Touching the ONE-BALL in a 9-Ball Rack Creates an ADVANTAGE - Is This "Cheating" ?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Neil, lets ease up on the vitriol a little there.

More bullshit from you, but I'm quite sure your fans won't bother to check to see how full of it you really are. I can easily back up what I said. You can't, so you make up crap to try and make yourself look better when you got busted again. Actually, I'm surprised you were dumb enough to make the statement you just did about checking posts, after I nailed you again on it yesterday. But, go ahead and try and make me look bad when it's not there. I will continue to point out your crap that the only answers you ever have is to try and make me look bad. Not once have you ever proven me wrong in what I have stated, only replied with insults. But, continue on, the mods have proved you are truly an untouchable on here, and free to spam, lie, and insult at hearts content, while providing very little actual content.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Does anyone here still have any doubts how Neil feels about CJ?

I think you have made your point.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone here still have any doubts how Neil feels about CJ?

I think you have made your point.

Mike, I don't like false statements made about me by anyone. Why are you admonishing me for standing up for my own honor when a person is flat out lying about me, and saying nothing to the person that has deliberately called me names that if anyone else had said them, they would be banned instantly?

He made a false statement that I took offense to because it painted thousands as cheaters when they aren't. He took it downhill with his "fans" from there. Maybe try looking at the real problem, and not the one defending himself and others.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay, Glad That's Resolved, Now Back to the Topic of Racking and Gapping

I highly recommend Joe Tucker's video on racking. Joe found out about the vulnerability of the 9 Ball rack back in the 90s and made the video in an attempt to educate and protect players from skulduggery. The 10-Ball rack is also easy to manipulate, just in a different way, especially using "racking templates".

What Joe discovered in his research is the ONE-BALL NOT being froze is actually an advantage (we've been led to believe that having the one-ball not frozen is bad, when it's actually good - IF you know how to use this info to determine where to break from).

However, you can use the one-ball to create intentional gaps.

When you see Joe's video he will mention "gaps" quite often, although he won't show you how to create them. Joe's an honorable guy and didn't want to show people how to create an advantage, instead he shows what to look for to protect yourself from intentional manipulation when your opponent's racking.

I won't "spill the beans," I'll just say there's something called the "Forward Press," and the "Back Press." - to "load" a 9-Ball rack you press the one back, to "load" the 10-Ball rack you press the middle, back two balls forward. This creates a chain reaction within the rack and manipulates the balls on the other end.

Either way, if you see someone fiddling with the one-ball they are up to no good (also goes for pressing the back two balls playing 10-Ball). Watch some players very closely at TURNING STONE and you'll see exactly what I'm referring to.

This is one reason I don't like competing at 9-Ball as it's played now, it's become a "racking war". When I was competing full time we had a "gentleman's agreement" not to check the referee's rack (Oh, yeah, I forgot there are no more referees, do you now wonder why?) ;) . I recommend Joe's DVD - LEARN this technique or face the consequences!!! click this picture for more info on racking secrets - before it costs you another match

Joe Tucker introduced the art of reading racks in 1999 with his highly recommended and out of print book “Racking Secrets”. Now Joe comes to you via DVD and clearly explains and then demonstrates how this powerful knowledge (is utilized).

He starts off with 9 Ball and shows you how we all had it backwards. He shows why and how the wing balls do and don’t go. Shows you how to adjust your cue ball speed and placement according to how the balls are racked. He shows you how to make more and give up less 9 Balls on the break!!!

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
There is a fine line between defending oneself and going overboard. You are going overboard.

Mike, I don't like false statements made about me by anyone. Why are you admonishing me for standing up for my own honor when a person is flat out lying about me, and saying nothing to the person that has deliberately called me names that if anyone else had said them, they would be banned instantly?

He made a false statement that I took offense to because it painted thousands as cheaters when they aren't. He took it downhill with his "fans" from there. Maybe try looking at the real problem, and not the one defending himself and others.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Neil, others have politely pointed out in this thread that you are crossing the line. You seem to be the only one who doesn't see it.

You can play the "I'm just defending myself" card all day. My "vacation" card trumps it though.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a fine line between defending oneself and going overboard. You are going overboard.

I'll quit after this post, but maybe you should try reading it again. He makes false statements which are flat out lies to make me look bad, and I am supposedly in the wrong for proving him wrong. He also calls me names that you have banned people for saying less, and recently, yet he is free to name call all he wants to with impunity. And you wonder why that other post about bannings went on so long. You stated that we are all equals on here, yet you show otherwise in your actions.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Please point out where he did this IN THIS THREAD.

I'll quit after this post, but maybe you should try reading it again. He makes false statements which are flat out lies to make me look bad, and I am supposedly in the wrong for proving him wrong. He also calls me names that you have banned people for saying less, and recently, yet he is free to name call all he wants to with impunity. And you wonder why that other post about bannings went on so long. You stated that we are all equals on here, yet you show otherwise in your actions.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
All i know is, i never saw anyone touch the 1ball until 5 or 6 years ago or so, EVER.
Then overnight, it struck like a virus for all players in a rack your own format, as if everyones vision suddenly went down the drain and the only way they can tell if the 1 is frozen or not, is if they touch it. (When really, they are moving other balls by touchng the 1)

PULEEEZ!

Total bunch of garbage.
Take away rack your own, so the 1ball touchers and rack tilters go by the wayside, throw up a slug for them, and let them figure out the gaps.

