Touching the ONE-BALL in a 9-Ball Rack Creates an ADVANTAGE - Is This "Cheating" ?

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
Key word there.

I agree. The reason I was guessing that was the announcers commented repeatedly about how he shouldn't be touching the balls during the streaming and I think one of them (Conway, maybe?) was associated with Ignacio. In fact, he said something to that effect as being the reason he wasn't commenting during the match as much.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
He knew that I knew and made no attempt to touch the one-ball again.

He asked Rob to rack one again. Rob did it without complaint.

I'm guessing someone informed Ignacio he should ask for another rack instead of touching a ball himself.

I played one of the current "superstars" in a tournament. After I racked he touched the one-ball, I looked at him and said "I'd appreciate it if you don't touch the one-ball with your hand."

The very next rack he did it again and my tone changed and so did my eye contact. I lowered my voice and said again, more sternly this time "I know what you're doing, DO NOT touch the one-ball again!!!"

He knew that I knew and made no attempt to touch the one-ball again.

I can't blame them for trying, but I do blame them for continuing after a warning. We had referees at a lot of our major events, besides it would have not been pleasant for a player to try to do that to Buddy Hall, Wade Crane or Allen Hopkins.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Turning Stone is rack for your opponent. But still when Nacho was racking for Robb he'd doodle the one ball..

Just saw the last couple of games didn't see any of the racking as I was in and out.
What happened was he doing that, and if he was did Saez say anything ???

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Allen doesn't take any flack. I respect him for that

Allen Hopkins doesn't seem tough to me back in the day.. Am I wrong?

Indeed, he's one of the toughest pool players I've ever met. He's such a nice guy you would never know it, but Allen doesn't take any flack. I respect him for that, and he's one of my all time favorite players because he's so diversified.
th

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
What Conway said was in reply to Upstate Al (I think) saying we're supposed to be
unbiased when commentating. Conway put Ignacio in the tournament and he was
trying to be unbiased, and said that's why he wasn't talking much.

Yeah, that's why I was guessing that he might have said something to Ignacio later about touching the 1 ball after his opponent racked.

But yes, it was just a guess.

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
I give up

OK, I give up. Shaw just asked Archer for another rack.

Maybe they need to start this tournament off next year with a clinic on how to rack. And yes, once again, that was sarcasm.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, I give up. Shaw just asked Archer for another rack.

Maybe they need to start this tournament off next year with a clinic on how to rack. And yes, once again, that was sarcasm.

So you only find fault in the person asking for a re-rack?

I watched half the Saez v Ignacio match and only once did Ignacio ask for a re-rack. all the other times he gave it a quick glance (which he should do!) and then he went to break. Saez glanced at the rack just as much. Morris just tried pulling some half ass lazy racking attempts and the guy called him out on it. Move on.