Very early Danny Stout cue

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The is a very early cue by Danny Stout. It is birdseye maple, and ebony, with 5 sharp points. He later turned to all CNC floating points and inlays.

Attachments

• Stout 001.jpg
    Stout 001.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,543
  • Stout 002.jpg
    Stout 002.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Stout 003.jpg
    Stout 003.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,292

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another view.

Attachments

• Stout2 002.jpg
    Stout2 002.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,123
  • Stout2 003.jpg
    Stout2 003.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,151

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Year? During the '91 - '92 there was a cuebuilder helping D Stout, then in NC! I visit Stout shop back then.

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the cue in the mid 90's? Maybe? It had been for sale in a billiard store in Burlington for who knows how long, when I found it. I discovered later that Danny and Rhonda only lived a few miles from me. When I started visiting his shop, he had someone who came in and helped occasionally, but he was mostly doing everything by himself, and using CNC. He remembered the cue, but I never thought to ask when he had made it.

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I know why it sat in the display case for so long. With over 100 views, I am apparently the only one in the World, that likes it. :D

MikesCues048

Cues 4 Christ
Silver Member
I'll chime in for a sec.
The Forearm is a very nice piece & the point construction looks good from what I can see. I'm not particular about the butt sleeve. I would rather see the wood itself or maybe some subtle inlays.
I'd say IMO it looks like a solid cue. :thumbup:
Thank you for sharing.

Michael

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The butt and the points are both Ebony, but the grain doesn't show up in the pictures. All 5 points are even in length.
Playability is excellent, with a soft, but firm, hit.

Last edited:

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the cue. A friend of mine has had a few of them and they all played really nice. I haven't seen that many on here though, thanks for posting it.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see a lot of style cues from, KEITH KUSTOM KUES,

What Year? During the '91 - '92 there was a cuebuilder helping D Stout, then in NC! I visit Stout shop back then.

THAT IS BOTH, HANNSEN AND HOLCOMB

I FEEL I AM VERY ACCURATE IN MY ASSESSMENT!!!

MIKE K'''''''ACEDONKEYACE'''''''''':thumbup: