Ultimate 10 Ball Womens Almost Full!! Men Dragging.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
All most HALF of the Men's Event are players from a country other than America.

WHERE ARE THE AMERICAN PLAYERS?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Waiting for their sponsors or stake horses to cough up the entry fee + travel, food and whatever else they can get. In the case of the stake horses, most wait until the last minute in case something better comes along first. Some players that have the entry cash but no credit card are trying to figure out what pool player they can trust with $500 :D. Johnnyt

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Waiting for their sponsors or stake horses to cough up the entry fee + travel, food and whatever else they can get. In the case of the stake horses, most wait until the last minute in case something better comes along first. Some players that have the entry cash but no credit card are trying to figure out what pool player they can trust with $500 :D. Johnnyt

Lol funny stuff
Some people like me just wait cause we can
No need to get in early

JoeyA

Silver Member
I think the longer a player is in front of their current and prospective fans and sponsors, the better it its for them. An early sign up is good press for the player imo.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lol funny stuff
Some people like me just wait cause we can
No need to get in early

No need to let anyone know you're coming ....because who needs fans? Who needs sponsors? Who needs a future?

Pool has someone here that is capable and willing to build something substantial for pool and all he asks for at this point is numbers. numbers he can present to major sponsors outside of pool.

It's not a new idea. Not a new concept. But it's being done by someone who is showing how it's done, not talking about it.

If the fans don't know who's coming they will make other plans.The leaders outside the Industry won't get the numbers and y'all can just go back to your 3000 added events with 3000 in green fees or quarters.

Ray

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
No need to let anyone know you're coming ....because who needs fans? Who needs sponsors? Who needs a future?

Pool has someone here that is capable and willing to build something substantial for pool and all he asks for at this point is numbers. numbers he can present to major sponsors outside of pool.

It's not a new idea. Not a new concept. But it's being done by someone who is showing how it's done, not talking about it.

If the fans don't know who's coming they will make other plans.The leaders outside the Industry won't get the numbers and y'all can just go back to your 3000 added events with 3000 in green fees or quarters.

Ray

Well said and I agree. Johnnyt

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ultimate 10-ball

I agree with what Ray said.

It is in the player's best interest to let their fans, the promoter's and everyone else know who is showing up.

Early notice makes it better for the promoteer to get out press releases etc.

I expect the Ultimate 10-Ball to get a lot more players signed up, I don't expect the men event to fill the 128 man field.

I wish it would but the tournament model needs changing.
Also, for what it is worth, I don't expect the CSI events in July to completely fill either.
And that is a shame. If the existing events do not get support from the players, they will start to disappear.

Mark Griffin

JoeyA

Silver Member
Cut-off DATE for Hotel reservations

If any of you pool players OR FANS want a room at that reduced rate of $69 a night (that's a steal), you had better start moving right now. The cut-off date for the discounted rooms is May 29 and that's only a week away from now.

The group code for the discounted room rate is S06ULT3.

JoeyA

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny T is right

Guarantee a lot of the American men don't have the proper forms of payment. Most prob don't have credit or debit cards.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
If any of you pool players OR FANS want a room at that reduced rate of $69 a night (that's a steal), you had better start moving right now. The cut-off date for the discounted rooms is May 29 and that's only a week away from now.

The group code for the discounted room rate is S06ULT3.

JoeyA

Thanks Joey. That's good info.

Ray

JoeyA

Silver Member
I agree with what Ray said.

It is in the player's best interest to let their fans, the promoter's and everyone else know who is showing up.

Early notice makes it better for the promoteer to get out press releases etc.

I expect the Ultimate 10-Ball to get a lot more players signed up, I don't expect the men event to fill the 128 man field.

Also, for what it is worth, I don't expect the CSI events in July to completely fill either.
And that is a shame. If the existing events do not get support from the players, they will start to disappear.

Mark Griffin

If existing events don't get support from the players and the events start to disappear it will be the end of an era by their own hand.

Maybe the players don't feel any urgency but even the most patient promoter will start to think about doing other things with his time and money.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Many spectators plan their pool vacations based upon their seeing particular players at events. While this one already has a lot of super-stars in it, it would be nice to see the rest of the super-stars CONFIRMED so that spectators will know who is coming and make plans accordingly.

Who knows, their sponsors might like to see that their players are in this event as well.

BUMP FOR $100,000.00 of ADDED MONEY.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The women are registering in FULL force with only 9 spots remaining!!

The Men is another story. 11 registered!!! Please get the word to ALL top players to go to the Website www.ultimate10ball.com and register. You can get all the event details there as well. (UPDATE 37 NOW!)

After you register you will receive an email with instructions on payment. No Cash will be accepted this year.

Thanks Ray

63 women confirmed...only 41 men.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Specify

Mark Griffin

Pro/open tournaments in general or UTBC. What were you thinking ?