Wanted: cheap/effective break cue

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've only taken 3 total... and don't plan on taking any more. I'm not big on percocet, I'm more susceptible to the nausea side-effect than I thought. High pain tolerance comes in handy :)
Feeling much better today than I was yesterday.. capable of bending ALMOST to the point of lining up for a shot :eek:

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'd just like to point out that I OWN A VARNEY J/B now... I've been getting PMs from people trying to sell me their break cues recently, and I don't think they're reading this thread.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Pics!

Just took some pics, not as big as I'd like them to be but you get the idea.
wholecue.jpg

jointsnoflash2.jpg

beautifulbuttwood.jpg

forearmwood.jpg

and here's what got me a big discount:
blem2.jpg

;)

not too shabby :D

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
Nice J/B

Very nice looking J/B! What type of wood? curly maple? Can you tell us what the cue weighs, tip type and mm, balance point and how far up is the Jump joint!? Thanks ;)

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I don't know a few of those things... I'm sure Varney can fill us in :eek:
I didn't get much choice of anything except weight (asked for 19.5) due to the low price :)

I do know the tip type is 1 piece phenolic and 13mm... not sure of the other questions

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
141   2   1
krbsailing said:
Very nice looking J/B! What type of wood? curly maple? Can you tell us what the cue weighs, tip type and mm, balance point and how far up is the Jump joint!? Thanks ;)
The wood is figured Alves into straight grain maple. Zacks cue is roughly 19.75oz if I remember correctly. The tip/ferrule is at least 13mm and made of Canvas-resin...it holds chalk much better than phenolic. Balance point is a non issue because its a j/b so all the weight is in the rear (keeps the weight light as possible for jumping)...the j/b joint is around 17" from the main joint. The longer handles work much, much better when jumping.;)

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hierovision said:
I don't know a few of those things... I'm sure Varney can fill us in :eek:
I didn't get much choice of anything except weight (asked for 19.5) due to the low price :)

I do know the tip type is 1 piece phenolic and 13mm... not sure of the other questions

Nice Cue. You did research, you made a good choice and you are happy with your purchase.

Good job.:D

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Update:
Played in my APA league's MVP tournament. Playing 9-ball I sank a ball on every break. That's not why I'm updating though... against my hardest opponent (he's a 9 and should be a 10 if there was a SL that high) I was down 11-58. I had somehow managed to finish off the last few of a couple racks to get to 11 points and now it was my turn to break. I broke and the 9 rockets into the left foot pocket. These are coin-op Valley tables so he put the 15 in as the 9 for the next rack. I broke and sank 5 balls, one of which was the 15 lol. He racked it up again with the 14 as the 9 this time, using the rest of the stripes to fill-in. I broke and sank the one and two... and the 14 in the left side pocket haha. Three 9's in a row! I ended up coming back for the win... confidence in my break definitely helped!

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
141   2   1
Hey barrosm & bestkites....do you guys actually READ the threads before you reply?:rolleyes:
This thread is very old thread...from 2006...try reading just the one post, #46 at the top of the page. Zack already owns a break cue.;)