TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Edit to add: Just want to say one thing about Cleary. I've seen him pay bar tabs bigger than what you charge to do a table so I doubt he backed out of any deals with you. You are talking about the wrong guy.

I agree - who cares who put the table together. I just want to go out drinking with Cleary.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny that I should know a little something about that...and the fact that you can't get a 9ft ProAm from Diamond directly with 4 1/8" corner pockets...and I should also know a little about the kind of table work one can expect from local table mechanic's in...and around Vegas;)...and the work I've already done on a few tables in that area...including changing the corner pockets on Artie Bodenorfter's 9ft ProAm to 4" pockets, which by the way...are tighter than Fatboy's 9ft ProAm. Tight pockets are not just about being smaller...it's ALSO about how they play...and I KNOW how to make them play right;)...do you?

Glen

Glen, what kind of "work" can one expect from the local talbe mechanics in Vegas??

Same kind of work that I got locally by one of your guys here in Los Angeles??

Please let me know, I am dying to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Glen, what kind of "work" can one expect from the local talbe mechanics in Vegas??

Same kind of work that I got locally by one of your guys here in Los Angeles??

Please let me know, I am dying to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they guys who did that table when i played on it
did a great job.
table played great.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Thanks Justin.

Pretty straightforward answer. I can't rack more than a few times of anything before I have to ask the other person to rack, the back pain is awful.

Just ran into someone else who has the same issues.

Mainly its a convenience thing. Race to 100 is a lot of pool and the Magic Rack takes all the trouble out of racking. Both guys like it and it's better for the people watching. Its no fun for spectators to see guys fussing with the rack for 10 minutes between games and no fun for the player to have to bend over fooling with the rack for a long session. Magic Rack gets rid of all that.

monxing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin, are there still dvd copies of the May 2008 TAR match between Alex and Shane? Just went to your TAR website and it doesn't look like its available anymore.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
As mentioned earlier in the thread I have a big PDF file of the poster available for download to anyone who wants it. Here is the link:

http://theactionreport.com/graphics/tar21_flyer_16x20_print.pdf

The file is 16x20 at 300dpi so its a big file. Its big enough that you can scale it up or down to any size within reason and it will look OK. Anyone is free to use the file as is without modifying it. That is, no slapping your own logo on as a sponsor or putting your buddys name and face on top of Alex's. :D

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people want to see it and no one cares who put the table together,set up the cameras or built the lights. They care about the match.
sorry if I disagree but shane vs earl was totally ruined by the ****ed up table. That would be one of the greatest match ever but was totally ruined by the table. If you want a great match you need a fair table.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry if I disagree but shane vs earl was totally ruined by the ****ed up table. That would be one of the greatest match ever but was totally ruined by the table. If you want a great match you need a fair table.

That table was a little gaffy, but if I recall, both guys had to play on the same table. I saw Earl running out from everywhere on the same table that Shane came up short on. Earl shot better for those three days and the pockets didn't get any looser when it was his inning.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Two things I know.

1. Everyone has an opinion.

2. It is impossible to please everybody.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I heard Shane is having a portable MRI done of the table before he signs off on it :D. Can't wait for the match. Johnnyt

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have helped me out in the past so if you want to call me I'll tell you all about it. Glenn can go piss up a rope. I don't discuss who I do business with or how in public.

i understand, :smile:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Justin.

Pretty straightforward answer. I can't rack more than a few times of anything before I have to ask the other person to rack, the back pain is awful.

Just ran into someone else who has the same issues.

the back pain is better