TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin you might want to post a download of that .pdf file of the poster here that you posted on facebook.

That way some of these guys who are truly serious about getting the game to a professional level can save the file and put up the posters in their home pool rooms.

kk :thumbup:

gromulan

Reality police
Silver Member
Table is a Diamond 9 foot Pro am with Tournament Blue Simonis. Balls are Aramith Super Pro TV Balls. Our table now has 4 1/2 " pockets on it but we are putting another set of Diamond rails on it for this match. The new rails will give us pockets that are 4 1/8" so they will be a little tighter than last time.

There are nine Diamond fluorescent lighting fixtures suspended about 12" down from the 10 foot high ceiling. The lights are lightweight CSI lights that are used at the Nationals in Vegas. There will be a fixed high camera angle on a 8 foot jib and two cameras on tripods and dollys that will have operators moving them around to capture the best angles.

There will be two shotgun mics to pick up ambient sounds and there will be background music. Players will rack their own using a Magic Rack.

The setup sounds awesome, I only wish there was more room for spectators. Having a crowd totally heightens the tension of the match imo.

Obviously logistically difficult but I hope one day you can do it.

peteWazzup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a feeling that the answer is no but in case something has changed with the way Justin broadcasts. Can you watch on an iPad?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Pool tables get setup everyday, all over the world, without you even knowing about it. Crazy huh?

Funny that I should know a little something about that...and the fact that you can't get a 9ft ProAm from Diamond directly with 4 1/8" corner pockets...and I should also know a little about the kind of table work one can expect from local table mechanic's in...and around Vegas;)...and the work I've already done on a few tables in that area...including changing the corner pockets on Artie Bodenorfter's 9ft ProAm to 4" pockets, which by the way...are tighter than Fatboy's 9ft ProAm. Tight pockets are not just about being smaller...it's ALSO about how they play...and I KNOW how to make them play right;)...do you?

Glen

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Funny that I should know a little something about that...and the fact that you can't get a 9ft ProAm from Diamond directly with 4 1/8" corner pockets...and I should also know a little about the kind of table work one can expect from local table mechanic's in...and around Vegas;)...and the work I've already done on a few tables in that area...including changing the corner pockets on Artie Bodenorfter's 9ft ProAm to 4" pockets, which by the way...are tighter than Fatboy's 9ft ProAm. Tight pockets are not just about being smaller...it's ALSO about how they play...and I KNOW how to make them play right;)...do you?

Glen

Oh word. Do you still use tools to setup a table or have you figured out a way to do it on ego alone?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
There's only one set of Diamond Pro Am rails in Nevada with 4 1/8" corner pockets that I know of, which have also been modified to play like the new Diamonds....and they're on Fatboy's ProAm....so...where are you getting the 4 1/8" rails you're talking about?;) there won't be any complaints if these are the rails being used...none at all;)

Glen

Soon as you explain to me what business it is of yours where I am getting the rails I will tell you all about it. Till then you do you and let me worry about my business.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Soon as you explain to me what business it is of yours where I am getting the rails I will tell you all about it. Till then you do you and let me worry about my business.

I'd just hate to see a repeat of another "Shane vs Earl" on another f*@ked up playing table so the VIEWERS can PAY to watch a circus act...that's all:cool:....carry on JCIN:cool:

Glen

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Tools and skills...like I always have....because I can back it up...what can YOU do?:cool:

What can I do? If you own a tv, you have already seen what I can do. I'm a skilled professional and a lot of people on here know what I can do... but I don't have to puff my chest out and flaunt an ego like you.

As far as what YOU do, there are more tables setup without you than by you and a lot of tables play great. A lot of people can put cloth on a table. Congrats.

GMAC

Flip it.
Silver Member
No, its not. Just Glen letting everyone know how great he is again.

Wow, I guess the little one had you up all night. Seriously, I hope she is feeling better.

I thought you would be use to people telling you how great they are by now. After all you do hang out in ABC, land of the bloated ego.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What can I do? If you own a tv, you have already seen what I can do. I'm a skilled professional and a lot of people on here know what I can do... but I don't have to puff my chest out and flaunt an ego like you.

As far as what YOU do, there are more tables setup without you than by you and a lot of tables play great. A lot of people can put cloth on a table. Congrats.

hmmm..."putting cloth on a pool table"....is the LAST thing I do when I'm working on someone's table....you're not still upset are you that you DIDN"T have enough money to pay me to come up to your house and work on your table...are you?...Judging by your comments you've made...is it still a wonder why I decided to pass on your pool table and let someone else do the work?...Professional "Cry baby" is more like it...and I'll pass up doing any work for anyone like you....no matter how much money is on the table. I don't work for ass*&$es like you for NO amount of money!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
hmmm..."putting cloth on a pool table"....is the LAST thing I do when I'm working on someone's table....you're not still upset are you that you DIDN"T have enough money to pay me to come up to your house and work on your table...are you?...Judging by your comments you've made...is it still a wonder why I decided to pass on your pool table and let someone else do the work?...Professional "Cry baby" is more like it...and I'll pass up doing any work for anyone like you....no matter how much money is on the table. I don't work for ass*&$es like you for NO amount of money!

Do me a favor and take this bullshit out of my thread.

I have waited for three years to make this match happen. A lot of people want to see it and no one cares who put the table together,set up the cameras or built the lights. They care about the match.

Go make your own thread about how awesome you are and leave this one alone.

Edit to add: Just want to say one thing about Cleary. I've seen him pay bar tabs bigger than what you charge to do a table so I doubt he backed out of any deals with you. You are talking about the wrong guy.

Last edited:

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member

I have waited for three years to make this match happen. A lot of people want to see it and no one cares who put the table together,set up the cameras or built the lights. They care about the match.

Edit to add: Just want to say one thing about Cleary. I've seen him pay bar tabs bigger than what you charge to do a table so I doubt he backed out of any deals with you. You are talking about the wrong guy.

I agree! I'm really looking forward to this match. Thanks Justin!

Sherm

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
you're not still upset are you that you DIDN"T have enough money to pay me to come up to your house and work on your table...are you?...Judging by your comments you've made...is it still a wonder why I decided to pass on your pool table and let someone else do the work?...Professional "Cry baby" is more like it...and I'll pass up doing any work for anyone like you....no matter how much money is on the table. I don't work for ass*&$es like you for NO amount of money!

What on earth are you talking about? You're delusional... I have no idea what you charge but you couldn't pay me to be near you. But if you think I cannot afford you, you're crazy. You're like the Jason Hunt of putting cloth on tables.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Sorry for going off in you're thread. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
You know that table you have in your apt, you have pics of it on your facebook. Lil Brooklyn is playin on it, those rails look dead as F$#*. I believe it when cobra commander sais he refused to work on that junk table.