what cue makers or brands have you owned?

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
$5 ramin wood chinese cue
Minnesotta Fats
Spalding
Lucasi
Meucci
Scruggs
Dufferin
Gilbert
Fury
Schmelke
Diveney
BHQ
Adam
Sugartree
Cochran
Bautista
Linds

jensen_lover

Pro Playa'
Silver Member
Sold or Traded- Jensen x2, Players x5, Lucasi x2, Sneakiest Pete, Varney Sneaky, Erwin, Jump cue Still have- Jensen, Joss, Meucci x2, Blackcreek x2, Hammerhead J/B that Mike Johnson put a phenolic tip/ferrrule on, Spates and J&J jumpers, Brianna (I think) J/B, Sumrall, Scruggs shaft, & Bobby Hunter shaft. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=149083

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
bringing back memories of my favorite cue makers.....

Verl Horn had many pupils and especially in Oklahoma. Among those were Mike Betts and Eddie Farris. Mike's cues were known as 'Silky' because of his stroke. He was a real legend of a pool player here in Tulsa and made a good cue too. He was more of a player, not a cue maker.

I still remember that 6pointer (i think) that Mike had built for Michell McDermott, her personal treasure I even hit some balls with it once and it did have a "Silky" feel to the way it played. I do miss mike and jay and all the times I used to play one hole with what I called the "retirement club" up at magoos during lunch time.

Eddie Farris is more of pool player gone cue maker. He is definitely the man who makes the magic wands in these parts. He is like the JW of OK but without all the extra cnc crap. There is just no mistaking the hit of an Eddie Farris cue. Once you go Farris, you'll never go back. There is just a special, secret to Eddie's hit in his cues that only he knows and can reproduce! He and Joel Weinstock (DPK's pupil) are kinda buds and Eddie got some of his stuff, to make more stuff with. JW Petree is another worth mentioning. Pete's cue is a cue you would wanna use to string 9 ball racks in dead gear. This guy is not flashy either, but makes an incredibly perfect cue. I mean P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Every last detail is done to the 'T'.

Eddie does make a great hitting cue, very similar to Joel's (they are bud's lol) joel did some wonderful inlays for some of eddies cues with the custom 4axis-cnc he built. I love how they both build those straight shooting crisp hitting POWERFUL cues. I had a sneaky pete from joel with his patented uni-tip on the shaft (it was the only one in existance till it got jacked:mad: ) weighed in at only 17.1oz but wow it hit like...hell I aint never going to get over that it got stolen, it hit that good. ALot don't know this but Joel had bought some of Verls old equipment(which i want to say the lathes were originally from the viking factory), and eventually sold it to Mike Betts and then got it back again and if memory serves correct Ken Ken Quarters owner of the CUE SPOT has the equipment in house. So its one thing for sure cuemakers sitck together in Oklahoma to build good products. To add to that I will say that petree does some of the best finish work in the business and his work is always very beautiful and precise, he even gave me a hand with a broken ferrule right b/f the midwest once and was a good price too.

Jim Auerbach has a shop here in Tulsa as well, and he is survived by his partner John Parker who makes a cue here and a cue there. He's got a nice supply of just about what ever you want to order ready to go with the machines and the knowledge to do it with. Those cues have a real special hit that seems to 'puncture the cue ball' with every blow.

when I first moved up there I was working at a car lot, and in walks john parker with two custom cues...he was tryin to get on the good side of the manager of the place to give him a custom and get a good deal on a car, lol I cant say for sure but I know everyone was impressed and I'm sure he got his good deal on the car.:cool:

My cues

2 custom hueblers
1 Phillippi 4point
1 Older Brunswick plain jane
And soon to be a weinstock owner once again! (dam those theives)

Missing Oklahoma,
Grey Ghost

Last edited:

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cues

Adams,R Black,Mottey,Scruggs,Predator,Gus & Barry,Schon<Blud,Woodworth,Carter,Gina,Capone,Phillippi,Fuller,Jacoby,Black Boar,and a few more I am sure

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
action, arnot, mcdermott, kikel, billy webb, schon, predator, pechauer, vhante, meucci, joss, dp, and probably a few others i am forgetting already...
hell for being so young you think i would remember all i have owned in the last few years.

dakota

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OCCD - obsessive compulsive cue disorder

Well, I saw this thread and it really made me think about all the cues that I have owned or still own over the course of maybe the last 6 or 7 years. I began to think that maybe I have a problem, but then I realized that the only cure is to buy a couple more cues and just manage my problem instead of trying to hide from it.

So here are the cues that I can recall owning in the last few years.

Barnhart, Diveney, Mike Capone, (4) Mike Benders, (2) Schon and (2) Schon LTDs, (2) Pechauers, McDermott (1st cue), Predator and about 5 or 6 predator shafts, Jacoby, Scruggs, Wes Hunter, SugarTree, Judd, SouthWest and the newest edition Masonh.

Oh yeah and a Joe Trombetta late night rumplemintze sneaky pete break cue. Made at 4AM in the morning after excessive amounts of rumplemintze, but it still breaks great!

The sad thing is that I listed 23 cues and I'm almost certain that I am forgetting a cue or two.

dakota

jtrombetta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
QUOTE=dakota;2058943]Well, I saw this thread and it really made me think about all the cues that I have owned or still own over the course of maybe the last 6 or 7 years. I began to think that maybe I have a problem, but then I realized that the only cure is to buy a couple more cues and just manage my problem instead of trying to hide from it.

So here are the cues that I can recall owning in the last few years.

Barnhart, Diveney, Mike Capone, (4) Mike Benders, (2) Schon and (2) Schon LTDs, (2) Pechauers, McDermott (1st cue), Predator and about 5 or 6 predator shafts, Jacoby, Scruggs, Wes Hunter, SugarTree, Judd, SouthWest and the newest edition Masonh.

Oh yeah and a Joe Trombetta late night rumplemintze sneaky pete break cue. Made at 4AM in the morning after excessive amounts of rumplemintze, but it still breaks great!

The sad thing is that I listed 23 cues and I'm almost certain that I am forgetting a cue or two.

dakota[/QUOTE]
P5050138.jpg
P5050137.JPG
P5050139.JPG
Pictures are terrible, used my son's camera, but this is what the cue fairy popped out of my lathe a couple of weeks ago. Dakota, remmember to always carry change for the pay phone.

Take care my good friend,
Joe Trombetta

Last edited:

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Barnhart (2)
Bender
B. Szamboti
Bluegrass(2)
Brunswick
Schon
Pechauer (2)
Morris (2)
Howard (2)
Hercek
MasonH (3)
Mottey
Black Boar (2)
Cantando
Chudy
Capone
Haley
Olney (2)
Prewitt
Rauenzahn
Southwest
Sugartree
Scruggs
Zylr

the cues pictured below are all that are left

Last edited:

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Cues I've Owned

Brunswick ( Hoppe )
Palmer
Viking
Gina
Joss (early)
Tad
Meucci
Richard Black
Searing
Jacoby
Szamboti
Randy Mobley
Paul Dayton
Espiritu

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Searing
Hercek (2)
Schon (2)
FTC Sneaky Pete
Josey Sneaky Pete
Judd
Garvey (local Florida cuemaker)

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
First:
Jim Rempe (Buffalo Pro Series)
Adam Professional
Helmstetter
Stamboulini
Huebler
McDermott
CueTec
Prather
Scruggs
Bertram (IQ Cues- learned from Prather)
Schon

-sold all-break for 11 years^^
infected again....so now...

Bryan Mordt (actually)

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cues

Here is the list:

Cuetec
McDermott
Jackson Custom(2)
Meucci
Varner
Schon

Still have them all except for the Cuetec which was stolen.I like Jackson customs the best.:cool:

Keith

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Curious as to what cuemakers or production cues you've owned. I've had the following.

Joss, Schon, Porper, Mcdermott, Huebler, Meucci, Mason Hougland, Joey Bautista, Sugartree, Scruggs, Nitti, Stacey, Carter, Madison Bob, Dzuricky, Duffern, Valley, Varney, Jensen, Cuetec, Lucasiand a few others whose names aren't coming to mind right now. Will edit when they do.

All told I've had more joss and scruggs cues than anything else.

I'm sitting here thinking abou thow many. Joss (30 I'd guess), Schon (2), Porper (1), Mcdermott (4), Huebler (1), Meucci (4), MH (2), Joey (2), Sugartree (2), Scruggs (10), Nitti (1), Stacey (1), MB (1), DZ (1), Duffern (1), Valley (1), Varney (2), Jensen (1), J/J (1), Lucasi (1), Cuetec (1..only owned it for about 10 minutes)

so that adds up to 66, but I think I'm low on the Joss number and on the Scruggs number. Also pretty sure I may have owned more Meucci's (was buying them in the 80's...its been a long time).

btw..I'm shocked that this thread just keeps going and going

Last edited:

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
I own a number of Arnot cues and one very beautiful WilleeCue.

WilleeCue pictured.

Attachments

• Bills WilleeCue 1.jpg
    Bills WilleeCue 1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 916
  • Bills WilleeCue 3.jpg
    Bills WilleeCue 3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 923
  • Bills WilleeCue 2.jpg
    Bills WilleeCue 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:

iownthe412

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucasi(s), viking, meucci, pechauer, AC(stolen), schon(s)!!!

Kind of went from beginner up to a little more high end!!

Liked them all except for the meucci!

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
I have not read but the last page of this thread, and due to the crazy number of new cue makers on the scene in the last 10 years...I have owned, played, bought and sold probably every thing made on the planet up to the year 2000. Most know that my preference is production line cues.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will throw mine in here

Minnesota Fats(threw out warped)
Crest(wifes cue now)
Mcdermott MG-21(still have)
J&J Break cue
Mcdermott Dubliner (sold wish i kept just to have)
Schon(wish i kept)
Carolina Custom Sneaky full splice(hit to firm for me sold)
Bob Frey 4 pt sneaky hoppe(current player)
Varney J/b(just got trying to get used to)

Last edited:

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
wow,:) this is a good thread, it motivates us to do become more productive and do the job into perfection.:). As i see, few Filipino cuemakers are on the list.

sammi sam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Southwest-94, Bert scharger, Falcon, Musashi, Adam, Mezz, Universal, JP, TAD, Brunswick, AC, Gina, HC, Bob Runde 01, Bluegrass, Capone, schon, Robinson, Tims, Southwest-99, Pre date SW. Congo

Last edited: