The Best Ever List of Pool Nicknames

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no end to this list.
What about 'The Monk'? No not the teaching guy-the player- Warren Costanzo or Costanza. Was still hittin them very good last time i saw him and it was less than 3 years ago.

Last edited:

dfweyer

Play it safe...
Silver Member
I like the nicknames the include the city/state.... Nevada John or Nebraska Dan

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nostroke said:
There is no end to this list.
What about 'The Monk'? No not the teaching guy-the player- Warren Costanzo or Costanza. Was still hittin them very good last time i saw him and it was less than 3 years ago.
Warren "the Monk" Costanzo was at the Chuck Markulis Memorial tournament 5 weeks ago and he got into the money, playing pretty sporty.

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Some of our local hustlers nicknames are...
Peaches
Rooster
Cannon
Sparky
Stroker
Kid
Big Skin
Lil Skin
The Mantis
Pedro
Biggin
Tire Man
Hawk
Lil Tony
Bones

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
nicknames

Figgured I would toss in a few to this old post,... from an old fart! :D Some were locals from Omaha & Dallas, others were more widely traveled.
"Omaha John" John Shuput, "The Hippie" Jimmy Reid, "Cash" Cronnin, "Cocaine Jack" aka "Snaggletooth" Jack Carrrey, "Surfer Rod" Rod Curry, "Bish" Dave Bishop, "Stew" Stewart Bishop, "Buffalo" Stan Wilson, "Slick"-don't remember his real name worked for my fathers roofing co. always had 2 beautiful black women with him everywhere he went., "Bushwhacker" - don't know his real name either, The 1st. time I ever heard of Keith McCready he was introduced as "L.A. Keith", "The Girraffe" Dave Yeager, "The Disco Plowboy" Ritchie Seager, "Mexican Joe", "Tracy Joe", Johnny Walker "Red" - no b.s. , "Fat David' - money ball banger only played 6 ball & u had to spot him 1/2the rack but he had a wad of cash falling out of every pocket of his overhauls he was willing to go off!!! , Junior "Slipstroke". Last & most certainly least of this list is "Stroke" , "South Omaha Stroke", "Rooster" were all predecesors to the time worn monicker I posses today...... yours truly,.....
"Billy Bones" Have a great day folks ! :cool:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billy...Bushwacker was/is Gary Nolan. He's still around...I think he owns a poolroom in PA or OH. Mexican Joe could be Joe Salazar, or any of lots of others. You can't leave out Omaha Fats (Marty Kaimen)! Of course, he moved around a bit too! LOL

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Figgured I would toss in a few to this old post,... from an old fart! :D Some were locals from Omaha & Dallas, others were more widely traveled.
"Omaha John" John Shuput, "The Hippie" Jimmy Reid, "Cash" Cronnin, "Cocaine Jack" aka "Snaggletooth" Jack Carrrey, "Surfer Rod" Rod Curry, "Bish" Dave Bishop, "Stew" Stewart Bishop, "Buffalo" Stan Wilson, "Slick"-don't remember his real name worked for my fathers roofing co. always had 2 beautiful black women with him everywhere he went., "Bushwhacker" - don't know his real name either, The 1st. time I ever heard of Keith McCready he was introduced as "L.A. Keith", "The Girraffe" Dave Yeager, "The Disco Plowboy" Ritchie Seager, "Mexican Joe", "Tracy Joe", Johnny Walker "Red" - no b.s. , "Fat David' - money ball banger only played 6 ball & u had to spot him 1/2the rack but he had a wad of cash falling out of every pocket of his overhauls he was willing to go off!!! , Junior "Slipstroke". Last & most certainly least of this list is "Stroke" , "South Omaha Stroke", "Rooster" were all predecesors to the time worn monicker I posses today...... yours truly,.....
"Billy Bones" Have a great day folks ! :cool:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I'll add two to this revived list that have not been mentioned yet:

Daddy Warbucks

Hawaiin Brian

Best,
Brian kc

kybill9

Banned
Chicken
Construction Dave
Baby Frank
Filipino Gene
Filipino Keni
No Action Bob
One time in the Reno winter tournament, Filipino Gene played Chicken some one pocket and won. Then later on he played Kentucky some one pocket and won. For years he went around saying he fried Kentucky Chicken.:D:D

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bankenstein
Big Money
Johnny Jackets
Jimmy Donut
Tuesday Bob
Rob-O
Widebody
Rat
Corpse
Cathead

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Neptune" Joe Frady from where else but Neptune N.J.
Old timer Sam "One Poke" Fauver
Old timer Ernie Lager known as "The Ern"

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
had a old buck in my area that used to play in tournaments...

his name was Rudy... and every chance he had to hit the 9 ball,
he took it.. he used to send it around the table so many times i am suprised
he didnt make it more often then he did...

this he was dubbed with the name "Roaching Rudy".....

chris

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Fat Randy- Randy Wallace, Tulsa,Okla.

Fat Paul- short fat guy that played good pool from California, seen him everywhere, R.I.P.

Fat Ralph- Ralph Cortez, Fort Worth,TX.

Lizard- Steve Smith, Dallas,TX.

Little Al- Al Mason, Dallas,TX.

Little Hand- ?, Houston,TX.

Little Johnny- Johnny Morrel ?. Dallas,TX., Carolina's

9-Ball Paul- Paul Dodge, Little Rock,Ar., Memphis,TN.

Spanky-?, Arkansas

Country Calvin- Calvin Harcrow, Texarkana,Arkansas

Catman- David Harcrow, Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Little Wayne- ?, Shreveport,LA.

Snag- ?, Shreveport,LA.

Topsy- C.J. Marla, Shreveport,LA., R.I.P.

Good Time- Charlie Owens, Monroe,LA.

Rooster- Robbie ?, Vivian,LA.

Porky- Norman Wines, Battle Creek, Michigan

David Harcrow

Last edited: