T8 led bulb help

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Wonderful for you and your Canon.

The photo I posted was realistic.
Realistic because it was adjusted by AWB.
Take a picture under green office lights and they will look realistic because of AWB.

Sorry, but our mind also adjusts these colors for us to look white.

The first "white" LED 's were very white but with distinct, easily seen blue tint.
They are inexpensive to manufacture so they show up in retail lamps.

Now there are many temps of "White" LED's available but cost more to produce.

Incandescent Edison Light Bulbs are 2,400K
Soft White 2,700K - 3,000K
Cool White 3,500K - 4,100K Office Lighting
Daylight 5,000K - 6,500K

All three of these lamps "look" white because the camera adjusts the "White Balance".

Attachments

• IMG_0937.PNG
    IMG_0937.PNG
    64.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your eyes and camera are adjusting for the color temp of the lamps.

Take a picture with the "White Balance" set to outdoors.
Then take a picture.

Anyone remember taking film pictures in an office and the pictures looked very Green under "cool white" fluorescents?
or how your skin looked under cheap fluorescents? Green?

Our eyes adjust somewhat to a 5000K or 6000K lamp and we think looks nice and bright.
Daylight lamps are very cool and bluish.
Long term your eyes will be stressed.

That's why old Pool cloth looks "New" under Blue 5000/6000K lighting.

I work at HD and talked to customer who said lighting designer engineer and she said Daylight is a full spectrum light and good for your eyes!
She said she prefers daylight bulbs and recessed lights now for the modern look?
I have diamond light with 3 led bright white lights retrofitted inside box .
with tournament blue cloth installed by diamond installers plays and looks great?
I guess it depends on color of cloth you have to choose color of light ?
I would not bother with t8 led retrofit expensive and cost savings between them and t8 tubes are not much !
I have seen many returns of those led tubes at my store?
have fun harry master electrician

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Does anyone sell 8 foot long LED lights for over my 9 foot table and to replace my 8 foot flourecent tubes?
Thanks
Kevin
Go to a local Electical Supply House. They will have the most selection and knowledge.
Search the web. Took me 5 minutes to get you the two links I've given you.
There where dozens of others on google.

*** Be aware that the light comes from only one side of most tubes and is very directional.***
Also check the color Temp of any LED.
Around 4000K is the most like house lighting.
Some are 5000K to 6000K. They are very cool white and look blue-white.

Home Depot
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...ight-Fixtures-with-LED-Kit-54296164/206063439

https://www.ledmyplace.com/products...KUrdwOCZf3CEeVMdBxCZ4dqWwwo0vCTN_khoCRsDw_wcB

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Diamond table has 5000 lumen 5k temp
Don't look blue don't blind it's diffused

Sogaard table 6000 lumen 5k temp
Don't blind don't look blue
I get that these must bug that guy because he goes on and on about it, but
They do not blind in any way, they are diffused, the only blue you see is only in certain photos from certain camera's, some people seem to love making a big deal out of everything I swear
Back shadows are from taking a photo of light, using light lol
Do you think the light chooses to project all towards the camera and in the back don't?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I am using the Home Depot ones. They are 2x4. Roughly $100 each. Using 2 of them and have no complaints. They are mounted directly to my 10' ceiling. Although this is generally too high, I find no problem with them whatsoever. They are entered to the table so at 8' total they cover the full length of the play surface. The panels are edge lit by strips of LED's on each end and the panel is diffused. They give a nice even light. No complaints. With that said I REALLY want a Brunswick Gold Crown light. Can be hard to find and expensive if you do find so I have been designing one in AutoCAD and will release rose plans to the community when I am comfortable with the design. Even then I will occupy the light housing with LED panels. Hard to go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Diamond table has 5000 lumen 5k temp
Don't look blue don't blind it's diffused

Sogaard table 6000 lumen 5k temp
Don't blind don't look blue

I get that these lights must bug that guy because he goes on and on about it.
Only because your are only interested in pushing your panels as if they are the Only LED light available.

The only blue you see is only in certain photos from certain camera's.
You finally admit that 5000K and 6000K is too blue!
Yes, as explained before the camera's AWB (Auto White Balance) compensates for the very blue cool white light as does our brain.

What Color temps are used in office buildings and homes?
Not Daylight or Bright White at 5000K and 6000K.
More like 3500K-4000K.
Much more pleasing to the eye.

Some people seem to love making a big deal out of everything I swear.
Some people refuse to stay current with new advances in LED technology.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
when did i ever say they were the only led product available

where the hell did you pull that from? those are what i sell so those are what i push

what i said is they APPEAR BLUE ONLY IN CERTAIN PHOTOS FROM CERTAIN CAMERAS
i dont care whats used in office buildings and homes, im not selling to them

I sell them in all ranges and people never ask for the off whites, and alot ask about 2 panels
DO THE PHOTOS I POSTED LOOK BLUE, go back to my sale thread and point out how many look blue
AGAIN WHATS PLEASING TO YOUR EYE IS NOT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS, who do you think you are?

geez the ignore list grows today, and its a doozy

Last edited:

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
<snip>

What Color temps are used in office buildings and homes?
Not Daylight or Bright White at 5000K and 6000K.
More like 3500K-4000K.
Much more pleasing to the eye.

