Pre-Cat Broken Ferrule Repair

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
So I have a nice pre-cat 314 shaft that I want to save if possible. I broke with it and the ferrule shattered.

Any input on options of where to get it fixed would be appreciated. Obviously the hollow end of the shaft limits local repair, but I am interested in seeing what options I have.

Wine harvest is starting so I don't have much free time...with the Revo blowing up, I have a feeling Predator has bigger things going on then fixing old shafts.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Is the tenon undamaged? Should be easy enough. I am no cuemaker, but I do have a lathe and I install tips and ferrules regularly.

I came across a pre-cat 314 shaft just like yours, broken ferrule. I used some ferrule stock that gets drilled out for unthreaded ferrules. Drilled it to the proper size, drilled a relief hole in it and cut it to length. Works great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have a nice pre-cat 314 shaft that I want to save if possible. I broke with it and the ferrule shattered.

Any input on options of where to get it fixed would be appreciated. Obviously the hollow end of the shaft limits local repair, but I am interested in seeing what options I have.

Wine harvest is starting so I don't have much free time...with the Revo blowing up, I have a feeling Predator has bigger things going on then fixing old shafts.

Jude Hammond is the best guy there is for this. He's out of California but worth looking up and shipping your shaft to.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Predator can do it but not with the same ferrule. I just did the ferrule on one of my pre cat
shafts, it was a little scary at first as it was my first time doing this kind of work on that
shaft, but it all came together quite nicely. Very happy with the result