whats with the influx of new users?

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
i do realize a post count requirement has been established for certain parts of the forums. but it seems a wide number of these new users are just randomly trolling threads to get their count up. with that being said, it seems there is an uncanny similarity with the way their names are being used...anyone else notice this?

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
i do realize a post count requirement has been established for certain parts of the forums. but it seems a wide number of these new users are just randomly trolling threads to get their count up. with that being said, it seems there is an uncanny similarity with the way their names are being used...anyone else notice this?

what part of the forums require a post count?????

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
there is a thread describing it in the main forum. some things that do require a certain post count (10) is to view links and or images in signatures. but a post count of 25 is required to view the action room and at least one other...

edit : link i spoke of....http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=228723

Last edited:

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

what do you consider a new member?you haven't been on a year yourself there.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
What's weird about their names?
FYI I'm new but I'm here to find action since we're down to one pool hall and it's closing June 1st AND because we're moving to AZ in a year or two. I can't wait to get there. IL weather sucks!

Gazelli

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are just lurkers that have been viewing forums that they now can't see. So, they have to get their post count up enough to where they can see them again.

On another thought, do you have to be a "member" to view the raffle forum? I can't seem to find one.?????

Raffle is a sub section within the Wanted/For Sale area.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
There have been several instances where someone has been banned, only to reappear soon thereafter under a different name.

One particular guy (formerly SC5) frequents The Action Room, and is quite infamous there, trying to make bets with anyone and everyone. Apparently he hasn't always paid up, either. From what I've read in the threads, anyway. It's quite entertaining to see the regulars outing him. At least it's funny to me. :p

Methinks this is just a way to slow him (and others like him) up so they have to work at it a bit. And can't simply reappear instantly after banning.

Just my uneducated and uninformed guess.