Exclusive Sneak Peek at 2015 Open Poster

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
One of my sources sent me a pre-release copy of the 2015 poster. I think its a winner.

15569981102_a6e5062f12_o.jpg

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
One of my sources sent me a pre-release copy of the 2015 poster. I think its a winner.

15569981102_a6e5062f12_o.jpg

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I think this a wholly inappropriate post from CSI's media manager. Yes, I realize this was probably done without the official support of CSI, but it still seems unprofessional.

FWIW...After the CSI event in the summer, I would have felt the same if one of your competitors had posted similarly.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I think this a wholly inappropriate post from CSI's media manager. Yes, I realize this was probably done without the official support of CSI, but it still seems unprofessional.

FWIW...After the CSI event in the summer, I would have felt the same if one of your competitors had posted similarly.

Inappropriate? Hardly...

Hell, Barry grabbed a microphoneafter the finals and admitted he was going to slow pay people. JCIN's pic is right on target actually. Players expect to be paid when they are out of the tourney. Not find out days later after it's started and they are packing up to go home to find out the check is in the mail.

LOL...you just might be getting old!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Yeah...that whole thing didnt work with TAR and it wont work with CSI.

Its a joke. Lighten up. Or don't. Whatever.

After what happened this summer there should of been a flood of meme's. As I recall there was plenty of crap thrown around. Some rightly so. The event was a disaster.

You think because I posted something you don't like you can make some half ass passive aggressive threat to where I make some of my money and it will have an affect.

Good luck with that.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Yeah...that whole thing didnt work with TAR and it wont work with CSI.

Its a joke. Lighten up. Or don't. Whatever.

After what happened this summer there should of been a flood of meme's. As I recall there was plenty of crap thrown around. Some rightly so. The event was a disaster.

You think because I posted something you don't like you can make some half ass passive aggressive threat to where I make some of my money and it will have an affect.

Good luck with that.

Passive agressive threat? Are you for real? I'm stating an opinion nothing more, nothing less.

After the summer event, there certainly was no shortage of criticism. But if one of your competitors or industry colleagues had decided to join the witch-hunt, it would have been equally unprofessional.

And FWIW, being called out for acting unprofessionally is not a passive aggressive threat, it's simply an opinion/observation...what you do with it is your choice.

Good luck with that.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Passive agressive threat? Are you for real? I'm stating an opinion nothing more, nothing less.

After the summer event, there certainly was no shortage of criticism. But if one of your competitors or industry colleagues had decided to join the witch-hunt, it would have been equally unprofessional.

And FWIW, being called out for acting unprofessionally is not a passive aggressive threat, it's simply an opinion/observation...what you do with it is your choice.

Good luck with that.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Maybe I was wrong. Thank you for your opinion. I will treasure it always.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Inappropriate...how so? Let's review:
1. Barry has extended himself in the past....checkbox
2. Barry still owes some money from previous years...checkbox
3. Barry has claimed all money in the past is locked down and this year there won't be a problem...checkbox
4. Barry has overstated the truth and found to be fibbing...checkbox
5. JCIN is an individual and free to express his opinion and not acting as a representative of CSI..checkbox

Nope. Your wrong. Now stop defending the undefendable.

Nick

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Inappropriate...how so? Let's review:
1. Barry has extended himself in the past....checkbox
2. Barry still owes some money from previous years...checkbox
3. Barry has claimed all money in the past is locked down and this year there won't be a problem...checkbox
4. Barry has overstated the truth and found to be fibbing...checkbox
5. JCIN is an individual and free to express his opinion and not acting as a representative of CSI..checkbox

Nope. Your wrong. Now stop defending the undefendable.

Nick

I am absolutely NOT defending Barry, his antics, or his business practices; you are 100% incorrect in your assertion that I am defending him. In fact I feel he deserves every bit of the criticism he receives.

However, when that criticism comes from a person who is closely associated with a competitor, even when it is done independently, makes both Justin and CSI look small and unprofessional. That is just my opinion. Obviously you and Justin disagree...and those are your opinions.

Good day.

Reactions: JAM

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I am absolutely NOT defending Barry, his antics, or his business practices; you are 100% incorrect in your assertion that I am defending him. In fact I feel he deserves every bit of the criticism he receives.

However, when that criticism comes from a person who is closely associated with a competitor, even when it is done independently, makes both Justin and CSI look small and unprofessional. That is just my opinion. Obviously you and Justin disagree...and those are your opinions.

Good day.

