Watching Streams - Poll

% of time you prefer the camera zoomed out showing multiple tables?

• 0%

Votes: 46 46.0%
  • 10%

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • 20%

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • 30%

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 40%

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 60%

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 70%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80%

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 90%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100%

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
a

I always zoom out or around.

I get the bar, the tournament desk, the photos on the walls, the crowd and spectators, the other players, the other tables, zoom in on close hits, jump shots etc.

Thats just me.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
0% for me. I want to watch the match and could care less about some idiot trying to scoop a jump shot. :D Where is that clown emoji? :eek:uttahere:

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, it all depends who's playing on the featured table and the tables surrounding it. For example, during the turning stone tournament when karen korr and that young russian feller (his name is eluding me atm) were on the stream table mike d and earl were playing across the room, I enjoyed watching the match but it would have been nice to be able to kind of see how the other match was playing out. But that was also across the room, sooo yeah, I spose I'll gratefully take whatever I can get as far as free streams go, we're pretty fortunate to be able watch live matches, specially fo free!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Two things Dub..(and other zero percenter's)

A...Free streamers production quality and camera work, (except for Fast Lenny) will usually
not be as good as the 'higher end' PPV guys! :grin:

B...Its much easier to follow, if you learn the color of the balls!..... Hint; the cue ball will always
be white.(JK Dub) :grin:

The white one, huh? Maybe thats why I struggle with this game so much, who knew? :p

I get the point about the free streams versus the higher end guys, that is kinda why I noted it. I understand. I simply don't know if I would be able to see it a whole lot better on Accustats or not, and thats ok too. Just illustrating why I would rather try to look at one table.

And I agree with you on the colors. Hell, in one of the rooms we play in, the lighting is bad enough that I can't tell the 2, 4, 6 or 8 if I'm too far away from the table. Even when I'm the one playing, I sometimes walk a couple steps to peek at one to make sure. :eek:

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
I also wish most of the PPV's were more affordable..I think a lower price, would possibly generate even more income for the streamer..For example, maybe getting only fifty viewers to spring for $50 ea., versus possibly attracting 150 or 200 viewers @ $25 ea.! ..The production cost will always remain the same!

This is not the case. The more viewers you have, the more it costs the streamer to provide the bandwidth. If you have 200 viewers - it costs considerably more to stream that if you have 50 viewers.

Our last PPV, 'Busty vs Chohan' cost over $7k to produce. This includes everyone else's salaries and profit sharing. The bandwidth cost us almost $1,300.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I voted 30%

I just don't believe that if SVB and Alex were playing on the table next to the main stream table people wouldn't want a look over every once in a while..

Honestly I can, and I just did. So what # were you looking for anyway? Gee, wonder who that lone 1 vote for the 100% was???

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Our last PPV, 'Busty vs Chohan' cost over $7k to produce. This includes everyone else's salaries and profit sharing. The bandwidth cost us almost $1,300.

And that's probably without amortizing the cost of your equipment. It wasn't free...and it won't last forever.

Just a quick add to my earlier comment: If the players are taking an extended break (3+ minutes) it's okay to pan around the room or try to get an angle on another table. But it's distracting when it's done between games; when I watch a match I like to become as focused as the players.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I am a clownish type of person for sure. No question there.. But I can promise you less than 10% of the zero voters truly wish to be locked in tight on the main table 100% of the time. Think about it, you paid to watch pool action, so the more action the better, right?

I get if though, there probably are a few people who only want to see the main table 100%. But that percentage isn't near as high as this poll might suggest.

I'm not mad if you don't like my poll.

Looks like you turned out to be the clown, since 0 got more than everything else combined as of this moment, 27-21.

But it is always great to try to shame and name-call people who do not think exactly as you do.

Until it gets turned around on YOU.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

Don't be mad. We like your poll.

