Atlanta cue repair recommendations

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be traveling to Atlanta for work this weekend and need three cues repaired. Any suggestions for a place to get the work done?

New tip on Revo shaft.
New tip and fiber pad on OB shaft.
New G10 one tip or one piece tip ferrule on jump break cue.

Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sending a pm...i live here and have a great guy; worked on cues at Johnny Archer’s poolhall. He’s worked on cues forever!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
sending a pm...i live here and have a great guy; worked on cues at Johnny Archer’s poolhall. He’s worked on cues forever!

His name is Kevin Wright and he indeed is very good. He is also closer to Atlanta than Lomax or myself. He may not be the closest repairman to you though. It depends on what area you will be staying in. Where will you be staying? Kevin is roughly half hour north of Atlanta.
Tara billiards 15 minutes south. Lane Simmons 15 minutes to the east side. I am an hour north west.

jimmy91988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where does Kevin Wright repair cues from? Can someone provide me his contact information?

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His name is Kevin Wright and he indeed is very good. He is also closer to Atlanta than Lomax or myself. He may not be the closest repairman to you though. It depends on what area you will be staying in. Where will you be staying? Kevin is roughly half hour north of Atlanta.
Tara billiards 15 minutes south. Lane Simmons 15 minutes to the east side. I am an hour north west.

I will be staying in Kennesaw. Thank you for the information. I do appreciate it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kayhills..??

Kevin is in Acworth and is the closest to you.
Speakin of Hotlanta, is that Kayhill's place open yet? Looks like its in a pretty nice strip center. I msg'd them about tables but haven't heard back yet.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speakin of Hotlanta, is that Kayhill's place open yet? Looks like its in a pretty nice strip center. I msg'd them about tables but haven't heard back yet.
No idea....haven’t heard a peep.

What I do know is that not a soul here would be caught dead saying, “Hotlanta.”

hahaha

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea....haven’t heard a peep.

What I do know is that not a soul here would be caught dead saying, “Hotlanta.”

hahaha
Tell the truth only been there once. Buddy left the motel to get gas not 500yds. away from the room. Got robbed at gunpoint at 11 in the morning. We were in a pretty nice part of town too. Can happen anywhere i know but in 40yrs of traveling that was one-n-only time it happened. The Atl. and DFW are two places i could do without.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell the truth only been there once. Buddy left the motel to get gas not 500yds. away from the room. Got robbed at gunpoint at 11 in the morning. We were in a pretty nice part of town too. Can happen anywhere i know but in 40yrs of traveling that was one-n-only time it happened. The Atl. and DFW are two places i could do without.
Irony: I lived in Dallas from ‘76-84, and in Atlanta off and on since then. Love Atlanta!

JL in ATL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good quality work from Kevin. Thumbs up.

Kevin is not too shabby a pool player! He and I road up to JOB's together one year for the Music City Open. When we arrived, he hit the room (Madison Sq Inn) and took a nap. I had to go wake him up because he was one of the few who didn't get a 1st round bye.

When I woke him up to tell him he had a match, he said "Who did I get, Archer". And he guessed right. Kevin gave him one hell of a run for his money!

Good times,
John