Flip It Updated Design Choices - Almost Done!

Which Would You Prefer?

Votes: 16 55.2%

Votes: 2 6.9%

Votes: 6 20.7%

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
You can see them here also.... http://action-247.com/flip-it.html

Again, any suggestions are appreciated, I take everything you guys/gals say into consideration...

Thanks for all your help...

Attachments

• flip-it-lrg-$-1000.jpg
    flip-it-lrg-$-1000.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 357
  • flip-it-$-1000.jpg
    flip-it-$-1000.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 364
  • flip-it-lrg-logo-1000.jpg
    flip-it-lrg-logo-1000.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 426
  • flip-it-1000.jpg
    flip-it-1000.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 392

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still like #1, but 3 isn't bad. I like the cleaner look on the front. Not too loud. Sometimes less is better.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can see them here also.... http://action-247.com/flip-it.html

Again, any suggestions are appreciated, I take everything you guys/gals say into consideration...

Thanks for all your help...

I am not being critical but I think those type of shirts have a limited market. They imply gambling or matching up. They have an air of arrogance and I think there is a limited market for that type of thing.

It would seem just a shirt of a pool related nature that would say, " I like to play pool and support the sport" has a wider appeal. You should do a poll on "Would you personally ware a shirt like this yes or no".

I think most players would not. I wouldn't, I don't want to give an impression I am some kind of wise guy or arrogant jerk.

I would be more likely to ware a shirt with something like this on it.

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/number-nine-billiards-ball-abstract-david-g-paul.html

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not being critical but I think those type of shirts have a limited market. They imply gambling or matching up. They have an air of arrogance and I think there is a limited market for that type of thing.

It would seem just a shirt of a pool related nature that would say, " I like to play pool and support the sport" has a wider appeal. You should do a poll on "Would you personally ware a shirt like this yes or no".

I think most players would not. I wouldn't, I don't want to give an impression I am some kind of wise guy or arrogant jerk.

How does this differ from any other time! :slap::rotflmao1:
But I do tend to agree that 3 and 4 portray a seedy image.

Last edited:

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member

Thank you.... I understand your position, but my whole line of t-shirts is based on a quote from my website:

Action 24/7 T-Shirt designs are specifically designed to express a confident attitude, which is intended to intice exciting, friendly competition from others.

Let our t-shirt designs do all the talking, while you do all the playing!.

My shirts target a niche within a niche. It may be small, but it's extremely targeted.

I really appreciate your feedback, and I have thought of what you mentioned and I have already planned to target a more general audience, but not at this moment right now.

All it takes is a good design idea, then I start desiging.

Your more than welcome to suggest any ideas for a more general type of shirt that would sell well.....

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
I never really understood the whole “I’m a hustler” style T-shirt. I thought the whole point of being a hustler was to be discrete by luring marks in without them knowing. That being said I think the lines and graphics are very appealing.

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
I never really understood the whole “I’m a hustler” style T-shirt. I thought the whole point of being a hustler was to be discrete by luring marks in without them knowing. That being said I think the lines and graphics are very appealing.

I think it's reverse psychology.....

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Not sure what that means?

Are you implying something of a negative nature?

I know Tony and Hustlin... They make most of their money onsite at events... Online means you are fighting with big companies that will print designs and sit on the back end of your sales.... You sell a design @20... 1 shirt sells you send them 20 bucks.... 100 shirts sell and they take 500 of the 2000 the rest you get... It's a brand new world and there are about 5 "t-shirt" guys floating designs on AZ in the last 6-months... Don't buy the equipment... pay the pros and hope your designs take off.....IF they do then you can buy the equipment....

Chris

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I have lots of T shirts with stuff printed on 'em. None of them have a pocket, so they stay hanging in my closet. My pool playing shirts are collared, short sleeved, button up, and have pockets.

Sorry...didn't vote...but I do agree with the above post. Overly aggressive messages turn me off. Kind of like a "I hate cops" bumper sticker on the back of a Corvette.

But hey, I'm just an old curmudgeon. Maybe the young guys like this stuff. Hope you sell a ton of them.

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
I know Tony and Hustlin... They make most of their money onsite at events... Online means you are fighting with big companies that will print designs and sit on the back end of your sales.... You sell a design @20... 1 shirt sells you send them 20 bucks.... 100 shirts sell and they take 500 of the 2000 the rest you get... It's a brand new world and there are about 5 "t-shirt" guys floating designs on AZ in the last 6-months... Don't buy the equipment... pay the pros and hope your designs take off.....IF they do then you can buy the equipment....

Chris

Ahh, I see what you mean..... wasn't sure where you were going with that comment. :)

I will not be doing any screen printing on my own for a while. I do not use zazzle or anything of those rip-off sites that make a shirt for you either and take most of your profits.

I take my designs to a local printer for contract pricing, and I buy my own blank shirts at the best prices possible. Among a few other ways I have come up with to make these actually worth selling.

I've figured a way to make these shirts at a less cost and labor productive rate, which helps me alot. It also helps that I do not have to hire a designer, I can do my own stuff.

As far as selling online, that's only a small part of what I am planning. I plan to go to events, just as your buddies you mentioned.....

I am not being negative saying this, but I am not sure I would ever reach anything close to what they do... There is a lot to doing this, and some of the shirts they (Hustlin) sell, I am sure required lots of capital to start producing.

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you.... I understand your position, but my whole line of t-shirts is based on a quote from my website:

My shirts target a niche within a niche. It may be small, but it's extremely targeted.

