Ultimate 10 Ball Womens Almost Full!! Men Dragging.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The last woman to sign up

Who would you like it to be? There is only one spot left.

I've heard Mary Kenniston's name mentioned.

Mary is the girl with all the great pool photos of yesteryear on Facebook

Who would you like to see that is NOT signed up?

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
I don't know, but I sure wish the men would fill up. I don't understand why there are only 41 men signed up.

I talked to a few guys this weekend and they are planning on being there but haven't paid yet.

If you register and don't pay you don't show up as a "confirmed player".

I expect more guys like Chris Melling to play.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pro/open tournaments in general or UTBC. What were you thinking ?

The rest of my quote was:
Also, for what it is worth, I don't expect the CSI events in July to completely fill either.
And that is a shame. If the existing events do not get support from the players, they will start to disappear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is all of the conflicts between existing events and the BB dates. There is a synergy that is created when the 'pool world' collectively supports events. With all of the existing (unnecessary) controversy, it stunts the participaltion and energy of an event.

I cannot believe any player worth their salt is not planning to play in this event. This is the largest added money in recent years in the US. After all, if the players don't support an event,what do you think is going to keep the event continuing?

Mark Griffin

Mark Griffin

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Past Super Star, but took too much time out of the game in pursuit of other business

Many spectators plan their pool vacations based upon their seeing particular players at events. While this one already has a lot of super-stars in it, it would be nice to see the rest of the super-stars CONFIRMED so that spectators will know who is coming and make plans accordingly.

Who knows, their sponsors might like to see that their players are in this event as well.

BUMP FOR $100,000.00 of ADDED MONEY.

I guess I better make make my commitment, but one question, Joey. Am I still considered a "Super-Star," or a "Past" Super Star, or a "Past Super Star, but took too much time out of the game in pursuit of other business" or just "That CJ Guy" ??? :groucho:

"The Past is the Teacher" :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess I better make make my commitment, but one question, Joey. Am I still considered a "Super-Star," or a "Past" Super Star, or a "Past Super Star, but took too much time out of the game in pursuit of other business" or just "That CJ Guy" ??? :groucho:

If I'm doing commentary, you were one of the best in the 90's, attempting a comeback now.

JoeyA

Silver Member

As you already know CJ, it doesn't matter what other people think.

Hope to see you at the Ultimate 10 Ball Championship!

The upside is that some will not be expecting you to do very well because of the long layoff and if you just show up, you will still be shining brightly. Lou will probably be carrying a voodoo doll but what can you do about stuff like that...............

God forbid if you should make a good showing. Video sales would go through the roof and you would have people from Taipei trying to get lessons in Dallas.
Lou would probably ban himself from the forums.

And lo, if you won the event; well let's just say that Mary Avina would be spinning prayer wheels for months just in thanks. Lou would probably never be heard from again. :rolleyes:

JoeyA

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
I hope it fills up soon. I've got $500 and would only have to win one match to be in the money :p It would likely be paying $500 to play 2 matches while I watched myself get my ass kicked :D

bobforest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Misread the title of this thread... I thought it meant that men were dressing in drag to fill a women's 10 ball competition....

JoeyA

Silver Member
I hope it fills up soon. I've got $500 and would only have to win one match to be in the money :p It would likely be paying $500 to play 2 matches while I watched myself get my ass kicked :D

Believe me, I have thought about exactly what you joked about and it's no joking matter. I can't beat anybody playing ten ball for a long time but I might be able to squeak by for one or two matches, especially if I run into another banger. :D BESIDES, HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET A CHANCE TO PLAY ALONGSIDE AND WITH THE BEST POOL PLAYERS ON THE PLANET?

There's a tremendous amount of dough waiting for some pool players who don't let this opportunity pass them by.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Thanks for answer

The rest of my quote was:
Also, for what it is worth, I don't expect the CSI events in July to completely fill either.
And that is a shame. If the existing events do not get support from the players, they will start to disappear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is all of the conflicts between existing events and the BB dates. There is a synergy that is created when the 'pool world' collectively supports events. With all of the existing (unnecessary) controversy, it stunts the participaltion and energy of an event.

I cannot believe any player worth their salt is not planning to play in this event. This is the largest added money in recent years in the US. After all, if the players don't support an event,what do you think is going to keep the event continuing?

Mark Griffin

Mark Griffin

I was just trying to make sure you weren't endorsing some sweeping change in the way the existing tournaments hold their events and the formats.

JoeyA

Silver Member
The men are picking up a little speed. 51 confirmed and paid.

Current local (NEW Orleans ) champion Richie Richeson, I see is now paid up. Richie seems like he is ready for some ten ball.

Look forward to seeing more of the champions at this event.

JoeyA

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The upside is that some will not be expecting you to do very well because of the long layoff and if you just show up, you will still be shining brightly. Lou will probably be carrying a voodoo doll but what can you do about stuff like that...............

God forbid if you should make a good showing. Video sales would go through the roof and you would have people from Taipei trying to get lessons in Dallas.

And lo, if you won the event; well let's just say that Mary Avina would be spinning prayer wheels for months just in thanks. Lou would probably never be heard from again. :rolleyes:

JoeyA
Now that is funny! You couldn't lay it down any better than that.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Joe
I'm going to room with my girl
She is in the girls pro tourney we can just
Get 1 room right?

Yes, that is cool! If someone gives you heat, put the blame on me. :)

All players in the Ultimate 10 Ball Championship must stay at Harrah's Tunica.

Chris, thanks for the heads-up for all players.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Yes, that is cool! If someone gives you heat, put the blame on me. :)

All players in the Ultimate 10 Ball Championship must stay at Harrah's Tunica.

Chris, thanks for the heads-up for all players.

Yes sir
Guess ill get my entry in soon

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joey, I needed a good laugh,

JoeyA

That's funny, Joey, I needed a good laugh, it's been "one of those days". ;)

I'll see what I can do my friend.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Update: There are nearly 100 that have registered already for the Men's event. Only 54 have paid though.

I believe there will be many with their faces pressed against the glass, looking in, wishing they had acted sooner.

Don't let it be you.

Ray