You might be right if JCIN indicated he represents CSI (IE SPEAKS FOR, Not simply works for CSI) and that CSI competes with BB. By the simple fact that they as well put on pool events doesn't necessarily make them competitors. As I recall Mark G has some sort of interest or association with Diamond. This didn't stop Barry from using Diamonds at his event. In short I think you are reaching.

Nick

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
You might be right if JCIN indicated he represents CSI (IE SPEAKS FOR, Not simply works for CSI) and that CSI competes with BB. By the simple fact that they as well put on pool events doesn't necessarily make them competitors. As I recall Mark G has some sort of interest or association with Diamond. This didn't stop Barry from using Diamonds at his event. In short I think you are reaching.

Nick

No Justin never indicated that he was speaking on behalf of CSi...and I noted that in my original post. However, I (and I'm guessing many others on AZB) know Justin exclusively through his work/ownership/association with TAR and CSI. So when Justin speaks, it is difficult to simply dissasociate his comments from CSI, especially when his comments happen to be pool related, and more specifically when they're related to the business of pool promoting. The fact is maybe nobody cares, and that's ok too.

And the term "competitor" is an absolutely appropriate and accurate term to describe two pool promoters. Just because two organizations may have some mutual interests, that in it and of itself generally does not disqualify them from being considered economic competitors. Now, if you were to tell me that Mark Griffin owns 50% of the U.S. open 9b...then I would possibly agree with you. And in that case, I would have probably considered Justin's comments to be a good natured attempt at self-deprecation.

Last edited:

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
"it's simply an opinion/observation" Nobody asked for it though? Right?

Nope, but fair warning, when you enter and post on a public Internet forum, it is highly likely that from time to time you will read and be exposed to observations and opinions that have not been directly solicited.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I think its hilarious, Justin.

I didn't think it was anything more than it is...which is a funny comment on the situation. Regardless of who you work for, when you're working, which I don't think you were doing when you posted this. For everyone's entertainment. Which is appreciated.

As for someone else in the thread, isn't the appropriate quote something like "lighten up, Francis"?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
No Justin never indicated that he was speaking on behalf of CSi...and I noted that in my original post. However, I (and I'm guessing many others on AZB) know Justin exclusively through his work/ownership/association with TAR and CSI. So when Justin speaks, it is difficult to simply dissasociate his comments from CSI, especially when his comments happen to be pool related, and more specifically when they're related to the business of pool promoting. The fact is maybe nobody cares, and that's ok too.

And the term "competitor" is an absolutely appropriate and accurate term to describe two pool promoters. Just because two organizations may have some mutual interests, that in it and of itself generally does not disqualify them from being considered economic competitors. Now, if you were to tell me that Mark Griffin owns 50% of the U.S. open 9b...then I would possibly agree with you. And in that case, I would have probably considered Justin's comments to be a good natured attempt at self-deprecation.

Fair enough. Sounds like you have at least thought it through. I don't happen to agree but can respect that.

As a side note I'm coming to Chicago this week on business and plan on hitting some balls. Other than Chris's can you recommend another place to play?

Nick

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Fair enough. Sounds like you have at least thought it through. I don't happen to agree but can respect that.

As a side note I'm coming to Chicago this week on business and plan on hitting some balls. Other than Chris's can you recommend another place to play?

Nick

Roger that.

Besides Chris's it's really a function of how far you're willing to travel. But here are some suggestions:

Red Shoes - probably the best action room left with lots of good regulars. Located in Alsip, 45 mins south of downtown.

City pool hall - smaller room with a mix of a dozen or so 8/9 foot gold crowns. Not much in terms of serious pool, but very convenient...located 5 minutes by cab from the loop. And they have food and a bar.

Pressure billiards...not a serious pool room, but they have about 10 nine footers, a bar and ok food. Located on the north side near the lake...20 min cab from the loop.

Billiard cafe...about a dozen nine foot gold crowns, can find some decent local players from time to time and cheap action. They have a 9ball tourney every thursday. It's located about 5 mins from Chris's. Food but no bar.

In the suburbs...

Pyramid club ... Huge room located in Western suburb of Addison.
Rack em up Billiards....decent room located in northern suburb of buffalo grove.

And in the exurbs...

Dave Cole's Carom Room - my favorite room within 100 miles of Chicago - Beloit, Wi
Romines - still a great room...Milwaukee.

If I may ask, Where abouts are you going to be staying?

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I feel Justin is just using a public forum to give perspective to the injustice of the event's pay outs, or lack there of. Is he twisting the truth with his meme, no not really.