Favorite Brunswick Gold Crown I Color Scheme?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I never suggested it was scientific paper. You keep laying down that demand. I said it would help you understand. Nobody is going to do a scientific research paper about something as basic to an engineering or physics student as this. What I pointed you to was a more lengthy explanation than I have the patience to craft. You don't need a paper, anything needed can be found in a textbook.

You are just being obtuse, you don't want to understand this so I'm done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never suggested it was scientific paper. You keep laying down that demand. You don't need a paper, anything needed can be found in a textbook.

You are just being obtuse.

I wonder how much actual pool the guy plays. Almost EVERY major event now uses Tour.Blue cloth. The clarity,especially on long shots, is quite obvious. Also, the better contrast yields less eyestrain. You play a few hours on green(any shade) and the edges aren't near as sharp as on blue. I guess it is nice to know that there is a AZ'r who knows more about cloth than Simonis. He's gonna argue this regardless of what he finds.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how much actual pool the guy plays. Almost EVERY major event now uses Tour.Blue cloth. The clarity,especially on long shots, is quite obvious. Also, the better contrast yields less eyestrain. You play a few hours on green(any shade) and the edges aren't near as sharp as on blue. I guess it is nice to know that there is a AZ'r who knows more about cloth than Simonis. He's gonna argue this regardless of what he finds.

What do you mean "the guy?" I'm right there!

I suspect the blue is better under TV camera lighting. I'd be interested in hearing what Simonis has to say about this, but my searches turn up nothing.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its obvious you're gonna beat your head against the wall on any topic regardless. I don't mind arguments/discussions. When i'm wrong i fully own it. You don't seem to want to. Keep believing what you want. Welcome to the "Ignore" button. Got better things to do.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Copper Plated side pocket and corner pocket dress caps
Got a pic of a table done that way? I've seen pics of the white GC4 w/the copperish hardware. Never seen one with copper plate. Bet it looks unreal. Especially with TOURNAMENT BLUE SIMONIS. ;)

Last edited:

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I know this cloth color will not appeal to some (Simonis 860 in 'wine')....but my room... Old pics, the room is more decorative now...but I haven't taken new pics. These were taken right after completion back in 2013.

Attachments

• shop_5523.JPG
    shop_5523.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 204
  • shop_5524.JPG
    shop_5524.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 212

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this cloth color will not appeal to some (Simonis 860 in 'wine')....but my room... Old pics, the room is more decorative now...but I haven't taken new pics. These were taken right after completion back in 2013.
Nice old Crown there. Reminds me of a place where we used to play league, the Wheeler Dealer. They had red decor and red Valley's with red chalk. Jean Wheeler, owner, would NOT let you use anything but the red house-chalk. At the end of play everyone had red dust on their cue, pants, shirt, everywhere. Good times.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
Nice old Crown there. Reminds me of a place where we used to play league, the Wheeler Dealer. They had red decor and red Valley's with red chalk. Jean Wheeler, owner, would NOT let you use anything but the red house-chalk. At the end of play everyone had red dust on their cue, pants, shirt, everywhere. Good times.
I use blue Magic Chalk actually. It stays on the cue, very little to clean off the table. :)

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very elegant.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sounds nice. Do you have a pic or two?

so sorry, no I haven't, you'll have to search that out yourself.

But... while I'm here, One of the astatic features of the dress caps is the molded cigarette form.
Whether your a smoker or not, this is a highly sought feature, and actually rare.

As far as copper or bronze plating, you can get that done anywhere.
Browns Plating Service (if they're still in business)

if you're lucky enough to find the corner pocket dress cap cigarette holder, One Cap per Table
don't over do it

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so sorry, no I haven't, you'll have to search that out yourself.

But... while I'm here, One of the astatic features of the dress caps is the molded cigarette form.
Whether your a smoker or not, this is a highly sought feature, and actually rare.

As far as copper or bronze plating, you can get that done anywhere.
Browns Plating Service (if they're still in business)

if you're lucky enough to find the corner pocket dress cap cigarette holder, One Cap per Table
don't over do it
Are you talking about the removable ashtray option on the old Crown's? The place i grew up at had GC1's with ashtrays in the corners.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you talking about the removable ashtray option on the old Crown's? The place i grew up at had GC1's with ashtrays in the corners.
Not These

The cap I refer to was not an ash tray, it was a holder.
like for cigars, almost elegant.

Attachments

• XXX.jpg
    XXX.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 207

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

They did rattle' allot when yah split the back of the pocket at speed. Pretty annoying.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

On the blue cloth and blue light, I must respectfully disagree with my correspondent on this topic. If you perceive blue, blue light is hitting your retina, whether from a light source or reflected, no difference...

You don't even remember what you were claiming any more.