Alex vs Alain Martel

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alain appears to be taking a page outta Earls book -- playing Alex now in Canadian 10 ball championship -- stream is here

http://www.cbsa.ca/

Capture.jpg

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex grinds back to 9 to 9. He's at table and makes a good full tabke safe on 1 ball... bear hits or and leaves long cut shot. 5 looks tied up. Got a lot of game left .

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex wins.

Those are some seriously huge pockets...

Not sure who's left on B side. Johnny Morra and his dad were on that side. They gotta update brackets.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Morra beat Pagulayan 13-3 in the 10-Ball finals! Wish I had seen that. Did the lopsided score result from great play by Morra, or something else?

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Morra beat Pagulayan 13-3 in the 10-Ball finals! Wish I had seen that. Did the lopsided score result from great play by Morra, or something else?

I watched it from 6-3 to the end.

The major difference was the break. Alex was either breaking dry or not getting a decent shot on the low ball, whereas Johnny was making balls and getting shape on the one (and running out). The break was also the difference in his finals loss to Klatt in the 8 ball, IMHO.

Sorry, At Large - no stats for you.

Also, Alex's safety games was not up to its usual excellent standard and he sold out a few times.

Still, a first (9b) and 2 second place finishes is pretty sporty.

Gideon

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those pockets were sewers. Had to be 5 inches in corners. Lots of big runouts. Alternating break on a table like that, it's tough to make a comeback.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I watched it from 6-3 to the end.

The major difference was the break. Alex was either breaking dry or not getting a decent shot on the low ball, whereas Johnny was making balls and getting shape on the one (and running out). The break was also the difference in his finals loss to Klatt in the 8 ball, IMHO.

Sorry, At Large - no stats for you.

Also, Alex's safety games was not up to its usual excellent standard and he sold out a few times.

Still, a first (9b) and 2 second place finishes is pretty sporty.

Gideon

Thanks. Yup, 1-2-2 for Alex and 1-2-4 for John. Both pretty sporty!