this again haha. I put on a WB Brown tip and put a Mezz IG Tip plate between the shaft and tip. I'm going to take it out for a swing tomorrow.

This is probably the only one of my cues that I've ever sold locally, so it was nice to get it back.

Attachments

• IMG_2893.jpg
    IMG_2893.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2890.jpg
    IMG_2890.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2892.jpg
    IMG_2892.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Very nice ! I have a cue made from the same blank, finished extremely well by Canadian Cue. I love the look of those old Predator-by-Falcon full splices.

Dave

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty amazing you were able to get one back. I have sold hundreds of cues, but seldom ever see them again.

Ken

wilkamania

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty amazing you were able to get one back. I have sold hundreds of cues, but seldom ever see them again.

Ken
Thanks! It's literally the only cue I ever got back. Even then the previous owner texted me saying he already missed the cue. We did agree that he gets first dibs if I ever sell it, and at the price he paid me. He's a good guy so i didn't mind.... unfortunately I don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

Reactions: bbb