I got a question to Balance Rite extension owners

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
how much does it weigh? And I'm cusious where is the balance point of the extender itself? Could you please measure those you have?

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are two versions, 2 ounce and four ounce. Why do you want the balance point? Given the ratio of cue extension mass to cue mass, the slight forward balance (due to pin weight) would not change your cue balance point any differently than if all the weight was at either end.

Vahmurka

Silver Member
There are two versions, 2 ounce and four ounce.
that's interesting, I didn't study the product close enough to notice that
Why do you want the balance point? Given the ratio of cue extension mass to cue mass, the slight forward balance (due to pin weight) would not change your cue balance point any differently than if all the weight was at either end.
I assume that the balance point of the whole set-up would be different (though a little) in the case of different balance point of the Balance Rite extender. Also I was curious whether they paid any attention to special balancing or just came out with an extension of a particular weight.
Thanks for your input!

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
The balance point of the extender alone is going to vary widely since it's a function pin used (and the effect is doubled since the same volume of material is removed at the butt-end as added at the shaft-end). A 3/8x10 extender will have a very differenct balance point as a 5/16x18.

But since it's only a couple of inches -- in the center of the cue -- the overall effect on the cue's balance point would probably be too small to even measure.

Note: the extender will change the balance point of the cue. But the difference in pin-size of the extender will have virtually no effect.

tony frank

THE TRAPPER
Silver Member
A bit wide of the topic, however I have a very good shaft that was damaged severely at the first 5 " of the tip end. I sawed off the damaged section and would still like to install a new ferule and tip. HOWEVER now the cue is noticably shorter then original when attempting to use. It has a radial pin joint. My thinking is to install an extender OR is there any practical way to add a new piece of shaft to the now squared off end ? Hate to abandon a $200 + shaft.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Vahmurka

Silver Member
thanks Alexandru!

So how do you like it? Do you use it all the time? What did it improve in your game, if anything?

Last edited:

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
I love the thing and shoot with it full time. Increased the weight on my cue from 17+ to 19+. I've always had a long bridge but this thing has further increased my bridge length so sometimes I need to reel myself in and keep it at a reasonable distance. I am not sure if the hit is different but I do like the more forward balance in my hands.

Am I shooting better because of it? Probably not. However, I've been told my stroke looks smoother. I also like not having to use the mechanical bridge as much.

Last edited:

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks Alexandru!

So how do you like it? Do you use it all the time? What did it improve in your game, if anything?

I used the extension all time, over 2-3 months and I feel good using it.
In July 2014 I had a training with Darren Appleton, and he advised me and another guy, to get off the extension, because he thought I have the tendency to grip the cue too far back, and not getting a 90 degree angle when I start the stroke.
Now for 3 months I don't use it all time, only when I have a longer shot, and I don't want to use rack.

The reason I bought the Extension was to generate more power on my shots, but Darren fixed couple things in my stroke, so now I can get the power without extension.