Turning Stone XXII- the prediction thread

Really? A lot of people thought that line -up was perfect. On paper given the performance of the players plus their experience, i thought it looked pretty good. I dont remember anyone saying we'd get massacred beforehand ?

Quit making sense. It has no place here.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone was looking for player list for turning stone....there's one at the beginning of this thread

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Turning Stone starts tomorrow...
Get your final four in now. a little bit of action has already been wagered here so I thought we should keep this going so we don't forget.

After that immortal race to 100 between Shane and Shaw just a few days ago. Watch for those two guys to come off the blocks in full stroke.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking Dechaine.
Thursday September 18 to 21st.
Free livestream on AZB. FREE to watch in person. Best spectator venue in pro pool period.

Yes, it is fantastic for spectators, and yet the bleachers remain largely empty. I hope that with such a strong field this year a lot more folks will show up and cheer these great players on. I know we will be there on Friday and Saturday. It's be great to sweat a few matches with some AZBers.

BTW didn't I see Jasmin Ouschan on the players list a few weeks ago, or was I hallucinating? I've never seen her play in person, and she is one of my favorite players.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it is fantastic for spectators, and yet the bleachers remain largely empty. I hope that with such a strong field this year a lot more folks will show up and cheer these great players on. I know we will be there on Friday and Saturday. It's be great to sweat a few matches with some AZBers.

BTW didn't I see Jasmin Ouschan on the players list a few weeks ago, or was I hallucinating? I've never seen her play in person, and she is one of my favorite players.

I don't remember her on the list. She played there once back in summer 2007. I think there is a world women's tournament going on some where and she would be there.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there Friday and Saturday night if any Azers will be in attendance.
I'm easy to find. Just look for the good looking red head and I'm the ugly guy tagging along with her :smile:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, that is one strong field. It will take some great shooting to snap it off. I can imagine about fifteen of these guys hoisting the trophy.

I agree. Here's my Dirty Dozen, but there is another dozen or so who threaten to go very deep or even snap it off.

Archer
Bustamante
Dechaine
Oscar D.
Hatch
Hohmann
Immonen
Kiamco
Morris
Shaw
Strickland
Van Boening

OK... add Sossei to make it a Dirty Baker's Dozen.

I'm stoked for this event. Too bad my main lady can't get Thursday off or we'd be there then as well. Lots of great players here, and if the setup is the same as before the renovation, you can park your butt at one of the tables along the aisle and get VIP seating for free. Doesn't get any better for a railbird than this IMO.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the player list for Joss tour at Turning Stone
*Mike Zuglan's Joss Northeast 9-Ball Tour
Turning Stone Classic XXII September 18th-21st, 2014 Player List
(Updated 8/13/14 - Subject to change)*

DECHAINE, MIKE
HOHMANN, THORSTEN
IMMONEN, MIKA
KIAMCO, WARREN
MORRA, JOHN
MORRIS, RODNEY
VAN BOENING, SHANE

Indeed a good list of candidates. However, most of it is 'dead' money.
I whittled the list down to those few who have a chance to win based on
their experience, maturity, and temperament.

Let's be honest, there are only a few players who are winning the big tournaments.
The excitement over all the 'big' names is always overrated when you have the names on my short list involved.

I'll give 2 to 1 on the money someone on my short list wins Turning Stone XXII this year.

Agree with that shortlist . Would include Earl also. In lead up to World Cup of pool, the man may be turning in on at Turning or turning to stone at Turning Stone :)
Dead Money it is when only about 5% of field can win it.
:)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Good luck to all participants. Let the games begin. Looking forward to watching the stream. Mike Zuglan and his Joss Tour always run nice events, and I'm sure this will be no exception.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just cause he's captain he can poke holes in the boat?

If a football coach fielded the second string in the super bowl you would be cool with that?

It's nonsense

What data from Mosconi Cup competition supports the claim that this is the second string? There are people missing who turned in pretty poor Mosconi Cup performances, and there are people who are there that have turned in *no* Mosconi Cup performances. I really don't see how any conclusions can be drawn at this time.

KMRUNOUT

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just cause he's captain he can poke holes in the boat?

If a football coach fielded the second string in the super bowl you would be cool with that?

It's nonsense
The team with the best players doesn't always win in fact they often lose
Tom Brady was a second string QB ,, when he won his first Super Bowl .. There are to many examples to list where blue collar teams beat blue chip teams ,,
Because the blue collar team has better chemistry players that work harder to make up for their lack of talent ,, instead of a bunch of head cases who disrupt team chemistry

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was there for three hours last night, earl started 6 pm, was on the hill in 31 minutes, won 9-0 at 35 minutes. That guy plays super fast.

First time watching Jason Shaw in person, he pockets balls exact. Like lightning.

Shane wouldn't leaves the table until he was told to even after winning, guy is always practicing.

Even though the big names are playing mostly short stops, it's still great to see the warm up routines and watch them in full free stroke mode. Lots of great cue ball action.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl and Johnny are about to play. Any predictions? I think Earl can pull it off if he stays focused on shooting.