WPBA Peoria Pics (Really Long Load!!)

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
sarahrousey said:
Great job Zack. You are going to be a pro soon. Your pictures get better and better each tournament.

Sarah

Yeah, but what about that hair?!?! :D

Actually I liked it (but the six ball apparently doesn't :p ).

Jeff Livingston

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
OH yea, thanks alot Zack for showing me the true height of that mohawk. I had a "wow, I wonder what I was thinking" moments when I saw that. :) just kidding.

Jeff, I think I obviously didn't scare the 6ball enough to make it want to go in.

Sarah

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
iconcue said:
great pics zack!
pretending like ya dont know how ta use a camera! gimme a break! :)

He also likes to pretend he doesnt know how to shoot pool, then he makes ya grab the rack LOL.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
iconcue said:
great pics zack!
pretending like ya dont know how ta use a camera! gimme a break! :)

I have to give credit where it is due. When in San Diego I got a chance to talk to a couple of professional photographers and they gave me some tips on how to take better pics in the low light setting and on keeping the camera still! That's why the pics are so much better this time around. The still weren't as good as I would have like them to be. Their shortcomings are pretty evident on the original 3000x2008 pictures, with the exception of a few pics!

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
zeeder said:
I have to give credit where it is due. When in San Diego I got a chance to talk to a couple of professional photographers and they gave me some tips on how to take better pics in the low light setting and on keeping the camera still! That's why the pics are so much better this time around. The still weren't as good as I would have like them to be. Their shortcomings are pretty evident on the original 3000x2008 pictures, with the exception of a few pics!
Would you car to share some of those tips with the rest of us?
I know I am always looking for ways to improve.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Colin Colenso said:
How did you load mulitple pics into single posts?

They usually show up as links when I add more than one to a single post.

Colin, even if Zeeder's method is not used, there are other possibilities. I've embedded multiple wei tables and showed them simultaneously in a post by using the "paste from" feature on the paintbrush edit menu to combine multiple jpg files into a single file (total memory cannot exceed 100K for a file uploaded through AZB).

Here's a progressive masse drill I posted quite a while ago as an example.

Attachments

• masse drill shots 1 2 3 4 5.JPG
    masse drill shots 1 2 3 4 5.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 244

JrockJustin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Website?

zeeder said:
I didn't attach the pictures to the post, I am hosting the pictures on my webspace and then embedding them into the post. When you do that I think you can put up to 8 or 9 pictures per post.

P.S. Thanks to everyone for their kind words regarding my pictures. I'm just really glad that some of them turned out okay! I forgot my CF card reader and my usb cable for my camera so I only had a max of about 360 pics I could take (at the largest setting). You never know what the pic will look like as it could look great on the LCD and then it's very blurry when you view it at full size.

Hey Zeeder! Do you have a website up with your photos or anything? I would love to check out your photographs, pool related or not!

Keep up the hard work!

Justin

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
kcpoolfan said:
great pics but doesnt anyone have any better ones of karen corr?

I took a few pictures of Karen but I didn't really sweat one of her matches so I didn't get many pics and the ones that I took were generally from pretty far away. That's why there are some where I only got one decent photo of some players. I also tried to take the majority of the photos in the beginning of the set so as not to disturb the players with incesent clicking when the pressure was mounting.

I took quite a few of Karen at the Viejas so I'll check when I get home to see if there are any good ones. If so I'll post them for you.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
Would you car to share some of those tips with the rest of us?
I know I am always looking for ways to improve.

The two biggest were, first, to make sure that you're using the proper ISO setting (I just used the Auto ISO setting on my camera) so the shutter doesn't stay open for an eternity. Secondly, wrap the strap around your hand to secure the camera and tuck your elbows into the body to stabelize the camera.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
JrockJustin said:
Hey Zeeder! Do you have a website up with your photos or anything? I would love to check out your photographs, pool related or not!

Keep up the hard work!

Justin

Justin,

I don't have anything put together yet, although I've been thinking pretty hard about putting together a website. However, I'm pretty green when it comes to website design so it will probably suck if, and when, I finally get it done...lol.

So far I've mainly only taken pictures of cues, animals and a couple of WPBA tourneys.

Vahe

Registered
Shutter click and ways to stabilize the camera

Real nice shots. Great choice on a digital SLR as well. Goes to show what a few settings can do for a shot.

Just some thought...

Since the table top is well lit you can likely get away with a shutter speed around 1/125 of a second and use a smaller aperature (larger f-stop number). The faster shutter speed will cut back on camera shake because of your breathing or trembling hands. The smaller aperature will give you more depth of field and will offer a larger area of definition of focus. However, this might not be what you want as people in the background will become sharper as well and may take attention away from the subject of your shot.

Regarding the shutter click during the match, there shoud be a setting that will turn off the shutter sounds. My Nikon 5700 makes more noise while focusing than when the shutter clicks. You can also avoid focus noise by switching to manual focus.

In order to help keep the camera still you may want to invest in a unipod. Same idea as a tripod, just 1 leg instead of 3. You can find an extendable one that will range from 1 foot to 4 of 5 feet for about $20-$30.

Happy hunting.

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monopods are nice. They are used a lot by sports photographers. Some larger lenses even have tripod/monopod collars so the weight balance is right.

You might want to invest in some better glass that gets you down to f2.8 or so if you want to do low light photography. Yeah, ISO setting is important. Of course, 35mm guys change ISO by changing the film :). Digital users have it easy.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Zeeder ...

Great pictures .... Thanks for sharing them ....

I think AZ'rs should start a thread or something
to make up our own WPBA calendar. Even with
a computer, I still like a 'hardcopy' of a calendar
in my computer room to go with my celebrity Pool
pictures ... lol (clothes are optional ...<grin>)

Has anyone emailed a camera company or photography
forum to find out what the very best type of equipment
would be for taking pictures of Pool Players and tournaments,
given the location and lighting, etc....... just curious?

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
Colin, even if Zeeder's method is not used, there are other possibilities. I've embedded multiple wei tables and showed them simultaneously in a post by using the "paste from" feature on the paintbrush edit menu to combine multiple jpg files into a single file (total memory cannot exceed 100K for a file uploaded through AZB).

Here's a progressive masse drill I posted quite a while ago as an example.

Thanks sjm,
You have become quite the whiz with the graphics after my brief instruction a year or so back (if I recall rightly) :D

I actually thought he may have done what you described, but I right clicked on each of his pics and saw in the properties that they were separate files.

The curious investigator I am, I had to solve the dilemma, to unravel the conundrum wrapped within an enigma...and once more we are all the wiser :p

btw: Reading about your and Craig's 14.1 battles has inspired me to learn that game. Just wish I had time to give it a good bash and shoot for that illusive 100. I played it once years ago and barely got past a rack. I had no idea of what ball to leave on to open the pack. Now the game appears to have an interesting science :)