I got the call! Southwest Cues!

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is very exciting to get a new cue from such a great company so my congratulations. When it comes to suggestions. Well...tastes differ. The good news is SW mostly offers pretty standard options when it comes to the design so you just concentrate on your wood combinations preferences, the veneers if you want some etc. When it comes to what I like. My type of a cue is the one Ko Pin Chung plays with. Just great wood combo, simple and elegant...everything in the cue for how it performs. I also like their PJ cues. One of simplest but brutal in look is all the black...ebony forearm and buttsleeve, just black fiber joint ring and butt cap with no rings and some matching dark linen wrap or black leather. This is simple design which perfectly matches any shaft to choose in the future. I also like Jerry Franklin's cue James Aranas is playing currently. I guess I'm not the best when it comes to advices because I'm thinking about the cue like a player who wants to play with it first of all having some preferences.
Good luck with your choice :smile:.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Anyone know if South West will take an order for an inlaid cue?

I begged, pleaded and money was no object and from my experience they most definitely will not, those days are over.

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I begged, pleaded and money was no object and from my experience they most definitely will not, those days are over.

Very sad but actually whether intended or not, those cues being unavailabe to future orders will be another reason why their non inlaid cues will continue to be in demand.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know the age of people working on these cues? Curious about future orders even getting done if they stop making cues.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would order a merry widow in wood which is not commonly seen in Southwest Cues. Some type of darker wood with rings.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I'd get an inlaid cue but if that's not an opition Ebony and either Coco or Rosewood.. Green goes good with all those woods imo.

Congrats Matt!
I like a 4 or 5 pointed cue with an ebony nose, with blue, purple, and white veneers. To me, an ebony nosed cue looks the best and with blue as part of the veneer color scheme -- but everyone has their own tastes.

But I will say, picking some fluorescent yellow or lime green colors, or red that looks pink for the veneers, is a sure way to ruin a cue.