We just don't like that you aren't willing to accept the poll's results for what they are. It's like posters who ask "How much is this cue worth?" and then argue with (and insult) people who state a value that's less than the poster assumed. It's rude and unprofessional.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Don't be mad. We like your poll.

We just don't like that you aren't willing to accept the poll's results for what they are. It's like posters who ask "How much is this cue worth?" and then argue with (and insult) people who state a value that's less than the poster assumed. It's rude and unprofessional.

It's clear from his reaction that this poll wasn't put up to get a take on others views but done in hopes that the results would validate HIS view.

It's the same with the people you mention in regards to cue value. As you stated they have an assumption of what it's worth & don't truly ask to get others opinions of what the value TRULY is. They are looking for someone to validate THEIR opinion of what it's worth.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not the case. The more viewers you have, the more it costs the streamer to provide the bandwidth. If you have 200 viewers - it costs considerably more to stream that if you have 50 viewers.

Wow..I had no clue about the bandwidth cost, Daniel..Sure changes my perspective. I do know some of the pitfalls of streaming, as I'm good friends with Lenny, but I guess that particular subject never came up!

PS..May I ask how many viewers it took to incur a $1300.00 BW cost? (if its none of my business, just say so..no problem)

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted 30%

I just don't believe that if SVB and Alex were playing on the table next to the main stream table people wouldn't want a look over every once in a while..

Yes I probably would rather see svb and Alex but not at the expense of an awkward camera angle or cutting back and forth from the main match I was watching. I will add this, if before a match had started or during an extended break or after the match no problem with camera panning around room to show the place .

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a clownish type of person for sure. No question there.. But I can promise you less than 10% of the zero voters truly wish to be locked in tight on the main table 100% of the time. Think about it, you paid to watch pool action, so the more action the better, right?

I get if though, there probably are a few people who only want to see the main table 100%. But that percentage isn't near as high as this poll might suggest.

I'm not understanding. I voted 20% because I figured maybe I'd want it zoomed out if there was no one playing on the main table (like between matches).

You don't seem to be happy with these results though. You were expecting it to be 70%+ but it's not.

Did you lose a bet or something? Were you trying to prove a point to a friend that didn't work out? You seem fairly unhappy about how this poll has turned out.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I really think the priority of streaming should be the game at hand. No reason to check out whats going on in the hall when the match is in full-swing.

If Alex Pagulayan starts lighting farts on the rail to shark someone he has bet against.... then yeah, I would allow for that kind of coverage. Otherwise, stick to the match por favor.

Lesh

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Yes I probably would rather see svb and Alex but not at the expense of an awkward camera angle or cutting back and forth from the main match I was watching. I will add this, if before a match had started or during an extended break or after the match no problem with camera panning around room to show the place .

I agree with this..that's why I voted 10%. I realize the Tournament director decides who gets on the stream table, but maybe some input from the streamer would be wise?

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with this..that's why I voted 10%. I realize the Tournament director decides who gets on the stream table, but maybe some input from the streamer would be wise?

I feel this way about football too.

If I'm at a bar with a bunch of TVs, that's great. But when I only have one TV, like at home, I'm watching one game. During the commercials I might switch to see what's happening on the other games, but I'm not going to keep switching back and forth during. And I'm not a fan of PIP at all.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Obviously no one prefers 0% all of the time, these people are being clowns as usual. Can't have a decent poll around here. This place is going to hell...

Have a nice week..

Not true.

At my age, focusing has become one of my biggest problems, so I appreciate having only one table to study during a match. I try to transfer that type focus to my own play.

I would like to be able to see the score, though, on those little turn-page scorekeepers.

I'm not clowning around here, seriously.

Jeff Livingston

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Wow..I had no clue about the bandwidth cost, Daniel..Sure changes my perspective. I do know some of the pitfalls of streaming, as I'm good friends with Lenny, but I guess that particular subject never came up!

PS..May I ask how many viewers it took to incur a $1300.00 BW cost? (if its none of my business, just say so..no problem)

Information doesn't always come so easy.