I wonder why so few members or lurkers visit the WTB section.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
You say you don't need that drama in your life but yet here you are arguing or putting
someone down. Crap like this just amazes me.

I didn't think I was arguing or putting him down. I was trying to explain why by nature the WTB section is not active, and the thread morphed into sales history with the OP. He used anecdotal evidence of his merchandise sales history to expect a certain price on merchandise from others, and I am expressing my opinion that it might be more complicated considering his history just this week with making deals.

Read the guy's post again. He is saying people want 1k cues for 100. He never said people are in that section offering 1k cues for 100.

I am not leaving this thread until we are all up to speed.

I am really confused now. I do not remember saying that. Be honest though, if someone were to offer you a 1k cue for a $100, would you say something like "no thanks, you are offering way too much for way too little of a price"? I never asked, or expected any type of offers like that in the past. I did say something like "I have a certain amount of money to spend, and I just want a really nice player, and I do not care about the condition of the cue, just so it is fairly straight". I never expected any really nice offers. Just looking for a fair deal (that is all), but most people are extremely cheap about how much they think a used cue is worth, and then if they had that same cue up for sale, then it would be way over priced (in my opinion). A very nice Dayton cue was recently sold for $450 (I assume, because the same cue was offered to me for $450) on here, and now a seller is asking $800 for that same exact cue. Just trying to make a point.

Last edited:

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
I am really confused now. I do not remember saying that. Be honest though, if someone were to offer you a 1k cue for a $100, would you say something like "no thanks, you are offering way too much for way too little of a price"?

He was making a generalized comment, not talking about you personally.

I got notified by several people who knew our deal, laughing at me for "falling into the Justin trap" after they saw the thread.

I thought I was helping out a fellow player in need, not helping the Taylor Swift of AZBilliards write another song.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I do not see how that is possible. The only 2 people that could have possibly knew about the deal was me and the seller. I did not mention the sellers name (or ID), or any details about the item in question, or the price, so how is that possible?

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
I do not see how that is possible. The only 2 people that could have possibly knew about the deal was me and the seller. I did not mention the sellers name (or ID), or any details about the item in question, or the price, so how is that possible?

I think it was possible after your thread unraveled with ideologist giving the truth.

I didn't think I was arguing or putting him down. I was trying to explain why by nature the WTB section is not active, and the thread morphed into sales history with the OP. He used anecdotal evidence of his merchandise sales history to expect a certain price on merchandise from others, and I am expressing my opinion that it might be more complicated considering his history just this week with making deals.

My threads always get morphed into other topics, because people always change the subject. I asked about 1 thing, and everyone starts talking about something else (off topic). It always happens in my threads. If people would just stick to the topic that I ask about, then this would not happen. I am starting to wish that I could be an anonymous poster. I bet that everyone would then just answer the question or questions that I asked, and nothing else. But even if that were possible, I bet you guys would still know who was posting (by my unique way of posting), right?

Last edited:

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member

Yeah, well it is a fact that nobody knew until he himself posted 100% of all of the details in my thread.

We all know that only the two of you knew about the deal. And then once ideologist revealed he was the seller on the thread, other people knew about it. That's how it's possible that other people knew about it.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am really confused now. I do not remember saying that. Be honest though, if someone were to offer you a 1k cue for a $100, would you say something like "no thanks, you are offering way too much for way too little of a price"? I never asked, or expected any type of offers like that in the past. I did say something like "I have a certain amount of money to spend, and I just want a really nice player, and I do not care about the condition of the cue, just so it is fairly straight". I never expected any really nice offers. Just looking for a fair deal (that is all), but most people are extremely cheap about how much they think a used cue is worth, and then if they had that same cue up for sale, then it would be way over priced (in my opinion). A very nice Dayton cue was recently sold for $450 (I assume, because the same cue was offered to me for $450) on here, and now a seller is asking $800 for that same exact cue. Just trying to make a point.

Go back and really read the post that you replied to, you are not comprehending.

Some body posts in the wtb forum looking for a magic cue, valued at 1K. Seller replies that he has such a magical cue.
The creator of wtb thread then offers $100 for cue. Understand?

Last edited:
We all know that only the two of you knew about the deal. And then once ideologist revealed he was the seller on the thread, other people knew about it. That's how it's possible that other people knew about it.

Yeah, that is my point. The seller and the details were unknown until the seller himself replied with all of the details about the deal.

Go back and really read the post that you replied to, you are not comprehending.

Some body posts in the wtb forum looking for a magic cue, valued at 1K. Seller replies that he has such a magical cue.
The creator of wtb thread then offers $100 for cue. Understand?

Okay, now you have things completely turned around. I would never offer $100 to a seller who is asking $1k for their cue. But, I would happily accept an offer (if a person were to offer me their cue, that might be worth $1k, for a $100), but I know that would never happen, and I would never ask for any such offer, or expect it. You and the other person seem to have things completely turned the other way around.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
It should be titled WYG Section, Want You to Give section. I've responded to several of the threads and it never fails that the OP is always looking for a 1k item for $100. Brian.

I am not that stupid. People do not offer 1k cues for a $100. Most of the stuff people offer is overprices in my opinion. By the way, I can't remember you offering me anything for $100. Just because I may not have been interested in what you had to offer, does not mean that I was looking for a 1k cue for a $100. You may have offered me something like a DP cue, which I would not have wanted at any price.

Okay, now you have things completely turned around. I would never offer $100 to a seller who is asking $1k for their cue. But, I would happily accept an offer (if a person were to offer me their cue, that might be worth $1k, for a $100), but I know that would never happen, and I would never ask for any such offer, or expect it. You and the other person seem to have things completely turned the other way around.

You have me dizzy with these circles

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

You're a funny funny guy!

You have me dizzy with these circles

Okay, I will try this one last time, so that hopefully you do not get dizzy.

If you had a cue that you were asking $1k for, I would not insult you with a $100 offer (or any offer at all, because that would be way out of my price range).

But, if you were to see my WTB ad (if it said something like "WTB a cue for a $100" for example), and if you were to offer me a $1k Schon (for example) for the amount that I could afford, in my price range (which would be $100, if I had an ad like that in the WTB section), then yeah, sure, I would be very happy to accept your generous offer, and would be very grateful for your offer (and would accept it, the same as most others on here probably would).

I am not out to rip anyone off though.

If someone wants to make me a very generous offer, then they may do that, but I would never insult anyone with an offer that is completely out of line.

If they reply to my WTB ad, and I do not like the cue they are offering, or if it is out of my price range, or if I think it is not worth the money that they are asking, then I either say no thanks, or I make an offer on that item (an offer that I feel is reasonable).

Do you understand what I am saying?

Last edited: