Which is the better tip G2 soft or Kamui SS.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Where can I get them for $3 and how much is the shipping?
TomHay here on AZ sells them. They are fantastic. I stopped using G2s because of the SIB Pro. They are $2.70 per tip, shipped for $2.45, as far as I know. Check the Cue Supplies forum. They play identically, maybe even a little better, at 1/6 the cost.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like a really soft tip and wonder which of these 2 tips I should try next.

I don't believe the G2 comes in super soft so I would have to try soft.

Opinions please.

Thanks

Kevin

My search for the perfect tip ended at KC SS never been more happy with a tip

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is what I have on one of my shafts that I'm replacing with a G2.

To me, the G2 plays way better, but it costs WAY more.

opposite for me, went from kamui to milk duds and will never ever use a layered tip again

glad you found a tip you really like, too :)

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The problem is there are too many fake G2 and Kamui out there .
How many get them from the real authorized US source ????
One infamous dealer has sold hundreds, if not , thousands of fake G2.
I've run across fake Kamuis as well .

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyInCali....that's why I deal with Shooter08 when buying my Kamui Clear Black Tips.
Wisconsin Billiard Supply is an authorized Kamui Dealer & Tom is an very trustworthy.
He's a great member of the Az Forum Community & you can depend upon his honesty.

Matt B.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I am really surprised that there are so many players out there using soft and super soft tips. I must have crappy cues because everything I ever put a soft tip on just killed the way the cue hits. I use medium tips and I like them best when worn down kinda short and they also seem to get noticeably harder with use. I tried Kamui med and hard tips and really didnt notice much difference in feel, even with half the layers cut off. I use Tiger Everest tips, even though a tip hardness chart shows them to be softer than a Kamui medium it seems to feel harder.

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
I personally like G2 Medium and Kamui Soft better, if I have to choose then it is G2 softs.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Anywhere to find a durometer rating on all tips produced. I though years ago one existed but with all of the neww tips on the market today I would LOVE to see a more current list.

Thanks

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
The problem is there are too many fake G2 and Kamui out there .
How many get them from the real authorized US source ????
One infamous dealer has sold hundreds, if not , thousands of fake G2.
I've run across fake Kamuis as well .

I'd go to Seyberts if you have any doubts. They sell every tip you can imagine, plus some :)