loking for a good cue case builder

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
My website is nearly redone, and I'm looking for a good case guy to work with any recomendations?:thumbup:

Hey Ron,

We met in Sarasota. You have seen my work. I cannot do anything for you in custom stuff for many more months. We are however building many of these new dealer cases.

This is a case we created to be a basic and rugged storage and transport solution with some flexibility. I designed it with five removable boards which each hold 2x4. Because the boards are fully padded each one acts as a case of it's own and we can provide extra storage bags to house individual boards. Also you can elect to take out some boards and put cues in using sleeves which will up the capacity quite a bit. Just use the boards as padding to keep the contents snug.

The boards can also be used for display purposes and we provide elastic straps which velcro to the fabric and keep the displayed cues from moving.

Inside the lid is a retainer net for easy storage of joint protectors.

The bottom of the case is done with a full rubber pad that keeps the case sitting very stable and doesn't slip.

chris-dealercase-b-front.jpg

chris-dealercase-a-frontwithstrap.jpg

chris-dealercase-e-lid.jpg

chris-dealercase-i-interior1.jpg

chris-dealercase-i-interior2.jpg

Extra interiors:
zach-dealercase-l-extrainterior2.jpg

zach-dealercase-l-extrainterior1.jpg

Here is a video demonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwhJ84f1UI

This is $425 shipped.

And we can do your logo on it for free.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
others to consider still looking for the bridal leather cases

arnemason.com
onqcase.com/site

I think Jb's case needs more padding or something- if that case falls all the joints and pins will tear up the top. I know he did testing -but i guess he didn't do it with these cases. I used the cue build off case and it had some deep marks in the top of a case similar to this.

Engles
Ron Thomas
SilverFox

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
arnemason.com
onqcase.com/site

I think Jb's case needs more padding or something- if that case falls all the joints and pins will tear up the top. I know he did testing -but i guess he didn't do it with these cases. I used the cue build off case and it had some deep marks in the top of a case similar to this.

Engles
Ron Thomas
SilverFox

The cue build off case was a completely different case and was a one-off thing I whipped up in a few days. That case had plenty of padding inside and a roll-up Porper-style bag. I could have put an extra pad in that case and probably should have seeing as how it was going to be shipped a dozen times around the country. But I think that the cues survived just fine from what I heard. Also anyone along the line including you could have improved my design with the addition of a towel :)

This is a video of the Cue Build Off "Bazooka" Case

Here are the pix that Shawn took:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't know who has the case now but I'd love to see how it handled it's trips around the world.

Here is the thread:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=158043

This new dealer case I show in the previous post above is a different concept and represents another year's worth of tinkering. The cues don't move. If the case is dropped square on it's head then all the sleeves will move together or not at all. Each cue sits in a fully padded compartment.

But thanks for the information on the Rocket Launcher. I will try to get with Shawn and see if I can get some pix of it now.

jwe711

The Great Cue Masters...!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
And, Yes...Barton is the "CUE CASE MAN"

Innovation at it's finest...quality and design are bred into each case...

I love his cases...!!!

I just thought you were interested in a one off custom case...And Barton's the man for that too!!!

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I didn't add JB because others had spoken up-

Thanks for donating the big dealer style case. A Towel would have indeed helped Protect the Joints. I remember seeing a few marks on the inside.and only 1 cue had a joint protector. I just assumed because you were doing testing on cases that (fall forward on the nose. You had built in Protection in all your cases. thanks again for Donating - I do think you are a great asset to the sport. mark

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
And, Yes...Barton is the "CUE CASE MAN"

Innovation at it's finest...quality and design are bred into each case...

I love his cases...!!!

I just thought you were interested in a one off custom case...And Barton's the man for that too!!!

:) Well, I would also like to have a King Case in my collection. You know I look at cases with a pretty critical eye and honestly there isn't anything I can criticize about how he builds the outside of his cases.

I am not sure what Ron is looking for either, I just assumed that a dealer case would be nice.

I think someone else already mentioned OnQCase but they didn't mention the great dealer cases that Garth is doing. I think if I were going to buy a dealer case that I wanted to be super protective other than what we make and I wanted it to be custom on the outside then OnQ is who I would choose.

I also think that no one mentioned Dan Dishaw. He still builds some killer road cases. And also there was another person on here a while back selling a top loading version of a road case that seemed pretty good.

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If you want a partner cuecase maker for selling your cue, then John Barton is the perfect one...John is absolutely one of top 5 cuecase maker in the world. His management for bussiness is the finest among all cuemaker you can think about. Price is right. He is always innovative for his work. He is a good gentleman also.:thumbup:

So, if i were you.. i won't think twice..