Pool Ball Collecting.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
You genuinely have an awesome collection, K2K. Many thanks to you, and everyone else, for sharing the photographs.

I ordered a new set today which might have one or two balls of interest with regards that issue we discussed via PM. I'll post up the pictures when possible.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
PS.

The orange and purple balls from your post number 79 could double up as a Snooker Plus set, K2K. I'm sure you are probably familiar with the game already, sir, but this was a game invented by Joe Davis in 1959 as a variation to snooker. The two balls were added to the table as extra colours and are worth eight and ten points respectively.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Rubik's Cube - always enjoy sharing. That's what this game is all about. Share and encourage and play!

And we're just getting started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS.

The orange and purple balls from your post number 79 could double up as a Snooker Plus set, K2K. I'm sure you are probably familiar with the game already, sir, but this was a game invented by Joe Davis in 1959 as a variation to snooker. The two balls were added to the table as extra colours and are worth eight and ten points respectively.

Yes, I am familiar with that version of Snooker Plus (210 for a maximum I believe) AND one can even play it on an 8' table (I've heard) if using only 6 or 10 reds 😁

Those Aramith purple and orange balls are from an extra Bonus Ball 99 set I posted earlier.

And using the 7 purple and 7 orange plus the black make for a great change-up for eight ball (or Blackball). The superb Aramith quality is apparent from as far back as I can find.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The entry level Aramith Continentals.

Street price around $50.

Numbers are printed onto the surface of the phenolic balls and play reasonably well considering the price and polish up nicely after play. The roundness and weight is surprisingly accurate and average 2.245" and166g.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458965159.427850.jpg

DA\/E

Good afternoon, Dave.

I do indeed have an interest in Rubik's Cube. Genius is a word bandied about far too casually these days, but I consider Erno Rubik to be the genuine article and his invention the greatest toy of the twentieth century.

I received a cube on my tenth birthday and it took me six to eight months to master. I'm not one of those savants who can complete it in ten seconds, alas, but have managed under a minute once or twice with luck.

Many thanks for your interest.

Nice work. Being able to solve the cube at all is a feat in itself. And then comes the challenge of the clock. I first solved the cube as a child in around 1983, and have recently taken it up again as a test of memory and dexterity. My PB is 16.07, although I average around 25. I have room to improve, considering the world record is now under 5 seconds.

The cube picture in your avatar does have some interesting traits, for instance there is a yellow and white coloured edge piece. Yellow is traditionally opposite white, so no such piece generally exists, especially in the western world, although I do believe some colour schemes in the east had yellow adjacent to white.

Anyway, I have enjoyed the pool ball collections. I have a few interesting ones myself, so if I can get motivated, I will take some photos and contribute to the discussion in a more "on topic" way.

Cheers -Dave.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those that haven't seen the Aramith STONE collection on a table or played them, they are one of those "better in person" sets. Due to the design, they show less impact marks, chalk or abrasions then the Tournaments. Just a different look.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1459177005.637697.jpg

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Thanks again, K2K. You're keeping the thread alive with your wonderful collection and it's much appreciated.

The stone set has been on my wish list for some time. How are you getting along regards the Sterling balls?

Kind regards,
RC.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And these Aramith Great Whites have a subtle shark pattern - resembling a hologram under the right lighting; subtle yet distinctive - these would be perfect for those with a pool room beach view

3d6ed97cb86c50d8a81122fd354e3e84.jpg

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I'm quite selective in my collecting, favouring the old style number font and logos in the usual spot.

Despite being a massive Pacman fan these balls from Australia don't really float my boat, they're a bit too amateurish in their design in my view. I'd much prefer a small Pacman or ghost logo as a substitute for the numbers.

23uzznk.jpg

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm quite selective in my collecting, favouring the old style number font and logos in the usual spot.

Despite being a massive Pacman fan these balls from Australia don't really float my boat, they're a bit too amateurish in their design in my view. I'd much prefer a small Pacman or ghost logo as a substitute for the numbers.

23uzznk.jpg

Are those 2" like the usual Australian offerings?

Let's see a short video of those rolling on the table 😬

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a "fun" set appropriately suited for your brother-in-law that loves hunting when he swings by for a game. Call the 8 ball game SAFARI and he'll smile all night trying to kill that 8 ball

7f047cbfb0fb6b7e3b32c66ad2c545eb.jpg

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I have a set of Lettered balls, new,never hit in the box with the rules of the word game you play with them.

Good evening, sir.

I've seen the letter set crop up occasionally on Ebay. Can you share a photograph, perhaps?

Kind regards,
RC.