who makes the best playing cue???

nobita83

Registered
Thank you...I was sincerely looking for some perspective on this, other than my own, which in this arena I will admit is limited...It just seemed the article was a little misleading IMO. I do appreciate the info.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Heard lots of good things about Diveney, Varney, & Paul Dayton, Leon Sly, and Lee Peppers, as well as Ryan Theewen. I would guess anyone of these gents makes a damn fine stick. Had a few Joe Bakers that all played very nice. The unicorn for me however, was an old dog $hiite brown Huebler....Go figure. :confused:

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
My favorites

I would play anybody, any time with any of these cues. I'm sure there are others that play as well, but these are what I liked. Very solid and consistent feedback on the hit.

Mike Webb
Murray Tucker
John Showman
Black Boar
Gina
James White
Lee Peppers

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm?

my RUNDES and an old Runde Schon 82, my fav. A KIKEL hustler with holy ferrule. and an ARTHUR THAT PLAYED VERY WELL.Many greats ALSO A OLD Frank Parridise .

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not possible to say who makes the best hitting cues. I've had many, many great hitting cues from unknown makers and elite makers. HIT is suggestive and personal. With that said, my current player is a Cognoscenti and I would rank it right up there with the very best.

dhanboy

Registered
wow...
majority comment is for mike lambros..
really want to have a hit with lambros cue...make me curious how it feel...

any thought of ariel carmeli cue?

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow...
majority comment is for mike lambros..
really want to have a hit with lambros cue...make me curious how it feel...

any thought of ariel carmeli cue?

I have played with Ariel Carmeli before. Plays good. I prefer the non ivory ferrule better.

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best playing :

1. JoeyinCali aka Joey Bautista - Plainjane
2. Murray Tucker - Full spliced.
3. Southwest (Macassar ebony nose and also PauFerro nose)
4. Lambros - Full spliced.
5. Gina - (Maple nose)
6. Joss - (cored cocobolo nose - My bar beater cue)

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Joss:

Weight : 19.6oz
Weighbolt : Non
Balance : 19"
Ferrule : 13.1mm.
Tip : Yu (M hardness, laminated tip)

Love the spec.

Sniper 55

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Would Vote Predator but there are some Close Runner ups like McDermott, Joss, Viking But remember its the Indian not the Arrow SO Practice and Have Fun

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we will never know

If some one made the best playing cue every one would be using it. What is the measuring stick? Most sold and used, are the pros using it, is it winning the big tournaments? It's just what appeals to the user. Some of the top shooters use what ever the highest paying sponsor provides. Pick your favorite, there is a bunch to choose from. Once a cue reaches a certain level of quality any good shooter can make it dance. It has nothing to do with how pretty or fancy it looks.

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
Herman Rambow Built Titilist is the finest playing cue in the world.

There is NO WAY that cue is one of the finest hitting cues ever, not even close.

Please don't think that collectibility has anything to do with playability.

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
I have read ths post from start to now...

I have not seen one person talk about I think some of the best hitting cues out there. And that would be Darrin Hill Hills cues wow I have just bought 2 of his fullsplice and I have a bad back and these cue are the bomb. Stiff well balanced great cue all a round. I still do not understand why Hills cues where not talked about once. Zig..

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
franko, please please please

i am 69 years old, first game i ever played i was 5, do the math i have been playing for a LONG time. i also build cues, before i started building cues i was playing with a josswest, i now use a straight grain maple full splice into straight grain maple, no joint rings, maple shaft, wood pin. it plays as good as any cue i have ever had in my hands.
please try to tell me the difference betweem the hit of a 6 point cue and a 8 point cue. i just got to know !!!!!!!