Spots on Arimath Tournament Balls

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Dang, too soon, I was hoping someone would take by bet on this first, I could use the extra $ for tournament entries.

I admire your confidence. I will send my PayPal info, regardless.

I put an old set of pockets in the Gold Crown (practice table) that I currently have set up at my house. I quickly wiped the pockets down, but didn't put a lot of effort into scrubbing them. After about 20 minutes, the balls looked about exactly like the ones shown.

In my case, I can most definitely assure you that it has absolutely nothing to do with any sort of polishing compound. I would bet the the same for the OP.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have a Gold Crown I with Simonis and Centennials, they were both brand new 4 years ago, my Centennials have been getting those same marks since new. I also have Aramith Tournament Pros (3 years old), that is the Duramith set and Cyclops (2 years old), Those ball sets do not mark up. I also have a Diamond polisher and I only use Aramith ball cleaner. When I use the ball cleaner I usually put a single drop on every other ball, sometimes I use no Aramith cleaner because I am sure there is cleaner residue left behind in the polisher. I would be happy to find out why only the Centennials get these marks. I rotate thru all 3 of my ball sets so none of the sets gets overly used. I dont clean my pockets every time I clean the table but I would bet I clean my pockets at least a couple times a year. Sometimes with rubbing alcohol, sometimes I just wipe them with the towel that I use for cleaning the rails, rail blinds, and light with that I use Pledge furniture polish on.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I admire your confidence. I will send my PayPal info, regardless.

I put an old set of pockets in the Gold Crown (practice table) that I currently have set up at my house. I quickly wiped the pockets down, but didn't put a lot of effort into scrubbing them. After about 20 minutes, the balls looked about exactly like the ones shown.

In my case, I can most definitely assure you that it has absolutely nothing to do with any sort of polishing compound. I would bet the the same for the OP.

We will see if/when Charlie does a test without pocketing anything. Can you put a pic up of your results?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, the back of the pockets when the OB first hits it, and/or the bottom of the pocket buckets when the balls hit them is likely what is causing these spots on the OB's.

Not even close - those are impact marks from the cue ball, boys.

My question: which cue ball are you using? The original Aramith Tournament Ball - or something else. That’s the first question.

Second question: what polish/cleaner/technique are you using to keep the ball set maintained? “Official” Aramith Ball Cleaner or something else??

Last question - are they Authentic Aramith Tournaments - because I have seen counterfeits.

Let’s start there - and a friendly wager says we can fix the mystery pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To answer some questions, when I had the Centennials first, they did the same thing only worse. That's why I purchased the Aramith Tournament set. They obviously do it as well, just not as bad as the Centennials. I use a Aramith red circle cue ball. I had to work yesterday and today. I will clean them off again tomorrow and then shoot them around without pocketing anything. Thank you for all of your input. I just want the balls to stay clear as I play. I'm semi ocd and it drives me crazy.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look, man... Haven't you made enough trouble already?
To answer some questions, when I had the Centennials first, they did the same thing only worse. That's why I purchased the Aramith Tournament set. They obviously do it as well, just not as bad as the Centennials. I use a Aramith red circle cue ball. I had to work yesterday and today. I will clean them off again tomorrow and then shoot them around without pocketing anything. Thank you for all of your input. I just want the balls to stay clear as I play. I'm semi ocd and it drives me crazy.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not even close - those are impact marks from the cue ball, boys.

My question: which cue ball are you using? The original Aramith Tournament Ball - or something else. That’s the first question.

Second question: what polish/cleaner/technique are you using to keep the ball set maintained? “Official” Aramith Ball Cleaner or something else??

Last question - are they Authentic Aramith Tournaments - because I have seen counterfeits.

Let’s start there - and a friendly wager says we can fix the mystery pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red circle cue ball. Also happens with the measle ball.

I polish them by hand with Arimath Polish. But have also had them polished in a ball cleaner.

I purchased them brand new from a reputable company. But my Centennials did the same thing.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red circle cue ball. Also happens with the measle ball.

I polish them by hand with Arimath Polish. But have also had them polished in a ball cleaner.

I purchased them brand new from a reputable company. But my Centennials did the same thing.

And I have cyclop and aramith that get the same. That is all the balls worth ballin about with.

I think that allows focus on table as culprit, right?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the 9 goes on the snap in that first picture.

Wax on=Wax off

There is a dozen on my cousin,I can hear em buzzin....

rtrdriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a new set of TV pro Aramith and they don't slide and shouldn't slide as long as they are clean or polished. I have brand new Simonis that I've been told takes some time to break in bUT never heard of Aramith balls or any other balls for that matter need breaking in.

Usually you only get skid from dirty balls or cloth or both.

I haven't experienced any skid on my table but I keep the balls clean and the cloth too. It also helps to wipe the cue ball off between games or at least when you start to see chalk marks on it.

Last edited:

rtrdriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if they make a pocket liner to put over the hard plastic? Something like the newer Diamonds have. The inside of the pocket looks completely soft and padded. (Not to mention it would quiet the table down when I want to play late

Maybe buy a Diamond table next time. My pro am has leather pocket liners. Oh and I have the ball return, NOT the drop pockets. They don't leave any marks on my new Aranith TV pros.

Last edited:

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if they make a pocket liner to put over the hard plastic? Something like the newer Diamonds have. The inside of the pocket looks completely soft and padded. (Not to mention it would quiet the table down when I want to play late

Maybe buy a Diamond table next time. My pro am has leather pocket liners. They don't leave any marks on my new Aranith TV pros.

You got the 7 on your Diamond table...

From Black-Balled!

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have also Aramith Super Pro set with Duramith (1 month old) and I have the same marks on balls. In 1 month I didn't use any polish on balls, I just wash them one time using water and soap. My table is a Sam K-Steel.

My thoughts are that marks comes from pockets.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have also Aramith Super Pro set with Duramith (1 month old) and I have the same marks on balls. In 1 month I didn't use any polish on balls, I just wash them one time using water and soap. My table is a Sam K-Steel.

My thoughts are that marks comes from pockets.
Are your spots exactly round in sizes roughly 3-8mm?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put me down for ball to ball collisions.

Put me down also for more mental masterbation only like every other thread here, as it’s been 3 days and no one has simply shot without pocketing the balls yet;)

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put me down for ball to ball collisions.

Put me down also for more mental masterbation only like every other thread here, as it’s been 3 days and no one has simply shot without pocketing the balls yet;)

It is masturbation . How is your head now?