The Reyes Cup

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Matchroom just announced the Reyes Cup is coming later this year. It will be similar to the Mosconi Cup with Team Europe now taking on Team Asia. Dates to be announced later. They are teaming up with Putch Puyat the long time sponsor of Efren and Francisco B. to produce this historic event. Sounds like a winner to me!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
17-20 October
Top 3 ranked +2 wildcards

Top 3 now are Yapp, Ko Pin Yi, Biado though that will change with major events in next 5 months
https://matchroompool.com/world-rankings/

If based on those who can perform well internationally especially in Matchroom events would be:
Biado
Ko Pin Yi
Ko Ping Chung
Anton Raga
Yapp

Orcollo- there will be mutiny if he is left out as wildcard pick even though he has not featured much in Matchroom events recently 😄
Johann Chua / Lee Van are possible picks
Of cos all depends on how they perform in coming months

Emily says Efren wants to play also so that means only left 4 spots for them to fight over 🤣

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
17-20 October

Top 3 now are Yapp, Ko Pin Yi, Biado though that will change with major events in next 5 months

If based on those who can perform well internationally especially in Matchroom events would be:
Biado
Ko Pin Yi
Ko Ping Chung
Anton Raga
Yapp

Orcollo- there will be mutiny if he is left out as wildcard pick even though he has not featured much in Matchroom events recently 😄

Emily says Efren wants to play also so that means only left 4 spots for them to fight over 🤣
I think the challenging team should also have one player past their youth still on board.
One Sr HOF from each team.

bm

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the way it will run yearly? I would like to see it place the winner of the previous year's MC against the Asians instead of the Euro's getting the automatic bid. (Although it could very well end up being that way regardless!) Or Maybe it's the spoils of having a British company controlling professional pool...

Badpenguin

Is this the way it will run yearly? I would like to see it place the winner of the previous year's MC against the Asians instead of the Euro's getting the automatic bid. (Although it could very well end up being that way regardless!) Or Maybe it's the spoils of having a British company controlling professional pool...
No details were given yet, but she did say it won't only be Europe vs Asia.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
17-20 October

Biado
Ko Pin Yi
Ko Ping Chung
Anton Raga
Yapp

and he probably meant it. can the others deny him? i mean biado, ko etc would probably fare better without him, but he's like a deity there.. i think he will be playing. maybe playing captain

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news.

I’m a bit torn if it should have been team phillipines vs either Europe or Asia. The odds of Filipino players getting in due to the rankings will be lower, simply because they don’t travel as much as the Taiwanese players.

Either way it will be a good addition to the calendar.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1714145457628.jpeg