Frost pissed off the Lion, discussing pool etiquette

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since the upcoming frost Reyes match has already been brought up I'll say this, I bet that Scott figured this was the time to make a huge game with efren because he's close to retiring from the cut throat high stakes world of pool, in my opinion of course, but when he finally does I'm sure we ll still see Efren around big events but his competitiveness will most likely decline therefore when he decides to step down from competing at the highest level he obviously won't be playing anymore 3day grind fests for 50k. Again I'm assuming Scott thought he was a genius for jumping on a giant that's stepping away from the game, however with the most recent one pocket showings we've seen from efren I'd say Scott probably is regretting making this match.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep he won the match and the 50k that was in the middle it just took 5 days to do it lol

I think this happened about the 3rd day it really wasn't just one thing Scott said it was 3 days of complaining about the rolls and luck that got Alex pissed.

This was one hell of a match the play was amazing from both players this has to be one of the greatest one pocket matches ever caught on video imo.

From just this video, it sounds like Scott was talking (perhaps *****ing) while Alex was shooting, although none of that is on the clip.

Scott then complains that Alex had said something after Scott came back from a break like "you'd be in trouble if I knew how to play this game", which could sound self-deprecating to some but Scott obvious took another way (i.e., Alex suggesting he is much better than Scott but Scott is only competitive because he knows more). Scott suggests he lost three games because of that. Alex seems to say that whatever he (Alex) said it wasn't while Scott was shooting.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott will always complain about the rolls. It's in his dna.

I'm a little surprised at the middle finger jester he gave Alex right at the beginning when Scott walks around Alex. Talk about acting your age.

He flips off Alex, then tells him to act his age. Nice.
Alex didn't see it lol

Capture.JPG

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Everytime i have seen Frost, hes always complaining. If i didnt know better, id think he was related to Earl. Earl is at least entertaining while he complains. Frost is just a whiner.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
I don't know either of them from Adam. World Class players both. With that being said, I've never heard about Alex being much of a tough guy, whiner, mover and the like. Yet some of the very best players in AZ have told me it is common behavior for Scott. For some reason, I don't doubt that.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yep he won the match and the 50k that was in the middle it just took 5 days to do it lol

I think this happened about the 3rd day it really wasn't just one thing Scott said it was 3 days of complaining about the rolls and luck that got Alex pissed.

This was one hell of a match the play was amazing from both players this has to be one of the greatest one pocket matches ever caught on video imo.

That's insane 5 day match
Nice payout for the winner, that's half of really good yrs pay for me Geez

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Now Frost has his match with Efren Reyes next month in July with the same pot amount but win by 2 instead of 8 with Alex. I wonder if he's gonna say Efren got lucky too LOL.
9d9e6b41b64f086465aec16f0a7e9af2.jpg

Scott has made it very clear that he is ready to play anybody on the planet other than Alex for the cash.

Efren is the only guy that stepped up to play Scott in a big money match and wow what a match this should be epic.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Given their rivalry, I thought it might be interesting to compile a list of Pagulayan vs. Frost one-pocket (only) matches. Those I could find are listed below. If you are certain of others, let me know and I'll add them to the list. Also let me know if anything on the list is incorrect. The name given is the winner.

Jan. 2003 -- DCC, Frost 3-1

Jan. 2005 -- DCC, Frost 3-2

Jan. 2010 -- DCC, Frost 3-0

2011 -- California Billiards Club, Pagulayan 3-0

May 2011 -- US Open, Pagulayan 4-?

Jan. 2012 -- DCC, Pagulayan 3-1

Feb. 2013 -- 8-ahead challenge match, Pagulayan (one poster said 11-3 or 12-4)

Apr. 2013 -- Accu-Stats MIH Invitational, Frost 3-2

Apr. 2014 -- Accu-Stats MIH Invitational, Frost 3-2

May 2015 -- Buffalo Billiards, Pagulayan 5-3 hotseat and 5-1 finals

June 2015 -- 8-ahead challenge match, Pagulayan 55-47

June 2015 -- Accu-Stats MIH Invitational, Frost 3-2

[date? -- 5-ahead challenge match, Pagulayan]

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you ever get a chance to sit court side at NBA game or near the field of a NFL game don't even mention soccer you'll hear far worse ever other second from beginning to end.

Alex and Scott aren't friends and that's good fro the game. When they paly we know its on the square and someone aint going to like it.

NBA, NFL, MLB all having PR nightmares, drugs, guns, spousal abusers, but the games keep getting bigger and more profitable, strange isn't it?

Pool just needs some big name people who fall in Love with it or a someone who has star power outside of people to attract attention to the game and the Money will come. Everybody in the world knew who Minnesota Fats was and he wasn't close the best player at any game.

Funny you mention this as I'm watching the NFL top 10 revenge games and one of the first thing they mention it's great for the sport when opponents don't like each other ,,
It's great theater and surely would bring in even more viewrs if they played again in fact
I would use Scott flipping Alex the finger as my promotion pic

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny you mention this as I'm watching the NFL top 10 revenge games and one of the first thing they mention it's great for the sport when opponents don't like each other ,,
It's great theater and surely would bring in even more viewrs if they played again in fact
I would use Scott flipping Alex the finger as my promotion pic

Alex and Scott are both playing in the Big Dogs One Pocket event in two weeks good chance we might get a chance to see them play each other in that.

Bossman225

Registered
I just don't get it though. I didn't get to meet Alex in new Orleans a couple weeks ago but I seen scott. He's an ass just like earl. I understand that being one of the best in the world is a big weight on your shoulders but why the attitude? I didn't even want to talk to Scott because I know how he is and I'm not one to take any lip from a smart ass. I've always heard good things about Alex and how he carries himself on and away from the table.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my first time seeing Alex openly upset with another player. Does anyone know the full story? Like what comment Frost made to him?

https://youtu.be/aVyNAmhKbm0

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

First off: let me take back what I said about Frost not being "classy."
(Note the word is in quotes, so I don't necessarily mean the actual word of classy.

The way to find out about a person is to watch him/her under stress.
When I watch Frost barking back and forth with Alex,
I notice Frost maintains his composure.
Doesn't get overly upset.
He actually seems to show a semblance of diffusing the situation.
Frost is not stupid.
He is telling Alex how it is and keeping it real.

To me, Alex is losing his cool by raising his voice and swearing. Bad form.
I can't imagine this is the first time this has happened with him.
He is an emotional player. You can see the emotion coming out of him.

Frost is absolutely correct in what he is telling Alex. Grow up Alex!

Frost has earned a little respect from me after watching this video.
Forget the game: Frost has already beat Alex here on the ethical issue.

Last edited:

PocketPooler

Silver Member
I just don't get it though. I didn't get to meet Alex in new Orleans a couple weeks ago but I seen scott. He's an ass just like earl. I understand that being one of the best in the world is a big weight on your shoulders but why the attitude? I didn't even want to talk to Scott because I know how he is and I'm not one to take any lip from a smart ass. I've always heard good things about Alex and how he carries himself on and away from the table.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

You're spot on, my man. Im all about a class act. Speaks volumes about your character. Alex is loaded. Scott should ask Alex for lessons. Scott reminds me of the typical pool room scumbag that nobody likes but tolerates just to keep his mouth at bay and level ambience. I barely go to pool rooms anymore because of DBs like that. But, you really cant go anywhere without seeing a few of these types.