If You Were to Start Learning an Artistic Stroke...

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I've always wanted to try some of the artistic shots but never wanted to beat up anyone's table. Now that I have my own, I don't want to beat that one up either...

What are your thoughts on using a 4x4" snippet from the old Simonis 300 that came off the table that Yura left with me as a little pad under the balls I start striking at, while I learn? I'm thinking it would be like using a piece under a cue during a break shot in pool, which is widely considered to be of benefit to the room owner and also not something that negatively affects the quality of the break shot itself.

Any thoughts from y'all on how much that would affect actually the cue ball behaving the way it otherwise would without the extra cloth?

Obviously it's worth doing even if I'm not making the points, but I suppose I consider it more an academic point -- if you put a piece under, say, Sayginer's ball, would it affect his shot making in any large way?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
You should ask this on Bert's billiard page on facebook

You'll get responses from people that actually do this or will be able to guide you

Here you will not get such answers, unless Bert himself posts

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should ask this on Bert's billiard page on facebook

You'll get responses from people that actually do this or will be able to guide you

beneath_the_sur, part of what you say is true,

You'll get responses from people that actually do this or will be able to guide you.
These comments are totally wrong and not respecting Our AZBilliards Members... Here just a few name members HomeBrewer could PM or they could answer in this post (Jean Reverchon, Mazin Shooni, Jamison Neu, Eric Yow, Bob Jewett and Florian 'VENOM' Kohler. and probably a few more not mention). beneath_the_su, if you don't know these names you don't need to be in carom.

HomeBrewer could even contact http://www.ciba-online.net/ and ask that question.

Why do you think all trickshots are done after the tournament?

As you stated in another post you got more post than me LOL!LOL! check your math!!

The RatF@@Ker speaking

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
And how many of those people have posted in this thread? Before you go asking them to
Seriously, venom kohler?when does he post in the caroms?

Martin van ree is the most active artistic carom poster, and he posts once in a blue moon

You might end up being the first poster in the caroms forum I put on ignore list , talking about who don't need to be in the caroms section, you don't post anything about what's going on in the actual professional level, are you even subscribed on kozoom? Actually Ya I'm just going to put you on ignore now so I won't have to suffer you any longer,

Berts page is where to get higher amount of response from a real Carom playing community, that will actually comment being as it has so many active members

Last edited:

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason, use the square of cloth under the ball. I shoot the artistic program (well, I try) and I use the patch -- doesn't affect the shot. Frankly, most of the shots do not require the patch, only the masse shots and you aren't ready to try the "grand masse" anyway. The program does NOT permit silicone on the balls, so forget that. Semih doesn't even use it in his exhibitions anymore (he used to but no longer).

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And how many of those people have posted in this thread? Before you go asking them to
Seriously, venom kohler?when does he post in the caroms?

Martin van ree is the most active artistic carom poster, and he posts once in a blue moon

You might end up being the first poster in the caroms forum I put on ignore list , talking about who don't need to be in the caroms section, you don't post anything about what's going on in the actual professional level, are you even subscribed on kozoom? Actually Ya I'm just going to put you on ignore now so I won't have to suffer you any longer,

Berts page is where to get higher amount of response from a real Carom playing community, that will actually comment being as it has so many active members

If I don't have a membership in USBA, Then why would I subscribe on kozoom, I got Youtube!!!

It be wonderful to be on your ignore list :groucho::wave: