The World was not enough,fasten your Seatbelt

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
WOW Ralf, beautiful pair!!! Now I know why my cue is taking so long. Enjoy those monsters!

Chuck

LOL, Chuck, you're killin' me! My brother Ralf can help you with your withdrawals, that cue will be ready before too long.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome pair, Ralf! The guys really pulled out all the stops on these bad boys, didn't they? There is so much tradition reflected in these two, it's just wonderful. They couldn't have come out better, I know you have to be awfully pleased. Congrats to you, & the crew at World Class Cues, for seeing this project thru to such success.

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a great pair Ralf. It's going to be hard to top that for your peacock collection. I am jealous:frown:

Glen

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
To Tommy Clements and Jess June,

Congratulations on making one outstanding set of cues! They are remarkable together. And if they hit the same way as the shaft I used from Don Coats, I would describe the playability of the cues as World Class!

Will

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
totally speechless.....
Just enjoying the pictures over and over again.
Congratulations-
...btw....what alarm-system you re using ? :p

wouldn t need a t.v. anymore with those 2 babies- just would place em on the table, a nice glass of Jack and watch em...and would be an almost perfect evening ^^

lg
Ingo

torqiet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow Ralf, really nice pair of cues! congrats on your acquisitions, well worth the wait!

need a peacock James White, i got it from Si ;):cool:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Wow, so many nice Commments:wub:
Glen you have the Peacock Szam that would fit perfect in my Collection.
Will, this and McDaniel's is the same in ALL ways.
I have it showed here my Buddys and take the Romeo out first with the Black Handle and all make oooh and aaahss, then take the loaded Juliet out of the Case and all crying and want have, you have to see it in Person with the high polished Silver,all Inlays are borded in Silver.Juliet has over 500 Inlays but I think not over loaded. Ebony and Amboyna/Ivory and Silver is hard to Beat.
I know Tommy Clements have Nightmares about me(Ralf oh my God:p:grin-square:) it was brutal for him to make all perfect in all ways for an old Man,thanks Tommy.
As you Guys know me when I order a Cue from CM or Casemaker they have to raised the Bar.
As for the old School Lovers here,wait when you see my Randy Mobley Cues they are coming in the next Months:nanner::love2::love:
Ralf

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Tommy Clements and Jess June,

Congratulations on making one outstanding set of cues! They are remarkable together. And if they hit the same way as the shaft I used from Don Coats, I would describe the playability of the cues as World Class!

Will

I agree, thats one hell of a pair of cues. I like the one with the black wrap just a little more than the real fancy one. One thing that needs to be credited here is to Gus and his influence from over 20 years ago, i'm sure he would be honored to see cues of this quality with some his design work and influence on them. As we all know they are not Szam knock-offs, not at all they have some of Gus's influence, and that makes them special, because there is alot of origonal work here too, its the best of both worlds.

also I think they should be in the case that JB made with all the flowers-"Garden of Eden" as I recall. I like matching cases to cues when I can, I think this would be a good match. The best that could be made by everyone involved.

I have noticed that in this last year there have been alot of big monster cues come along, for a while there things were going sideways, and now all of a sudden cues of tremendous complexity are popping up more and more often. We sure are lucky to be here to see them. I dont have to own a cue to enjoy it, If a good friend has it and I can see it when I want-i'm happy. I'm triple happy for Ralf in this case, as i'm a stone cold sucker for ambroya wood and peackocks. <-----perhaps there is a spelling error there ;) .

Ralf and I both recieved cues from the same shop today, at oppsite ends, mine is simple as it gets, but the quality is good as it gets. Make no mistake about it, I have seen alot of cues in the past 25 years and owned hundreds of them. I havent seen better work, I have see as good of work, I mean this is a positive way for all the top cue makers, not in a negitative way at all. There is only so much you can do with imperfect materials when trying to achieve perfection, wood moves, shit happens, etc.

I have see $100 Vikings that played lights out and Bushkas that probably shouldnt have not went out the door. Of course thats a exception circumstance, but I have seen it. Specifically with those 2 cues.

Thanks for the Jacket Ralf its perfect, And I need it too. It could have came before the Derby so I could wear it there, I will next year to all pool events I go to. I have to get "Fatboy" on it somewhere-then its worth 500 Euro more ;) .

PS: to Ralf, I go monday again for more work, I will have very good professional pictures taken that night from a friend. So I will send you a disc, or SD card so you can see big hi-resolution pictures, its 70% done and about 70hours in the chair, so 30-40 hours until its finished, maybe a little longer. Its comming along good. When its done I will make a post here, until then its a secret(unless you look around on AZ-what i'm reffereing to is there, somewhere :p)

Last edited:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Ralf, you gotta get those two out in the sun and take some better photos than those I took for you. Man, my photos suck. They don't show the silver veneered inlays in the railroad tracks between the Peacocks, or hardly anywhere else on the cue.

Lots of intricate silver work by Tommy Clements, and flawless finish work by Jess June, great examples of great cuemaking still alive in Jackson, TN

Here are a couple more pics of Ralf's cues:

030-1-1.jpg

042-2.jpg

Tommy,
please post a Pic from Jess and Tommy, many from us know the Big CM Faces. No have Sun yet:mad: only when I stay in my Shop.
Ralf

Last edited:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Ralf
Fantastic cues. I never get tired of looking at amboyna and ebony cues.

Congratulations on a pair of cues that are perfect for you. :smile: :smile:

JimmyK

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Ralf
Fantastic cues. I never get tired of looking at amboyna and ebony cues.

Congratulations on a pair of cues that are perfect for you. :smile: :smile:

JimmyK
Thanks Jimmy, me too and now waiting Sun for better Pics. When you hold this beauties in your Hands, you fall in love.
I see you have a Amboyna Gina coming:eek::grin-square:, I have 4 Amboyna Cues are incoming in the next Months:p:wink:
Hope we can ride the Bike in the next Weeks:joyful::love2:
Ralf

fourkingscues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure will Buddy,,,we haev to plan a get together in thailand ,,at brian,s place all the cue and pool guys,,

BR
Ken

P.S> you coming to SBE?

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
WC are Top Notch

I have it out for a test drive and I was very impressed with the playability,they play a little better as my McDaniels,maybe from the wrapless construction:grin-square:
I'm really happy with.
Ralf