where to get jb cases in usa

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
What do you have. What are you thinking about for the 3rd. I have a 2/5black rugged and a 2/4 Jay Flowers. One is nicer than the other.

I have a 2x5:3x4 ultimate rugged in sand and a 1x2 in black. I'm looking for a 4c8 butterfly mainly, but really anything that catches my eye. I like his leather butterfly cases a lot, but I've never owned a butterfly case.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know you were not asking me, but I like showing off John's work. I love his cases and have had many over the years. I have a 4x8 Ultimate Rugged; a 4x8 butterfly that John's wife, Karen, made a matching purse for my wife; and a 3x6 beautiful leather case.
Thanks and good luck with your next purchases!

Dave
Beautiful cases. Good to see you're enjoying pool together.
I have a 2x5:3x4 ultimate rugged in sand and a 1x2 in black. I'm looking for a 4c8 butterfly mainly, but really anything that catches my eye. I like his leather butterfly cases a lot, but I've never owned a butterfly case.
Butterflys are great functional cases. Just be sure it's what you really want. JB's new website has few listed and ready to ship. Leather butterflies are nice and I'm tempted but I think it would be a rugged material type butterfly. Good luck whatever you get. Have fun.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Hey everyone thanks for helping out to point folks in the right direction.

We do have a new shop in OKC and are building up our stock.

In Stock cases can usually go out the same day M-F - www.jbcases.com/stock.html

Cases that are not in stock but have been previously made can usually be done in about four weeks.

We also have an online designer where you can design a Rugged case as you please.
www.jbcases.com/designer.html

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I'll be ordering my 6th, 2nd custom from John & Karen at the SBE. Probably order one of their travel bags too.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
A JB case is shipped from China where it is made to the dealer in the USA. Therefore you are paying for shipping between China and the USA and the cost is buried in the price of the case.

You might consider a case actually made in the USA by craftsmen whose quality is unmatched by Chinese labor. Then you are also only paying for shipping from within the USA for the case. Again, the cost of shipping is contained in the selling price of the item. There is no such thing as free shipping.

For fun, just google "chinese military buildup" and see what the trade deficit with China is buying for the Chinese. This deficit increases with every purchase of goods made in China.

Yes the shipping cost from China is included in the price. This really has nothing to do with the trade deficit though. And my little case company isn't going to make any difference in that.

What you are actually asking people to is to sacrifice quality and choice and value for the sake of a macroeconomic concept that doesn't benefit them. Asking them to sacrifice their desire for a well built protective case for your idea of the "greater good".

The immediate good is that the customer gets a case that costs him less each year he owns it, protects the cues extremely well every day, and offers him a virtually unlimited range of custom options all for the same price or less than cases which are made in America. The customer can then take the money saved and spend it on whatever else they want and need.

My shop is a small family-run business. Not a large factory, not even a small factory. We have two workshops where each custom case is built one at a time, no assembly line, lots and lots of hand-stitching, hand cutting, custom fitting by hand. My family works there alongside our other employees.

Yes, it's in China. I didn't move my case making to China I created it there in 2007 in my apartment. My now-mother-in-law was my first employee, she runs the shop now. I funded that adventure with my pay back then and we were just experimenting with new techniques, I drew them and cut the parts and she sewed them up. (my sewing is pretty sloppy)

So, I can understand your anti-China stance, it's ok to be afraid of the "other" but the fact of it is that China is also full of people who simply want to get through each day and live happy secure lives. If you want to make a difference I would suggest you start a competing case company and offer a better product for a comparable price.

You can buy a case of mine, tear it apart and do the math yourself on what it would take to be competitive. That's how you can win the business without begging people to just buy stuff based on where it's made. Build a better mousetrap.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thought I might show off a few cases we have done recently.

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_4055_zpshuhwz22n.JPG

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_20141220_100132_zpsqirswqwm.JPG

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A JB case is shipped from China where it is made to the dealer in the USA. Therefore you are paying for shipping between China and the USA and the cost is buried in the price of the case.

You might consider a case actually made in the USA by craftsmen whose quality is unmatched by Chinese labor. Then you are also only paying for shipping from within the USA for the case. Again, the cost of shipping is contained in the selling price of the item. There is no such thing as free shipping.

For fun, just google "chinese military buildup" and see what the trade deficit with China is buying for the Chinese. This deficit increases with every purchase of goods made in China.

Not cool bro. I'm not necessarily a fan of John Barton the man but I am a fan of quality ( JB CASES ). I can't disagree with you sentiment overall but in this case I do. John makes a very high quality case and at the price point that it's at it can't be beat, shipping or no shipping . I think things should be considered on a ( case by case basis - no pun intended lol ) and in this case I feel it's a good buy bar none !

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes misconceptions about china and quality....they can build cheap stuff and they can build expensive high quality stuff...just depends on the staff and the manufacturer specs.....Alot of high end fine furniture now days comes from china.....i bought some.....expensive but the quality was top notch. manufacturer used skilled labor and high grade components.

justtapitin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not begging anyone to do anything. If you wish to continue to help buy Chinese military hardware, have at it. Your sons and daughters will be looking down the barrels of the Chinese military soon. Your lack of concern I find shocking. Good thing you can't buy cheap oil and gas from ISIS or you'd do that too.

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am always surprised how warped some threads develop on here. After all, its April Fools Day!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not begging anyone to do anything. If you wish to continue to help buy Chinese military hardware, have at it. Your sons and daughters will be looking down the barrels of the Chinese military soon. Your lack of concern I find shocking. Good thing you can't buy cheap oil and gas from ISIS or you'd do that too.

Is Chinese food out? Show me the spare ribs.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Seems like we have already bought them a few hundred of those carriers AT LEAST doesn't it? We put it on our Mastercard but hey, that's the American way!!!

I think that they only have one carrier.