Who is/was the Best Trick Shot AND Pool Player

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Massey

Can't speak for some of the other people mentioned but I played Mike Massey back when he was seriously playing pool. He could roll them around mighty fine on a bar table. Saw the same thing at an exhibition he put on after Katrina too. In the challenge matches he would run out to the eight and "accidentally" hook himself on the eight over and over. In more than two hours I think I saw him miss twice when he didn't mean to.

His trick shot record speaks for itself.

Hu

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey knifemaker...Do you remember when Jack came to Morton College (early 70's), and one of the girls in the tournament's father was a gangster? Her father bought pizza for the whole group in the tournament. Jack told me that story, along with many others. He is, btw, still alive and well, living in S. CA.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I remember in the 70's Jack White would come to the military base and do trick shots he was great and the show was the best. I played him probably 15 times at different bases,& loved it. He gave me my first nice cue a Palmer 2nd catolog L model I loved it. I played Massey in several tournaments in the early 80' seen many of his exibitions back then both were great. Jack had a class at Morton College in Chicago he was not just a talker he could play very well and a stroke like no one else great guys both. I guess I think Mike was the overall best but I really liked Jack White.

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
I have played Mike Massey in every type of game there is His straight pool is outstanding here is my best story about that. He tells me one time he turns over and says how many you want me to run? Being nice to myself and not wanting to see him play alone for two hours I said 60...He put exactly 60 in the hole excactly. Missed the next straight in and I lost the bet I had to pay up with a coke...Never won my best score was 111-150 my worst was 4-150 I made the corner ball back at me on the break and he sharked me on purpose then ran out 150...lol

I played Mike about 20 sets of nine ball now and I have lost every one of them...Most of the time I put up a fight but once I had him down 10-7 and I was on the hill I shot a dumb go broke cheese shot and Mike ran out the rest of the games 4 in a row not one mistake.

I played almost 50 games of one pocket with Mike again I have never won one game yet...He is very uniquely gifted in this one never have I seen his equal. We played winner breaks one time and he ran 4 in a row...The first game he ran 14 the second 13 then a 12 and 12 back to back...

I think that I am unlucky and when I am playing Mike he hits his top gear...I have played with just about everyone and I would have to say that Mike has been my worst nightmare.

I am trying to get better at pool right now and I have been getting a crazy amount of help from people I hope that I can get as good as him someday.

I think that I may have him right now in nine ball...but I doubt my straight pool skills are up to par I have no doubt he can still run 150 and out and I have not been able to get to a hundred in over 5 years now lol, and I have no desire to be his designated racker in one hole...lol If he plays one handed and spots me the break and 10-4 he can get played...lol

I still feel that Mosconi was a great trick shot artist and his game is unmatched.

Best alive, Mike gets my vote. Best all time Mr. Mosconi gets it.

From what I am told Mike does not have to win against me in three cushion. We played one time on an old wore out table in Boston but we got called to play tied up at 10 and we just never finished the game. I think that whoever is playing more cush at the time wins...

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie Carlton's BK -non american player- the best

shows all the pool trick shots,except this guy EDDIE is shooting them all in on a snooker table! Himself and 2 sons were 100 ball runners. mark