Smorgass Bored Update

Mike_Mason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Putting my Smorg Badge back on in solidarity with Brother Doug...peace be with you friend...

Mike

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Joey,
You and so many others here have been such good support and friends over the years and I treasure each and every one of you.

The results of the test were not encouraging and the course that the VA has planned is unacceptable.I have no life, no joys, no comfort and no sense of humor.

I have reached a decision. I'm tired and worn out and no longer have the strength, energy or willpower to continue the battle.

I pray that my online friends can forgive me and have enjoyed the ride. half as much as I have.

I love you all,
Doug

*Please try to help my wife Babarba through these difficult times. I have taught her how to log on under my account.

Doug,

You will always be with us, no matter what! I would had given anything to watch you put "Spanking" on Mark...

Sunny G.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Joey,
You and so many others here have been such good support and friends over the years and I treasure each and every one of you.

The results of the test were not encouraging and the course that the VA has planned is unacceptable.I have no life, no joys, no comfort and no sense of humor.

I have reached a decision. I'm tired and worn out and no longer have the strength, energy or willpower to continue the battle.

I pray that my online friends can forgive me and have enjoyed the ride. half as much as I have.

I love you all,
Doug

*Please try to help my wife Babarba through these difficult times. I have taught her how to log on under my account.

After reading this I cancelled all my appointments as I could, and still can't, think of nothing else. Like so many have stated, this is the saddest thread I have ever read.

I felt compelled to call all my friends and tell them just how much I appreciated them. I even called several folks who use to be friends (lost/separated due mostly to petty pool related BS) and did some rekindling. The most important thing I did was send requests to Smorg and JoeyA to become friends here on AZ. These guys are the nutz!

1lostplayer

Son of Smorg
Im losing my POPs

I know Doug very well he is a close friend of mine he lives right down the street from me. This is a very hard time for him and others. I joined azb for him. He played in the rooms i played in and we did a lil traveling together.

JoeyA i dont know if you know me but i know you and have heard many stories of you from Doug. My name is Justin and you were a great friend to Doug.

The joke around Tampa was Doug was my pops and i was his son. We always called each other pops and he called me son . It broke my heart when he called me the other day and just said " Son im calling to say good bye. I will not win this fight. You will prolly never hear from me again." I have not heard from him or his wife since.

We are losing a great friend and american. He will live on threw all of us.

Doug I hope you have peace where ever you are going.

Your friend and son.. Always Justin

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome

I know Doug very well he is a close friend of mine he lives right down the street from me. This is a very hard time for him and others. I joined azb for him. He played in the rooms i played in and we did a lil traveling together.

JoeyA i dont know if you know me but i know you and have heard many stories of you from Doug. My name is Justin and you were a great friend to Doug.

The joke around Tampa was Doug was my pops and i was his son. We always called each other pops and he called me son . It broke my heart when he called me the other day and just said " Son im calling to say good bye. I will not win this fight. You will prolly never hear from me again." I have not heard from him or his wife since.

Welcome to AZ Justin! I hope you will stick around and share some of the road stories that you and Doug shared.

Thanks in advance,

Ray

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
In Chicago, third sounds more like turd, so I turd it. :D

Welcome aboard.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sit here not knowing how to respond to the latest news. This was not the news I was looking for when checking this thread.

I have had a sort of relationship with Smorg for quite a few years since the old RSB/ASP days. He was always my favorite poster. His quips and wit were always there to bring a smile to my face. Once I met Doug in person he wasn't any different. He enjoyed every minute I every saw with him while bringing smiles and happiness to those around him.

Whether it was online or in person I believe Doug has touched more peoples lives than he would ever imagine. There were always threads where I would check back just knowing that Smorg was going to post something funny or clever. Other times he would surprise me with his wacky range of humour and wit.

Doug I hope you will reconsider. Please keep positive thoughts in your head and KNOW that many many people around the world are praying and hoping for you and your family. Hopefully your situation will lessen and give hope back to you.

Thank you for your posts and for your thoughts over the years. You will truely be missed.

Frank >>>>>>>>>>>> thanks Al Gore for bringing us Tampa Tubby

matthew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been on here in awhile, needless to say, this came as quite a shock. I'm not a religious man, but I wish Doug's family, including those here on AZB, my heartfelt condolences.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Welcome to the forum Justin and to Doug's extended family.

Stay around and get to know us if you have time.

If Doug called you son and didn't add "of a biatch" to it, then you are good by me. :D
JoeyA

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
welcome to the forum justin and to doug's extended family.

Stay around and get to know us if you have time.

If doug called you son and didn't add "of a biatch" to it, then you are good by me. :d
joeya

*tap*tap*tap*

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you AZB...

Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

for bringing this venue for all of us to share the good, the bad and the comraderie of so many kindred spirits. How we can have our lives intertwined inextricably with a person we have never met is one of those mysteries that is difficult to grasp or understand.

Doug,

Your spirit and compassion have shone through your words, and actions here. It is your spirit that I have met and known here, and not your physical body. Your spirit will always carry on with the hundreds here that you have touched and only you will know when it is time to leave the physical life for the eternal one.

My prayer for you and your wife is and will remain that you may have peace, and the strength to carry on until the battle is over. I am sending it now, and hope that you can feel the love from all those here that share the same feelings.

May God bless you Smorgie.........................

Tim

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
for bringing this venue for all of us to share the good, the bad and the comraderie of so many kindred spirits. How we can have our lives intertwined inextricably with a person we have never met is one of those mysteries that is difficult to grasp or understand.

Doug,

Your spirit and compassion have shone through your words, and actions here. It is your spirit that I have met and known here, and not your physical body. Your spirit will always carry on with the hundreds here that you have touched and only you will know when it is time to leave the physical life for the eternal one.

My prayer for you and your wife is and will remain that you may have peace, and the strength to carry on until the battle is over. I am sending it now, and hope that you can feel the love from all those here that share the same feelings.

May God bless you Smorgie.........................

Tim

*Tap*Tap*Tap*

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

Go with God, My Friend...

Dwight

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think many of us who have never met the man, had we known that the end was near would have paid for a flight and hotel just to get a chance to hang with him in a pool hall after reading his many brilliant and hilarious posts.

I still have hope that I will get a chance to redeem myself.

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doug,
What ever you decide to do is fine with all of us. Know that we're here for Barbara, too. Wherever your journey takes you, enjoy the ride. You certainly have thus far!

Brian in VA

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is truly a sad post. God Bless you and your family, and may you find the peace you're looking for and deserve.