I really appreciate your feedback, and I have thought of what you mentioned and I have already planned to target a more general audience, but not at this moment right now.

All it takes is a good design idea, then I start desiging.

Your more than welcome to suggest any ideas for a more general type of shirt that would sell well.....

I would do a line of shirts honoring great players. You may have to get some kind of permission from their families or maybe some like Mosconi may be so famous they are in the public domain. If you had something like that I would buy the whole line and ware them till they fell apart.

I would love to have a shirt dedicated to Steve Mizerak or Grady, Steve Cook or even greats from the distant past. I would buy an Alfredo de Oro or Ralph Greenleaf shirt in a second. Tastefully and artistically done and black and white is fine. I wear nothing but tee shirts and my wife is always buying me interesting shirts as gifts.

If I was a bike rider I would be wearing Harley type shirts, If I was a boater I would be wearing boating shirts. If I was a fisherman the choice would be easy I would be wearing one of these http://www.guyharveysportswear.com/

I am not though I am a pool player and I should be wearing pool related sort to ware but what I would like doesn't seem to be available. You are in a multi billion dollar business, you can be the Guy Harvey of pool shirts.

No to mention it would give pool players the chance to be the real ambassadors of the sport they would like to be. Others have fooled around with the idea of pool related clothing but none have actually been successful.

It certainly had nothing to do with a lack of potential buyers just weak products. All you have to do is google and there is some real crap out there that I don't know anyone who would ware. It can't just be me because I NEVER see any billiard apparel being worn beyond maybe a shirt from a pool league being worn..

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh, I see what you mean..... wasn't sure where you were going with that comment. :)

I will not be doing any screen printing on my own for a while. I do not use zazzle or anything of those rip-off sites that make a shirt for you either and take most of your profits.

I take my designs to a local printer for contract pricing, and I buy my own blank shirts at the best prices possible. Among a few other ways I have come up with to make these actually worth selling.

I've figured a way to make these shirts at a less cost and labor productive rate, which helps me alot. It also helps that I do not have to hire a designer, I can do my own stuff.

As far as selling online, that's only a small part of what I am planning. I plan to go to events, just as your buddies you mentioned.....

I am not being negative saying this, but I am not sure I would ever reach anything close to what they do... There is a lot to doing this, and some of the shirts they (Hustlin) sell, I am sure required lots of capital to start producing.
Your competition he is referring to is the crap I was refereeing to. You have a chance to do what others are not doing, making a product someone will actually want and buy. I just came off the Hustlin website. Look at what they market to women. It basically says "I am a low life pool whore". That is some real low class crap. The mens stuff is only marginally better. I think the market for good stuff is completely open there is no current competition.

Last edited:

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
Your competition he is referring to is the crap I was refereeing to. You have a chance to do what others are not doing, making a product someone will actually want and buy. I just came off the Hustlin website. Look at what they market to women. It basically says "I am a low life pool whore". That is some real low class crap. The mens stuff is only marginally better. I think the market for good stuff is completely open there is no current competition.

Again, I understand where your coming from, but this market your talking about, is a mysterious market, because right now they do not buy anything t-shirt wise.

Not saying they do not exist, because your obviously one of this group, and say you would be willing to buy t-shirts if they existed and met your taste. The problem with this is that the niche I am targeting is a proven niche, proven to buy and proven to exist. The mysterious niche has yet to be proven or tapped into, and would obviously take time to figure out what that niche likes and doesn't like. At currently at this time, my time is devoted to marketing to a proven niche. Not that the other market isn't there, which maybe I will tap into by chance with a design that has wider appeal. Only time will tell..

Your input is valuable, and I appreciate it for sure.....

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, I understand where your coming from, but this market your talking about, is a mysterious market, because right now they do not buy anything t-shirt wise.

Not saying they do not exist, because your obviously one of this group, and say you would be willing to buy t-shirts if they existed and met your taste. The problem with this is that the niche I am targeting is a proven niche, proven to buy and proven to exist. The mysterious niche has yet to be proven or tapped into, and would obviously take time to figure out what that niche likes and doesn't like. At currently at this time, my time is devoted to marketing to a proven niche. Not that the other market isn't there, which maybe I will tap into by chance with a design that has wider appeal. Only time will tell..

Your input is valuable, and I appreciate it for sure.....
This is as good a place as any to test out your ideas. They plan and decide major political strategies with smaller samplings then you will find here.

It is important the responders be honest though, you are not going to be offended you really want the feedback. You can just make some drawings you don't need to actually make the shirts.

The last thing you want is people just telling you what they know you want to hear. People pay big money to consultants to tell them the truth even if it is bad news.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sign of $ on 3 and 4 model looks more like a circle. My vote goes to 1 model.

But I wouldn't by any of those 4 models, I'm more for a neutral pool promoting design.

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
I wonder how many out of all the people who
voted would actually buy the shirt they voted for?

Maybe that's the next way I will do a poll, I will ask
"which would you actually purchase if it were made available?".

Don't take what I am saying wrong, I do appreciate everyone's
input. But in the end, the goal is to have these shirts printed
and then sold to someone based on what people have voted.

Thanks again for your input, I know that none of you have to
even participate, but you do, and I am thankful.

YOLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The designs shown in this thread would be better in heat transfers or vinyl. This way you put your money in the paper or vinyl and not in dozens of printed shirts. It limits your financial risk. I would rather be stuck with 100 heat transfers at .75 per piece than 100 printed tees at $5 a piece