LIVESTREAM - Austrian Grand Prix

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi AZ Community !!

For those who didn´t know me - I am the stupid european from Vienna (Austria).
We have one of our bigger tournaments over here in Austria this weekend and are LIVE for the first time.

Its our first try of LIVESTREAMING, and I hope some of you guys will let us know some feedback.

We are LIVE on AIR on Saturday 4:00 am until app. 4:00 pm (ET)
And on Sunday with the best 16 players from 4:00 am until app. 1 pm (ET)

Here is the link and enjoy :grin-square:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wien-gp-live

Eric"h" (mair23)

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if you all are not interested in Billiard in Austria,
and believe me, I can understand that :grin:................

...it would be a great help to get all of your FEEDBACKS !!

You know, its our first time STREAMING and we would be happy about some help.
Let us know your thoughts, and maybe we are able to make it better next time.
No problem if they are just negative :rolleyes:

Thanks again in advance,
Eric"h"
(mair23)

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I just watched the V. Foldes match. Guy shoots well. The stream was good, a little jumpy at times but good.

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just watched the V. Foldes match. Guy shoots well. The stream was good, a little jumpy at times but good.

Thanks for the comment, Craig.
You have to know that I really would love to get my stream like Justin is making the TAR Streams.:rolleyes:
But like you said, from time to time (especialy when a player is walking or playing in the front area of the table)
its really a little bit jumpy and the sharpness is not what I wanted, but.............................

For that reason I hope there are some guys out there who could tell me what I could try to make it better. :smile:

Eric"h"

virgayL

Registered
As an Austrian myself (for the sake of the other guys in the forum I stick to English, alright?) I enjoy national streams - but we sure don't have a lot.
The stream was better than I expected, I've seen worse, believe me ;)

If there's any chance you could provide more of these, be sure to check out "poolstage", the guys from Germany (active guys on the forums of www.billard-aktuell.de, I noticed you posted there as well). They are doing a great job and I'm sure they can help you out regarding some technical stuff.

Things I'd improve:
* a better interface (Comic Sans? You gotta be kidding me! And there's so much space where you can put the infos without disturbing the table view [bottom of the screen, horizontally aligned]
* improvement of the screen quality

There are some lags but that really isn't too big of a deal, the lack of high quality images is more of a problem ;)

But overall it's great to have something like that - maybe I see some of my colleagues play there ;)

gz

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an Austrian myself (for the sake of the other guys in the forum I stick to English, alright?) I enjoy national streams - but we sure don't have a lot.
The stream was better than I expected, I've seen worse, believe me ;)

If there's any chance you could provide more of these, be sure to check out "poolstage", the guys from Germany (active guys on the forums of www.billard-aktuell.de, I noticed you posted there as well). They are doing a great job and I'm sure they can help you out regarding some technical stuff.

Things I'd improve:
* a better interface (Comic Sans? You gotta be kidding me! And there's so much space where you can put the infos without disturbing the table view [bottom of the screen, horizontally aligned]
* improvement of the screen quality

There are some lags but that really isn't too big of a deal, the lack of high quality images is more of a problem ;)

But overall it's great to have something like that - maybe I see some of my colleagues play there ;)

gz

Dear gz,

a big thank you for your help, especially for the thing with the guys from billard aktuell, but one thing I have to say..........

We will do things like that a lot more in the future.
If the Austrian Billiard Federation will not take it for there GP´s, then at least the Vienna Fed. will use it.

Thanks for your kind words, and we will do our best do get better in the future.

At the last match saturday evening we where able to stream it without any "JUMPINGS",
but the quality and sharpness still is not what we want to achieve :frown:

Eric"h"