The Best Ever List of Pool Nicknames

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Rod,

You may know of this guy. He was a good natured kid (shortstop)when I last saw him in '98. Liked to bet it up too. Don't even know his real name, but everyone around Shreveport called him "Shipwreck". I was told he got that handle because he was very accident prone, and his next disaster always seemed right around the corner.

Dick

Dick,
the redheaded poolplayer called "Shipwreck" used to play in mine and Calvin's tournament in Texarkana often, his name is John Shipley, he plays a good game of pool.

David Harcrow

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
South Dakota Kid

Sky Rocket Dave
Go Off John
The Plummer (sweeeet pluummm)
The Midge, Wayno The Wino (brothers)

and my favorite

Tommy Too Good

John Brumback

Silver Member
Fat Randy- Randy Wallace, Tulsa,Okla.

Fat Paul- short fat guy that played good pool from California, seen him everywhere, R.I.P.

Fat Ralph- Ralph Cortez, Fort Worth,TX.

Lizard- Steve Smith, Dallas,TX.

Little Al- Al Mason, Dallas,TX.

Little Hand- ?, Houston,TX.

Little Johnny- Johnny Morrel ?. Dallas,TX., Carolina's

9-Ball Paul- Paul Dodge, Little Rock,Ar., Memphis,TN.

Spanky-?, Arkansas

Country Calvin- Calvin Harcrow, Texarkana,Arkansas

Catman- David Harcrow, Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Little Wayne- ?, Shreveport,LA.

Snag- ?, Shreveport,LA.

Topsy- C.J. Marla, Shreveport,LA., R.I.P.

Good Time- Charlie Owens, Monroe,LA.

Rooster- Robbie ?, Vivian,LA.

Porky- Norman Wines, Battle Creek, Michigan

David Harcrow

Was It Little Johnny "Morrow" not Morrel? You might be right,but maybe not.wink.John B.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greatest ever has to be Ayatola of one hola

Some from the dfw
Black Phil
Fat Ralph
Dumbkirk
Shaky
Bald headed *****
Ears
Two Dollar Ted
Famous Amos
Taxi Joe
Mad Jack
Crazy Jack
Jersey Jack
Sidewinder
Tall Paul
Rueben the Cuban
Bird
Snakeman
Wichita Dan
Shoes
The Dog Man
The Plumber
Chopper Dan
Ragin Cajun
Sarge
Stump

fd_colorado

Go Pack Go!!!
Silver Member
Dang you guys are quick!

Now at 291.

Please put each name on new line (just like alphadog's post above). It makes it a lot easier to edit.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene "The Machine" Cooper

"Pistol Pete" Horne

Fountain Inn Red

New York Blackie

Cornbread Red ( I didn't see it on the list)

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you were around the Palace in Bellflower, CA during the 70s/80s you might have run into the Hippee, Popcorn, or Buttermilk. There were a lot more but its hard enough for me to remember what I did yesterday.

Last edited:

9BallPaul

Banned
Best nickname I remember was an old Denver player from the '6os. Name was Tony Ricotta. Naturally, he became "Tony Cheese." Tony was the slowest player in the world. Even the mild-mannered Andy Hudson would roll his eyes while TC eyeballed a shot.

His son TJ was a good shooter himself. Ran into him recently at a benefit for a sick player.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just checked out the list. Please change Neptune to Neptune Joe Frady. Unless there is a player just called Neptune.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Was It Little Johnny "Morrow" not Morrel? You might be right,but maybe not.wink.John B.

John, your Probably right about last name being Morrow, I haven't seen or heard anything about him in 20 yrs. , last I heard he was in Dallas,TX., he played pretty good at times.

David Harcrow

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How can "ATM Andy" not be on the list. That nickname was earned as Andrew used to play the best players when he first got to Denver and kept going across the street to the ATM. One of my favorite names.

Dave