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
All i know is, i never saw anyone touch the 1ball until 5 or 6 years ago or so, EVER.
Then overnight, it struck like a virus for all players in a rack your own format, as if everyones vision suddenly went down the drain and the only way they can tell if the 1 is frozen or not, is if they touch it. (When really, they are moving other balls by touchng the 1)

PULEEEZ!

Total bunch of garbage.
Take away rack your own, so the 1ball touchers and rack tilters go by the wayside, throw up a slug for them, and let them figure out the gaps.

That's what Turning Stone did and last night Rodney Morris had to rerack so many times it looked like he was filming a "how to" video on it. Even if the opponent racks it seems some people can't help touching the apex ball.

And for the record, again, I think Rodney handled that like a pro.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Everyone always calls it cheating yet there are very little writen rules about the rack. Not against the rules.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please point out where he did this IN THIS THREAD.

Post #26: "Please, someone show his activity so I can do my job and promote pool to those that enjoy what I have to say. I understand I'm going to have stalkers and trolls, but this guy is taking it WAYYYYY to far. "

I was banned once for calling someone a troll.

Post #28 : "You have never proved anything other than you are are sick and incorrigible."

That's the name calling in just THIS thread. I already pointed out the lies about me.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
That's great. Only problem is that you started at post 13.

So, where did this happen prior to post 13 that forced you to jump in this thread to "defend yourself"?

Post #26: "Please, someone show his activity so I can do my job and promote pool to those that enjoy what I have to say. I understand I'm going to have stalkers and trolls, but this guy is taking it WAYYYYY to far. "

I was banned once for calling someone a troll.

Post #28 : "You have never proved anything other than you are are sick and incorrigible."

That's the name calling in just THIS thread. I already pointed out the lies about me.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Everyone always calls it cheating yet there are very little writen rules about the rack. Not against the rules.

That's why rack your own should die IMO.
Then the breaker has no pre-break infuence on the rack he is breaking and he is faced with the task of figuring out someone else's rack.

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member

I agree for some tournaments but I think it also depends on which rules you are referring to and which method of cheating the rack. What Ignacio did last night is definitely against BCA rules.

1-14 Racking Procedures

2. You must rack the balls as tightly as possible. Each ball should touch all balls
adjacent to it. (AR p. 78)

3. After you rack the balls, your opponent may inspect the rack but must not touch any ball. If your opponent is not satisfied with the rack, they may require you to re-rack the balls one time. After one re-rack, if both players cannot agree that the rack is suitable for play a referee must be called. The referee will then rack the balls for that game. If the referee racks the balls, the opponent may inspect the rack but must accept the rack as is.

4. You should refrain from tapping balls unless necessary. It is preferable to brush the area of the rack and ensure that the spot attached to the cloth, if any, is in good condition.

And yes, I am that player in league who will call out a more experience player on the rules. I may play like a beginner but I at least read the damn rulebook.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Read the quote from Joe Tucker under the picture I posted. He leaves little doubt

If Rodney was giving him a good tight rack and Ignacio kept asking him to keep reracking, Rodney would have refused.
But he wasn't so he just kept reracking, it's all to throw your opponent off whether it's trying to give him a loose rack or
taking forever to give him a good rack, plain and simple.

I don't understand why it seems some people have such a hard time seeing what is really going on here.

When you watch Joe's video he says specifically why a LOOSE one ball is an advantage, and it only has to be separated by a "touch" (not of inside) ;)

You are still acting like they want a "tight rack," when that's where we all had it wrong. Read the quote from Joe Tucker's web site - under the picture I posted. He leaves little doubt for those that have {mental} eyes that can see.

He starts off with 9 Ball and shows you how we all had it backwards. He shows why and how the wing balls do and don’t go. Shows you how to adjust your cue ball speed and placement according to how the balls are racked. He shows you how to make more and give up less 9 Balls on the break!!!

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
If Rodney was giving him a good tight rack and Ignacio kept asking him to keep reracking, Rodney would have refused.
But he wasn't so he just kept reracking, it's all to throw your opponent off whether it's trying to give him a loose rack
hoping he'll except it or taking forever to give him a good rack, plain and simple, to get an advantage.

I don't understand why it seems some people have such a hard time seeing what is really going on here.

I wouldn't let my opponent touch the 1-Ball after the balls are racked or give me a bad rack, either one is BS.

I wasn't there so I don't know if Rodney was loose racking him or not. It was hard to see from the streaming so I was just assuming Rodney was giving him a decent rack.

The reason it looked shady to me was that Ignacio didn't appear to be asking for a rerack or even pointing out what he didn't like about Rodney's rack. He just waited until Rodney turned back toward his seat and quickly put a finger on the 1 ball.

If Rodney was loose racking him on purpose or trying to drag it out then I stand corrected but it was tough to see it that way while I was watching it on the streaming.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
We must put the BATTLE back in the GAME, and do away with one foul and racking(PROS)

That's why rack your own should die IMO.
Then the breaker has no pre-break influence on the rack he is breaking and he is faced with the task of figuring out someone else's rack.

This is absolutely true and a vital part of the game. When two players are racking their own, or allowed to touch balls in any way (after the racking procedure) it takes the "head to head" battle out of the GAME.....then it's just like watching two players practicing against one another......like watching two boxers taking turns hitting a heavy bag, but not ever hitting each other.

We must put the BATTLE back in the GAME, and do away with one foul, gaff equipment and racking at the Pro Level (it's fine for league and amateur play).