Spiderman cue case

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spins a web any size... catches thieves just like flies!

Thanks for the very kind words guys. I know it's a bit different from a 'traditional' type of case so the feedback is very much appreciated! I'll definitely be posting up some progress pictures. And a few other cases I have in the works.

I feel very privileged to be a member of AZB where we literally have the best of the best in the world to be inspired by daily. Thank you for that too. :)

Last edited:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Since I can't draw a circle around a quarter I really admire folks that can draw. Nice work!! :groucho:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rex was cool enough to show this to me in person! he showed it to me right before he kicked my a## (on the pool table that is).i can't wait to see how cool it looks when it's finished. i even talked to rex about some sort of web designed for the shoulder strap. how cool would that look?

i'm a huge spider man fan (childhood comic nerd!) the image of the scarlet spider is the nuts! it was always one of my favorite spiderman costume variations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Spider

Last edited:

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
When I have read "Spiderman case" I thought it's going to be some decal piece of junk done on vinyl found in a pawn shop... okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but you need to know that I had absolutely NO idea about what I was going to see...

...You are awesome. Actually, I never would have imagined that such a theme would look good on a case, I have been a lot more into classical stuff - but now I realize pretty much anything can look staggering, it's just up to the maker.

The last picture with the chimney and the buildings in the background looks 3D to me, it is fantastic.

One last thought: the idea of the overall background behind the pictures and the making it coloured is good just please don't overdo it!

MRWOODSY7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rex, I think you may have found a niche here. The idea of a non-traditional
case seems to be an excellent idea. The work you have shown is amazing.
Looking forward to seeing the finished product,and hopefully a few more like it.

ever thought about maybe a hustler movie themed case? :grin-square:

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Got to love it Rex. Awesome work! Can't wait to see it done my friend. I will try to meet you sometime this week! Text you later!

Last edited:

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
nice piece of masterpiece....Spiderman cue case..i think superman is not already impossible...:grin-square:

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
i would guess that there are copyright issues with using spiderman???

That is an explainable assumption but wrong, in my opinion. I am not a jurist but I believe that such issues would appear only in case of mass production. Think of it this way, does any of the tattoo shops pay anything for tattooing the Batman logo or any other logo for that matter? No.

The other thing is that for such companies like Marvel for example it would cost a huge lot more to track these unique situations down than what they could profit from this act.

And one more thing, these things like Spiderman, Ferrari or any other large group, company, logo or icon that are known and famed all around the world do have their own interest in having their logos and other items put on stickers, tattoos or even cue cases.
So far 594 people have seen this on this forum with the maker giving a hand for Marvel in making the Spiderman saga contemporary and not letting it slip under the surface and people forgetting it. And how much did this cost for Marvel? Not a cent.

These are my thoughts only and perhaps I made it up all mistakenly but still, I think I'm right (until proven wrong) and believe that the maker did nothing illegal or wrong.

Last edited:

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Background

With the background...

background.jpg

Snookered007

Ticky Tricky
Silver Member
I usually don't post twice in the same thread but. Daaaang this definitely warrants it. The work just keeps looking better and better!!

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Rex,
Sick tooling. Love the theme.
Also, really like the web you're doing. I am curious to see how is it going to come out when connected to the other panels of the case.
Have to be honest with you... I wouldn't care if you would not color the case. Looks sick already the way it is.

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
Pictures update...

Hey Marcus,

Here are some pictures that me and Rex took yesterday. These pictures show most of the tooling. Pictures don't do any JUSTICE. This panel is already into 50 hours of work.

SpidermanCasebyREX005.jpg

SpidermanCasebyREX006.jpg

SpidermanCasebyREX011.jpg

SpidermanCasebyREX003.jpg

SpidermanCasebyREX002.jpg

SpidermanCasebyREX020.jpg

SpidermanCasebyREX007.jpg