Cue / access. prices at the Expo - and Becue review

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering about the cue prices at the Expo. I've always had the idear for whatever reason that prices for items ( pool related or not ) are usually offered at a discount lower than pretty much all other avenues of purchase? I only inquired on prices of two cues while there and while not knowing exactly what they retail for otherwise can't give an accurate assessment but I do know I was no longer interested in the cues after seeing the prices ( which could have very well been average or a great deal - I just don't know. And no, I do not recall the makers ( other than Becue.

I've been looking for a new " "everyday " case lol ( should say every bi- annual lol ) . Anyway didn't spend hours and hours looking but didn't really see what I am looking for. I did notice though a lot of the cases seemed pretty expensive for what they were. So my question is it just psychological to think the expo means big discounts kinda like now a days when you go to a flea market and it's full of vendors or other large events of this sort? I will add, the few items I did buy that I posted in the other thread I felt were really good deals fairly priced though.

Now Becue : I promised I'd write a review so I shall. The owner was very very nice and accommodating. I told him up front that I was not in the market for a 7th cue and if I was it Def would not be an LD but I had heard a lot about Becue and was really curious and would like to try it out. He said no problem and gave me the table and told me hit as long as I wanted. I was extremely surprised and impressed. I literally could not stand all other LD set ups I've tried in the past. I've tried just about all but the Revo. Becue was different some how though. It had the solid hit of a maple which seems to usually be the biggest gripe of those thinking of switching over. Every shot was as solid as could be and to my surprise I made almost everything I shot at. It also seemed to really add a lot of " zip " on the cue ball without much effort. All the materials seemed to be top notch too, without any expense spared ( also reflected in its price lol ). So no plans of ever switching over from maple, but I do now want a Becue just as a toy to play around with at some point lol. I can say this though, to everyone that's all about LD these days - while Pred and OB and whomever else does make quality products I would HIGHLY recommend hitting some racks with a Becue because in my experience playing with everything ( except the Revo of course - but then again Becue is about $800 cheaper and much better looking Imo ) Becue blew the others away.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Couple thoughts. Becue and Revo are the same IMO. Just feel the Revo is slicker in my hands. Price wise, where did you come up with 800 cheaper? If you got a Revo with the sp2revo series it was 900. Becue's cheapest model is around the same if not a few dollars more. As a matter of fact, Becue just released there 1st standalone shaft at the expo with a uniloc joint for 480 so just a $20 difference than revo for shaft alone.

Curious as to which shaft you tried the 5.1 or the prime. I tried the prime and my buddy tried the 5.1. I was impressed and didn't find any difference in hit with my Revo. Just wasn't a fan of the white paint due to cue slickness.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple thoughts. Becue and Revo are the same IMO. Just feel the Revo is slicker in my hands. Price wise, where did you come up with 800 cheaper? If you got a Revo with the sp2revo series it was 900. Becue's cheapest model is around the same if not a few dollars more. As a matter of fact, Becue just released there 1st standalone shaft at the expo with a uniloc joint for 480 so just a $20 difference than revo for shaft alone.

Curious as to which shaft you tried the 5.1 or the prime. I tried the prime and my buddy tried the 5.1. I was impressed and didn't find any difference in hit with my Revo. Just wasn't a fan of the white paint due to cue slickness.

Someone on here recently posted they bought a new Revolution for $1500 and sold but or tried to sell butt to one of our members for $500. I took it as the new Revo cue sells for $1500? Then I took the prices at the booth at Expo for Becue. To be a little more exact I guess it would have been $700 and some change which I didn't do actually calculations but right in that ballpark. U sure of which shaft, although he did tell me I was playing with their " new " line whatever that means.

PS - Be cue quoted me from $495-$865 . Unsure of models though.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Someone on here recently posted they bought a new Revolution for $1500 and sold but or tried to sell butt to one of our members for $500. I took it as the new Revo cue sells for $1500? Then I took the prices at the booth at Expo for Becue. To be a little more exact I guess it would have been $700 and some change which I didn't do actually calculations but right in that ballpark. U sure of which shaft, although he did tell me I was playing with their " new " line whatever that means.

PS - Be cue quoted me from $495-$865 . Unsure of models though.

The cues and shafts are still normal original prices from a dealer or predator. Since predator is way behind on production and shafts are backed up til September or October people are selling them for insane prices. Don't know why people aren't waiting but some are buying shafts for $700+. People are raffleing them off even higher.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering about the cue prices at the Expo. I've always had the idear for whatever reason that prices for items ( pool related or not ) are usually offered at a discount lower than pretty much all other avenues of purchase? I only inquired on prices of two cues while there and while not knowing exactly what they retail for otherwise can't give an accurate assessment but I do know I was no longer interested in the cues after seeing the prices ( which could have very well been average or a great deal - I just don't know. And no, I do not recall the makers ( other than Becue.

I've been looking for a new " "everyday " case lol ( should say every bi- annual lol ) . Anyway didn't spend hours and hours looking but didn't really see what I am looking for. I did notice though a lot of the cases seemed pretty expensive for what they were. So my question is it just psychological to think the expo means big discounts kinda like now a days when you go to a flea market and it's full of vendors or other large events of this sort? I will add, the few items I did buy that I posted in the other thread I felt were really good deals fairly priced though.

Now Becue : I promised I'd write a review so I shall. The owner was very very nice and accommodating. I told him up front that I was not in the market for a 7th cue and if I was it Def would not be an LD but I had heard a lot about Becue and was really curious and would like to try it out. He said no problem and gave me the table and told me hit as long as I wanted. I was extremely surprised and impressed. I literally could not stand all other LD set ups I've tried in the past. I've tried just about all but the Revo. Becue was different some how though. It had the solid hit of a maple which seems to usually be the biggest gripe of those thinking of switching over. Every shot was as solid as could be and to my surprise I made almost everything I shot at. It also seemed to really add a lot of " zip " on the cue ball without much effort. All the materials seemed to be top notch too, without any expense spared ( also reflected in its price lol ). So no plans of ever switching over from maple, but I do now want a Becue just as a toy to play around with at some point lol. I can say this though, to everyone that's all about LD these days - while Pred and OB and whomever else does make quality products I would HIGHLY recommend hitting some racks with a Becue because in my experience playing with everything ( except the Revo of course - but then again Becue is about $800 cheaper and much better looking Imo ) Becue blew the others away.

To me, pretty much all the events are cash traps. I'm all for new and/or better equipment but some vendors just try to hard and end up being to pushy and causing people to purchase things in the moment and regretting it later.

Ricky that sells Becue is not pushy or the like. He came to my house and let me use the becues. He seemed to be a very good guy. If I had not already had a CF cue or there was any difference between the becue and revo I would have bought the becue from Ricky.

As for the becue price, I think you misunderstood someone. Unless prices have changed the bottom of line cues of becue and revo are extremely close in price.

Rake