For Sale section editing?

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure wish there was a way to delete a For Sale item thread once it's SOLD. A lot of time wasted clicking on an item that's already sold... removing these would reduce the clutter.

Thread Mods, how about the original poster being able to delete once it's sold?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure wish there was a way to delete a For Sale item thread once it's SOLD. A lot of time wasted clicking on an item that's already sold... removing these would reduce the clutter.

Thread Mods, how about the original poster being able to delete once it's sold?

You can edit the title in "Go Advanced" and put in SOLD in there, and also in the post main field in the beginning that would show up in the preview. I like having all sales listed since you can see all sorts of cues that were for sale and find things through web searches as to make/model/pictures/maybe old or current price if that was not deleted. Maybe the mods can put that in as a for sale section procedure after it's sold, mark it so in the beginning of the thread and in the title.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can edit the title in "Go Advanced" and put in SOLD in there, and also in the post main field in the beginning that would show up in the preview. I like having all sales listed since you can see all sorts of cues that were for sale and find things through web searches as to make/model/pictures/maybe old or current price if that was not deleted. Maybe the mods can put that in as a for sale section procedure after it's sold, mark it so in the beginning of the thread and in the title.

I've never seen SOLD in the Thread title... it's only after you click on it that the price is replaced by SOLD. I do agree it's cool to see pictures of cues, etc., but there's still a lot of time wasted clicking on sold stuff.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never seen SOLD in the Thread title... it's only after you click on it that the price is replaced by SOLD. I do agree it's cool to see pictures of cues, etc., but there's still a lot of time wasted clicking on sold stuff.

To edit the title you need to go to the advanced editing, many don't know about that or just don't bother with it.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I could think of worse things to waste time on.

Like reading this post. Gotcha!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
To edit the title you need to go to the advanced editing, many don't know about that or just don't bother with it.

That feature doesn't work as you describe beyond 15 minutes or something short.

It only edits the post title, not the thread title

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Ah, but you clicked on it, gotcha!

"2018 Tascerella 4 pointer"

Click... Sold.. Cue 'Price Is Right' fail music.. Bwaaaaaaa:confused:

Actually, I was talking about a waste of time reading my post.

But yes, edit of title would be a nice feature, but there are so many bumps, sold stuff drops off pretty quick.
And if it's not on the first couple of pages, it most likely is not priced right.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But yes, edit of title would be a nice feature, but there are so many bumps, sold stuff drops off pretty quick.
And if it's not on the first couple of pages, it most likely is not priced right.

You're right about that.. if it's three or four pages in, no bueno.

I still think the seller should have the option to delete the post, ala Craigslist.
The code AZ and some other sites use is pretty old school... in your home panel you should have your 'for sale' list which you can delete from... just sayin' .