How many homes and offices have walls or floors that are the same color as pool table cloth?

You're telling people that their own lived experiences with their lights over their pool tables are wrong, and that you are the arbiter of objective truth in this matter.

You aren't.

The 5000K lights over a tournament blue cloth are outstanding, and their brightness actually reduced my eye fatigue, since the balls were much easier to see and shadows reduced.

How many homes and offices have walls or floors that are the same color as pool table cloth?

You're telling people that their own lived experiences with their lights over their pool tables are wrong, and that you are the arbiter of objective truth in this matter.

You aren't.

The 5000K lights over a tournament blue cloth are outstanding, and their brightness actually reduced my eye fatigue, since the balls were much easier to see and shadows reduced.

Home lights and office lights evolved out of necessity. The filament of an incandescent light is heated up till it glows. It just so happens it puts out an orangeish appearance. It was always acceptable because before the light bulb it was gas lamp and candles. Colors were not an option in those days. Today you can get the rainbow with LED technology and even then the development hasn't been around that long. I remember what a break it was when blue LED's came out. With the advancement of the resins used the LED technology and color shifting you can get any color that suits you. Personally I lean towards the higher end of the white spectrum. Too me it gives colors (in this case the balls, cloth and cues) a more realistic color. Meaning it's what my eyes interpret as a pleasing natural light.

Fluorescent lighting is the worst possible lighting you could use. It flickers. Not to mention they can be noisy. But if you wanted to light a large area, this was the obvious price effective solution. In my opinion incandescent and fluorescent should go the way of the 8 track tape.

When I placed my lights I had to modify the power entry. Which meant I had to take them apart. In doing so when I reassembled them and put the first one up the color was a very dim orangeish. Very incandescent looking. I was like WTF? I fired up another panel and it was the brighter whiter color I expected. Seems that when I put the first one back together I reversed the diffuser. This changed the spectrum and light scatter. Lighting is a black magic of sorts. I know enough or not enough to be dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
It's Science, Bro.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

It's Science, not an opinion.

That's because there are more lumens, not because of the color temp.

Read up on Lamp Color Temperatures.
The Science applies to everything not just pool table cloth.
Maybe you might believe what Manufacturers of Lamps say?.......

Westinghouse
http://www.westinghouselighting.com/color-temperature.aspx

GE
http://www.gelighting.com/LightingW...ng-lounge/technology/the-rainbow-of-light.jsp

Sylvania
https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/inno...lor/Pages/color-characteristics-of-light.aspx

Attachments

• IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
when did i ever say they were the only led product available
I said you ACT like they are the only ones.

What i said is they APPEAR BLUE ONLY IN CERTAIN PHOTOS FROM CERTAIN CAMERAS
Appear Blue because they are Blue.

people never ask for the off whites
That's because most people do not know of the choices in Color Temp's.

DO THE PHOTOS I POSTED LOOK BLUE, go back to my sale thread and point out how many look blue.
See Attached Image.
All three lamps "look" White.
That's because the Camera has corrected the colors to "look" White using AWB (Auto White Balance).
One is yellow, one is green, one is blue.
Your 6000K Lamps "look" white because our brain and the camera make adjustments to make it look white.

geez the ignore list grows today, and its a doozy[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_1139.PNG
    IMG_1139.PNG
    64.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

It's Science, not an opinion.

That's because there are more lumens, not because of the color temp.

Read up on Lamp Color Temperatures.
The Science applies to everything not just pool table cloth.
Maybe you might believe what Manufacturers of Lamps say?.......

Westinghouse
http://www.westinghouselighting.com/color-temperature.aspx

GE
http://www.gelighting.com/LightingW...ng-lounge/technology/the-rainbow-of-light.jsp

Sylvania
https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/inno...lor/Pages/color-characteristics-of-light.aspx

I know what color temps are, and nothing in your links counters my observations about my table and the lights being used. But that NDT/Bill Nye image "DESTROYS" me.

It's weird that you know more about which lights I used. You might have known that the 4000K lights actually had over 1600 lumens, but the 5000K lights I prefer have less than that.

You go right on, though. Tell me I didn't see what I saw. Be sure to use a meme or something though. That TOTALLY wins.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Your Life is an Illusion.

Tell me I didn't see what I saw.
Both 4000K/5000K Temps of your lamps looked white, correct?
It's all in your head.

3000k is really yellow.
4000K is yellow.
5000K is blue.
6000K is more blue.
But they all look the same to our brain.

Ask and you shall receive, my Master.....

Attachments

• IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Both 4000K/5000K Temps of your lamps looked white, correct?
It's all in your head.

If they had appeared the same, I would not have had a preference for one over the other.

Gonna have to say you can screw yourself, now. I think you're trolling.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Information

I think you're trolling.
Nope.

Just trying to help people to know that there are choices in lamps before they go out and purchase.

How is it "Trolling" if I am presenting facts not perceptions?

***Couldn't find a meme for this, sorry.***

Last edited: