What is the typical cost for table installation and setup?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live and work on pool tables all over the United States, including Alaska. I'm also involved with Diamond pool tables and convert the red label Diamonds to the blue label designed rails, as i did for the factory. My home base if you wa t to call it that, is Medical Lake, WA which is near Spokane, WA. As far as my charge to move and set up a pool table, the starting price to break it down is $250....depending on if there's problems in that, the price goes up. To set it back up, that starts at $300 and goes up if there's problems as well. If the pool table is not of a quality build, i don't take the job just to get paid.

That is great info in regards to the thread, I see you are banned at the second, my apologizes if my response triggered you mate. I wasn't trying to be disingenuous, and in hindsight I should have shared a bit more information in my initial post. Hope its just a short ban. You are correct, the flatmate and I have an inexpensive pool table, it's a 3 piece slate leisure bay, not a barbox. I am not an expert in table assembly otherwise we wouldn't have hired anyone, And you are correct he could have put the table together poorly for all I know, table rolls true, so maybe we got lucky.
:thumbup:

I will agree that Glenn can be on the aggressive side of things but, that’s not necessarily unfounded. You will find this type of “arrogance” in most people that are “passionate” about what they do and take pride in the work they do. You can find this at the top tiers of almost any craft. Including Bill Gates calling the software industries thief’s for creating products he feels don’t meet his standards of what he considered acceptable products or that narrowed from his work.

So I understand Glenn. It must be very aggravating to watch others do hack work for customers who want a good job yet don’t know what the difference is.

I have setup some tables. A couple of my own and a couple of my friends. Including changing cushions, pockets, castings, felt, leveling 3 piece slates etc. my tables turned out good but not great. I would never consider myself to be a pool table mechanic but I am pretty sure I can hold my own to the run of the mill storefront sales and setup services. Having been through these processes I can say with all honesty that a Glenn table it on a whole different level. Looking at the the work that goes into a high level playing table and correcting all issues as you mech these tables, really takes an expert. Attacking Glenn’s ego in this case won’t get you anywhere. His credentials speak for himself. Maybe not his interface but if you enter into a conversation with the respect of his knowledge rather than trying to disprove his worth, then I can assure you the conversation would take a different path.

Some people just hate to hear the reality of a talented person.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll consider the fact that you must not know who i am...LOL but for what it's worth, yes, I've worked on pool tables all over TX, as aell as the surounding states, and have asked customers on more than one occasion....where did you buy this pool table....TX?, only to be told yes....how did you know?....LMAO

dude you're an old loser who accepts charity handouts, probably had to google the meaning of 'lfmao'...btw, seniors don't use that term

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
dude you're an old loser who accepts charity handouts, probably had to google the meaning of 'lfmao'...btw, seniors don't use that term

Dude!
Old Loser?
lmao is not used by Seniors?

At what age is the cut off smashy?
Your sounding like an ageist.

Let’s see.....lol was bing used in the mid 80’s on s-l-o-w modem bulletin boards.
lmao is just a variation of lol.
So...... 2017 back to 1985 = 32 years ago!
If I was 30 in 1985 and using lmao.......
That means I would be.... 62 years old! a Senior Citizen!

It’s just like Hip Hop.....now 30+ years old and every young kid thinks it’s new and invented by them.

As far as Glen taking charity.... he never asked for the donations. It was someone else that asked that we help him out.
You’ve probably never been charitable if you think it’s bad to accept charity.

Last edited:

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
table machanic

It has amazed me how people will pay thousands of dollars for cues . They will pay thousands for a conversion of a old titliest buy some guy they dont know . But those same people will try to get the cheapest price on a table ,or its installation. Give me a table done by Glen or Mark and ill play with a plane old cue. 10-7 hmm ill take it

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

It has amazed me how people will pay thousands of dollars for cues . They will pay thousands for a conversion of a old titliest buy some guy they dont know . But those same people will try to get the cheapest price on a table ,or its installation. Give me a table done by Glen or Mark and ill play with a plane old cue. 10-7 hmm ill take it

-

Above will have to be one of my most favorite posts on AZB'

Rico, I don't think we've meet. Although I was just in Clinton setting up/recovering a few players tables two weeks ago and another last Friday just off highway 67.
Anyways~> great post.

Rob.M

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

You broke the code.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Joe, when ya get a waterpump installed on your car, it most likely depends on where the heck ya live, +++. In San Francisco, it's quite different than in KY. Local labor in your area will definitely effect your situation. Understanding this, it will give you an idea of what a fair price is for anothers Labor. Get a few quotes or more. By talking to the installers, a sense of trust or no trust will occur, plus each person will say different things, which is valuable info.

You bet!!! About 25 years ago the shop that I was employed at had a national account for all of their auto repairs. Because they had such a large fleet of cars and so much buying power they told us what they would pay if we wanted their business. We were in Milwaukee and their home base was in Chicago. Chicago's labor rate was double what ours was so that was the labor price they agreed on, fine by us thank you very much!!!!
Maybe they should have checked our labor prices before they signed on the dotted line. They must have assumed we were the same because of our proximity. I would imagine the same holds true for many things.