Spiderman cue case

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
That is an explainable assumption but wrong, in my opinion. I am not a jurist but I believe that such issues would appear only in case of mass production. Think of it this way, does any of the tattoo shops pay anything for tattooing the Batman logo or any other logo for that matter? No.

The other thing is that for such companies like Marvel for example it would cost a huge lot more to track these unique situations down than what they could profit from this act.

And one more thing, these things like Spiderman, Ferrari or any other large group, company, logo or icon that are known and famed all around the world do have their own interest in having their logos and other items put on stickers, tattoos or even cue cases.
So far 594 people have seen this on this forum with the maker giving a hand for Marvel in making the Spiderman saga contemporary and not letting it slip under the surface and people forgetting it. And how much did this cost for Marvel? Not a cent.

These are my thoughts only and perhaps I made it up all mistakenly but still, I think I'm right (until proven wrong) and believe that the maker did nothing illegal or wrong.

I'd guess your wrong, and wouldn't be adding spiderman in the title of posts that pop up easily on google and in other searchable media. I'm sure in this case nothing will happen, but if it was sold on a retail site I'm sure there would be a nice cease and desist letter showing up.

Really stunning work, may be the best idea for a case in a very long time.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rex...your work is amazing!! I really like the added touch of the web background behind the panels...nice touch. Who knew you were such a crafty dude! :)

Lisa

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
woop

Thanks again. You guys have been incredibly supportive and enthusiastic. It's one of the things I love most about this site. Great information, great advice, some of the best cue makers/case makers and pool enthusiasts anywhere! We really are kind of spoiled here. :):)

I'm very new to leather crafting so I've still got a long way to go. And A LOT to learn. I sure have gained tons of respect for the case makers on here that make it look so easy. I do have an art background and I've even done comic book coloring before. I really wanted to try doing something 'non-traditional' so the Spidey case seemed like an easy transition. And I'm a huge fan of the comic book art world so that helps a lot. But I definitely don't want to make it my niche thing.

Anyway, I've got some other cases in the works so I'll post up pics when they get a little further along.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback!

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Thanks again. You guys have been incredibly supportive and enthusiastic. It's one of the things I love most about this site. Great information, great advice, some of the best cue makers/case makers and pool enthusiasts anywhere! We really are kind of spoiled here. :):)

I'm very new to leather crafting so I've still got a long way to go. And A LOT to learn. I sure have gained tons of respect for the case makers on here that make it look so easy. I do have an art background and I've even done comic book coloring before. I really wanted to try doing something 'non-traditional' so the Spidey case seemed like an easy transition. And I'm a huge fan of the comic book art world so that helps a lot. But I definitely don't want to make it my niche thing.

Anyway, I've got some other cases in the works so I'll post up pics when they get a little further along.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback!

I'm sorry to bear such a new but I've been told by The Man to confiscate the case!!!

Hidy Ho <-- being pressured by The Man

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
SpiderMan

I had to bump this thread because I saw the front panel for this case in person last night under good light.

This friggin thing is awesome!! The main background is all black and the colors now just jump out at you. Also, the 3 dimensional properties of the carving make this some of the most impressive leatherwork you will ever see.

Kudos to Rex and the lucky customer who ends up with this case, simply beautiful!

-dj

GoTulane

Shizzle-rific
Been told I am "THE MAN"!!!

I'm sorry to bear such a new but I've been told by The Man to confiscate the case!!!

Hidy Ho <-- being pressured by The Man

So just ship it to me, and I will drop any charges:p

That looks awesome.
Now all it needs is a musical device that when pressed plays the Spiderman theme song.

Can't wait to see the finished pics of this case, and some of the others you are working on!!!

How are you at Fleur De Lis designs in Saints Black & Gold? - Mine would need to play when the saints go marching in!!!

Michael

Last edited:

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
Rep rep

i was a "huge" Marvel fan growing up so i truly can appreciate your skillful
renditions as well as the craftsmanship it must have required to create
these images in leatherwork.

Amazing... Spectacular... :thumbup:

All courtesy of your friendly-neighborhood Cyrex!

kind regards, -marlo

P.S.-
  • when you're ready to start taking order requests (and when i can afford such awesome work)
    i would love to have you make a case with a Silver Surfer theme/motif

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spidey case

Thanks DJ and everyone for the very kind words.
Been working on a few other projects (hope to have pics posted of them soon) so the Spidey progress has been limited. I did get the bottom panel picture done though. :wink: Once the dying is all done it should go together fairly quickly from there.

midnightpanel.jpg

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
Pardon my french but that is f'n cool. Even if it wasn't a cue case-to-be, its still f'n cool. This is coming from a Batman fan.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Thanks DJ and everyone for the very kind words.
Been working on a few other projects (hope to have pics posted of them soon) so the Spidey progress has been limited. I did get the bottom panel picture done though. :wink: Once the dying is all done it should go together fairly quickly from there.

midnightpanel.jpg

This case is really a piece of work... great job...

JV

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I'd guess your wrong, and wouldn't be adding spiderman in the title of posts that pop up easily on google and in other searchable media. I'm sure in this case nothing will happen, but if it was sold on a retail site I'm sure there would be a nice cease and desist letter showing up.

Really stunning work, may be the best idea for a case in a very long time.

Under Fair Use one may redraw or copy any work for their own personal purposes. You can take a piece of clay and copy any sculpture, you can take your markers and redraw any comic for your own use.

What you may not do is sell the resulting work without express written permission from the copyright holders.

It is highly doubtful that Marvel would even care about one-off projects like this. What they don't want to see is a line of Rex Goulet Leather Cases bearing the Spiderman images for sale without the proper licensing.

Anyway, sweet work as always.

Qjunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rex-

When Rusty gives you props- that says a lot! Awesome work man. You must have guys beating down your door with ideas for a next case. Keep up the great work.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Rex-

When Rusty gives you props- that says a lot! Awesome work man. You must have guys beating down your door with ideas for a next case. Keep up the great work.

I want the Hulk on mines

Attachments

• Hulkoriginmarkersmall.jpg
    Hulkoriginmarkersmall.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 298

JamesV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How are you at Fleur De Lis designs in Saints Black & Gold? - Mine would need to play when the saints go marching in!!!

Michael

That would be so cool, like every time you unzip a pocket it starts to play...

James